Abortion Question

I don't like abortion, but I'm pro-choice. One thought that I go back to is those using contraceptives. There is still a possibility of pregnancy; I personally know someone who become pregnant despite an IUD. The couple chose to have to baby, and I agree with that decision, but I still think that was their decision to make. They were in school, and it was a life-changing and career altering decision for both of them. They were being responsible with contraceptives and still got pregnant (I understand abstinence is the only certain).

My personal belief, there should be time period allowed for abortion. I saw a mention of 5.5 weeks for a heartbeat, but some people don't even know they're pregnant within that period of time. Without getting into the weeds, maybe it should be allowed within the first trimester. I think I saw 0% viability at 21 weeks, and only 50% viability at 24 weeks. After that, I think it should be allowed when there is significant risk to the mother's health.

I think this is very reasonable.

For those of us that don't like abortion being used as birth control, I believe the answer lies in education and information rather than laws preventing the activity. But I also understand the people that do not want to be accomplices of the act. I understand that if public funds are used for abortions, many people feel that makes them a party to the act. This is primarily where the defunding of planned parenthood comes from.

I don't like abortion, but I'm pro-choice. One thought that I go back to is those using contraceptives. There is still a possibility of pregnancy; I personally know someone who become pregnant despite an IUD. The couple chose to have to baby, and I agree with that decision, but I still think that was their decision to make. They were in school, and it was a life-changing and career altering decision for both of them. They were being responsible with contraceptives and still got pregnant (I understand abstinence is the only certain).

My personal belief, there should be time period allowed for abortion. I saw a mention of 5.5 weeks for a heartbeat, but some people don't even know they're pregnant within that period of time. Without getting into the weeds, maybe it should be allowed within the first trimester. I think I saw 0% viability at 21 weeks, and only 50% viability at 24 weeks. After that, I think it should be allowed when there is significant risk to the mother's health.

For those of us that don't like abortion being used as birth control, I believe the answer lies in education and information rather than laws preventing the activity. But I also understand the people that do not want to be accomplices of the act. I understand that if public funds are used for abortions, many people feel that makes them a party to the act. This is primarily where the defunding of planned parenthood comes from.

But PUBLIC FUNDS ARE NOT USED FOR ABORTION. Sorry, not yelling at you JJ, just don't know if everyone understands that.

Because we are the Alpha species on the planet is my guess.

So why's it matter. Many other mammals kill their fully born young.

I cant really give you an explanation or answer. It is about the only reason i could think of.

What makes human "life" valuable, or any more valuable than some other species?

We took a poll of all life forms on the planet. Inexplicably the only responses came from humans and humans won in a landslide. I do believe a rock, a mollusk and a dandelion all tried to participate in the poll but we're pretty sure these were fraud attempts.

• Fire 1

What makes human "life" valuable, or any more valuable than some other species?

We took a poll of all life forms on the planet. Inexplicably the only responses came from humans and humans won in a landslide. I do believe a rock, a mollusk and a dandelion all tried to participate in the poll but we're pretty sure these were fraud attempts.

Some other mammal?

But PUBLIC FUNDS ARE NOT USED FOR ABORTION. Sorry, not yelling at you JJ, just don't know if everyone understands that.
I guess I don't understand that.

PP provides more abortions than any other single entity. They also provide numerous other services.

An analogy. The meth addict begging on the corner snorts crystal and eats a little food every once in awhile. It's pretty naive to think that all of the money they obtain panhandling goes only towards food and none of it towards their crank habit.

If PP did not provide abortions, how much funding would they really need? Killing babies is their flagship product. They would cease to exist without it. I just cannot believe that any dollar they receive doesn't help them in some indirect (or direct) way to provide abortions.

The Hyde ammendment prohibits the use of federal funds for abortion: except in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother's life is in danger. If federal money is being used, then audit them and reprimanded those responsible. It's up to the states to decide what they want to do with state funds.

If PP didn't provide abortions they would still need a lot of funding. They do all kinds of testing and screening; Std, diabetes, cholesterol, flu shots, physicals, counseling, contraceptives, prenatal advice and care. A woman can go in and recieve an IUD without paying a thing. That procedure could cost about a thousand dollars at your typical physician's office.

• Fire 2

Because we are the Alpha species on the planet is my guess.

So why's it matter. Many other mammals kill their fully born young.

One could argue, since we are the only fully sentient species on the planet, we should transcend the violent and animalistic tendencies of other creatures on Earth.

If PP did not provide abortions, how much funding would they really need? Killing babies is their flagship product. They would cease to exist without it. I just cannot believe that any dollar they receive doesn't help them in some indirect (or direct) way to provide abortions.

"Three percent of all Planned Parenthood health services are abortion services."

• Fire 3

The Hyde ammendment prohibits the use of federal funds for abortion: except in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother's life is in danger. If federal money is being used, then audit them and reprimanded those responsible. It's up to the states to decide what they want to do with state funds.

If PP didn't provide abortions they would still need a lot of funding. They do all kinds of testing and screening; Std, diabetes, cholesterol, flu shots, physicals, counseling, contraceptives, prenatal advice and care. A woman can go in and recieve an IUD without paying a thing. That procedure could cost about a thousand dollars at your typical physician's office.

"Three percent of all Planned Parenthood health services are abortion services."

Guys, I'm not necessarily trying to make an argument here, I'm just trying to explain some perceptions and why some people want to defund PP.

For many people, it doesn't matter how much "good" PP provides. They will be targets as long as they are in the baby killing business.