Jeriah Horne

Horne is a guy I would compare to Niang from Iowa St a few years ago. He isn't as good but has the same type of body and play. Niang wasn't a good defender, but could shoot and use his body to get into defenders and also distribute the ball. The problem is the three man weave, getting downhill offense that Miles runs isn't ideal. I like Horne and hope he stays but this is basketball nowadays with kids transferring a lot

I wouldn't have given up on a true freshman and his lack of defense.

What should Miles have done differently?

Obviously I can't speak for what went on in practice or in meetings. I can only speak on what I witnessed on the court. Some players are offensive minded. Some are defensive. Some can do both.

Horne was obviously an offensive minded player. And a threat to score when he was on the court. But Miles kept pulling him and reducing minutes for "lack of defense." No one on the team played consistent defense every game.

We had stretches of games where we wouldn't score for 5,6,7 minutes or more. And Horne, who was pretty good at stretching the defense, was left on the bench.

So What Miles could have done, was continue to use Horne offensively while still working with him to play better defense. Like I said, he was just a freshman. And as we have just seen with Webster, maybe giving up on someone too soon isn't the answer.

• Fire 3

Obviously I can't speak for what went on in practice or in meetings. I can only speak on what I witnessed on the court. Some players are offensive minded. Some are defensive. Some can do both.

Horne was obviously an offensive minded player. And a threat to score when he was on the court. But Miles kept pulling him and reducing minutes for "lack of defense." No one on the team played consistent defense every game.

We had stretches of games where we wouldn't score for 5,6,7 minutes or more. And Horne, who was pretty good at stretching the defense, was left on the bench.

So What Miles could have done, was continue to use Horne offensively while still working with him to play better defense. Like I said, he was just a freshman. And as we have just seen with Webster, maybe giving up on someone too soon isn't the answer.

Lol... so limiting a guys playing time as a true freshman is giving up on someone?

Lol... so limiting a guys playing time as a true freshman is giving up on someone?

Because he wasn't good at defense? Yes. There were plenty of guys playing sh**ty defense that wasn't the offensive threat Horne was.

• Fire 4

Wait...why are people pretending like the Huskers defense was solid this year and that Horne was jeopardizing the team?

The defense sucked and the team had a horrible record. It sort of seems like it would have been a great season to play dudes like Horne and Roby a lot more.

I am not a Jordy fan (as most of you know) but with all the tick he got...you can make an argument that he went from horrible stiff to just a stiff.

So why not let some of the others learn from their mistakes ON THE COURT.

• Fire 4

Wait...why are people pretending like the Huskers defense was solid this year and that Horne was jeopardizing the team?

The defense sucked and the team had a horrible record. It sort of seems like it would have been a great season to play dudes like Horne and Roby a lot more.

I am not a Jordy fan (as most of you know) but with all the tick he got...you can make an argument that he went from horrible still to just a stiff.

So why not let some of the others learn from their mistakes ON THE COURT.

Plus, actual playing experience would be insanely beneficial the next two years+.

• Fire 1

Because he wasn't good at defense? Yes. There were plenty of guys playing sh**ty defense that wasn't the offensive threat Horne was.

Maybe he wasn't buying into it, or even attempting to work at it?

So many unknowns, yet you and your +3's want to just throw Miles under a bus for it.

So many unknowns, yet you and your +3's want to just throw Miles under a bus for it.

Are you getting jealous of rep points?

And if you read what I wrote you would see that i said I based my opinion off of what I did know and see. Which is what was on the court.

And the buck stops with Miles. So yes. I hold him responsible.

• Fire 3

Maybe the entire team has not been buying in or working at it...for the last 4 years...

Or maybe Miles just isn't a great coach.

• Fire 3

It was more about his effort on defense than his ability to play. I think he seen the writing on the wall. Gill will be back along with Painter & Copeland.

It was more about his effort on defense than his ability to play. I think he seen the writing on the wall. Gill will be back along with Painter & Copeland.

Gill the guy who was abysmal at shooting and scoring before he was hurt?

Copeland the guy who just had back surgery?

And who is Painter?

That doesn't appear to me to be what i would hang my hat on just yet.

• Fire 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to Jeriah Horne