DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

26 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

We may eventually have a "Saturday Night  Massacre" as in the Nixon years.   If Wray leaves, who follows him in leaving in protest, etc. 

This could get ugly quickly. 

Ok, to add to the above, Washington Post adds that Trump may be looking at firing Dep AG Rosenstein.    The bold below is pretty insightful - paranoia is setting in and look for crazy actions to follow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/with-fbi-statement-on-memo-christopher-wray-could-now-be-in-the-presidents-crosshairs/2018/01/31/01fcbfd6-06ad-11e8-94e8-e8b8600ade23_story.html?utm_term=.77bb043bb903

Trump also is said to have recently suggested firing Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who, because Sessions recused himself, is supervising special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation into the Trump campaign’s contact with agents of the Russian government. According to a person familiar with his comments, the president has told advisers the memo might make people realize how the FBI and Mueller are biased against him, and that could give him reason to force Rosenstein out.

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait...I thought McCabe resigned.....It's official now that he was fired by Trump?

Actually, a lot of people that have seen the memo have called it factually inaccurate. (EDIT: In response to Don Jr)

Edited by RedDenver

I'm confused. Colin Kaepernick kneels during the national anthem, and it's an inexcusable affront to the brave men and women in our military and police forces.

Donald Trump recklessly undermines the most respected law enforcement agency in America in an attempt to save his own ass, and the flag-wavers  line up behind him.

This is exhausting. 

• Plus1 6
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm confused. Colin Kaepernick kneels during the national anthem, and it's an inexcusable affront to the brave men and women in our military and police forces.

Donald Trump recklessly undermines the most respected law enforcement agency in America in an attempt to save his own ass, and the flag-wavers  line up behind him.

This is exhausting. 

Amen!!!!!  My thoughts for the last year.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

We may eventually have a "Saturday Night  Massacre" as in the Nixon years.   If Wray leaves, who follows him in leaving in protest, etc. 

This could get ugly quickly. 

Honestly if you really dig into it, its already happening - Trump is just spreading it out. Instead of it being one night its been 6 months of drips ... drip ...drip. 

18 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Honestly if you really dig into it, its already happening - Trump is just spreading it out. Instead of it being one night its been 6 months of drips ... drip ...drip. 

yep, you go that right - its a slow bleed.  Easier for congressional repubs to ignore it that way.

22 hours ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

if these places are so great, why are people trying so hard to flee?

Serious question.  Is this really a serious question about immigration?  Should we only take people from countries that are wonderful places to live and people are in heavenly happiness?

If so, I'm glad that wasn't the case when my family immigrated here.  My ancestors were from a country that was in the middle of economic troubles and in the process of a build up of causing two world wars while slaughtering millions of innocent people and over 300,000 Americans had to die to stop them.

• Plus1 2

If we're being really honest, a lot of people would call Haiti a s#!thole. Even people living in Haiti. 

But if we're still being honest, a lot of people would call Nebraska a s#!thole. Donald Trump wouldn't set foot in a most red states without a motorcade rushing him to a cheering auditorium. 

So if the person who is setting policy for your s#!thole country or s#!thole state calls it a s#!thole, it's not the word that offends you so much. It's the confirmation that he couldn't give a s#!t about you. 

• Plus1 2