Jeriah Horne

And MattyIce hits the nail on the head....

Horne admitted little playing time was because of substandard practice habits. I give Miles kudos for not handing out playing time to kids who aren't working hard. Lord knows Fuller was busting his ass and rarely played.

So, whose job is it to motivate the kid to practice harder?

Quite honestly.....once you are on a Div 1 basketball roster, if you don't have the motivation to work your holy ass off then that falls back on you. Even though the end results are not what anyone expected, there were kids busting their butts on the court to get results. Horne was man enough to admit he wasn't one of them.

Again...nothing alarming here.

Believe it or not, Tom Osborne even had players who didn't decide to bust their asses in practice and they didn't have success on the field.

I don't disagree; if you don't have that work ethic at this level, you aren't going to be successful.

What I wonder about is how effective of a motivator Miles really is. Even though it's almost the status quo nowadays, there has been more than enough attrition from both the roster and staff to warrant that.

Well, to me, that question doesn't matter now.

He's going to be more successful next year or he's gone.

This, to me, tends to be more of a question to ask myself in the first few years when you're trying to figure out if this is going to work and he's probably going to be given several more years.

Right now, it's put up or shut up on the court. If the players want him here and don't want him fired, they will work their butts off. If they are wishy washy...then....we will see it in results and there will be a change.

I guess the question now is...why is Miles recruiting guys that don't want to work hard?

Why does every coach who ever existed end up with a player here or there that doesn't put in the effort that other players do?

I don't know...

But if you end up with too many of them...you might end up with 12 wins

• Fire 1

Horne admitted little playing time was because of substandard practice habits. I give Miles kudos for not handing out playing time to kids who aren't working hard. Lord knows Fuller was busting his ass and rarely played.

LOL THE COACH! WHICH IS WHY HE USED PLAYING TIME AS THE MOTIVATING FACTOR.

Have you ever coached, played or watched a sport before?

Enough to know that if a kid isn't being motivated by the method you are using, you try something else.

There's enough smoke around all of the players (and assistants for that matter) that, for one reason or another, have left the program to surmise that Miles may not be the best at using different forms of motivation. Even a layman can see that.

Guess what?

2.3 players leave every program in the nation each year. It's not just at Nebraska.

Quite honestly.....once you are on a Div 1 basketball roster, if you don't have the motivation to work your holy ass off then that falls back on you. Even though the end results are not what anyone expected, there were kids busting their butts on the court to get results. Horne was man enough to admit he wasn't one of them.

Believe it or not, Tom Osborne even had players who didn't decide to bust their asses in practice and they didn't have success on the field.

I don't disagree; if you don't have that work ethic at this level, you aren't going to be successful.

What I wonder about is how effective of a motivator Miles really is. Even though it's almost the status quo nowadays, there has been more than enough attrition from both the roster and staff to warrant that.

Would you think he might've motivated Tai Webster to go from a joke to a B1G 2nd Teamer?

I guess the question now is...why is Miles recruiting guys that don't want to work hard?

Why does every coach who ever existed end up with a player here or there that doesn't put in the effort that other players do?

I don't know...

Yep, and that's why he needs to produce wins or coach somewhere else.

Would you think he might've motivated Tai Webster to go from a joke to a B1G 2nd Teamer?

He probably had some impact but I would venture to say it was more from Webster playing international summer ball. Aside from Tshimanga, who really had nowhere to go but up, would you say anyone else on the team was better by the end of the season?

• Fire 1

I don't know...

Yep, and that's why he needs to produce wins or coach somewhere else.

Contrary to what you guys may believe, but I agree that he needs to win next year. I just don't buy into the other sh#t you guys lay on Miles & Co.

Horne admitted little playing time was because of substandard practice habits.

Where is this? Haven't seen it.

Check some articles out, it's there.

Like I said, I can't find it. So if you've seen it I'd appreciate you pointing me to them so I could read about it.

• Fire 1

Horne admitted little playing time was because of substandard practice habits.

Where is this? Haven't seen it.

Check some articles out, it's there.

Like I said, I can't find it. So if you've seen it I'd appreciate you pointing me to them so I could read about it.

I searched for it as well bc I hadn't read anything about it either but I did find it here:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/jeriah-horne-announces-decision-to-transfer-tim-miles-disappointed-but/article_82f95746-09ad-11e7-85de-2bfffdad32ae.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

But Horne also went through extended periods with little playing time, which he acknowledged occurred because of his substandard practice habits.
  • Fire 2

He probably had some impact but I would venture to say it was more from Webster playing international summer ball. Aside from Tshimanga, who really had nowhere to go but up, would you say anyone else on the team was better by the end of the season?

LOL WOW. Talk about completely unwilling to give Miles any credit. So he gets minimal credit, but summer ball gets the majority of it? You gotta be kidding right?

Others this year?

Hell, Roby was on the up and up until he hurt his ankle.

Morrow started off pretty strong until got injured.

Watson started off at a SUPERSTAR level and slowed after his injury as well and couldn't get kick started after he was healthy.

Jacobson? Major improvements offensively and on the boards. His mid-range game picked up quite a bit actually.

McVeigh actually became a sniper from downtown, whereas he was not the year before. (perception wise at least)

Evan Taylor, a guy who has barely been here, even improved a ton. First game of the year, I didn't even trust him on the court. He missed major free-throws frequently. Towards the end of the year, he was as consistent of a player as we ha on the team.

• seaofred92 changed the title to Jeriah Horne