DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

33 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

How much of a moron do you have to be to think this?

He doesn't have to think it. He has to make his followers think it. And judging by comments we see right here, they buy every word that comes out of this guy's mouth.

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

If you try to stop people whose job it is to decide innocence or guilt, you've obstructed justice regardless of whether or not you're guilty of a crime.

Trump has tweeted repeatedly that he wants the investigation to stop, and any attempts to force it to stop (e.g. firing Comey? he's admitted at least once it was because of the investigation) are obstruction even if he is innocent of the topic of the investigation.

I've said it many times - I don't think Trump colluded. I think the investigation hurt(s) his ego and because of that he obstructed justice.

There's a whole heck of a lot of developments in the Russia investigation recently.

Alleged list of dozens of questions Mueller wants to ask Trump leaked yesterday.

Mueller wants to ask Trump about why the GOP mysteriously changed its official platform re: protecting Ukraine (from Russia) during the GOP convention.

Mueller requests 2 more months before sentencing Flynn. (Why?)

In March Mueller mentioned presidential subpoena to Trump's lawyers if Trump didn't talk to him, to which Trump's lawyers took offense.

I think you're right, though, FWIW. Looking just at the quote you cited, he doesn't even know how obstruction works. Either that or he's A) lying B) delusional or C) has no one around him with the stones to tell him he's wrong.

Either way, he's pretty much that annoying person everyone knows who goes "ACKSHULLY..." during conversation all the time & proceeds to explain something you know is false.

On 4/28/2018 at 4:33 PM, Clifford Franklin said:

Things that make you go hmmmm....

He buried with the Clinton bodies :o  Ok maybe not.  He probably just had an untimely fall off of a cruise ship wt that cement block tied to his ankle.

19 hours ago, Moiraine said:

If you try to stop people whose job it is to decide innocence or guilt, you've obstructed justice regardless of whether or not you're guilty of a crime.

Trump has tweeted repeatedly that he wants the investigation to stop, and any attempts to force it to stop (e.g. firing Comey? he's admitted at least once it was because of the investigation) are obstruction even if he is innocent of the topic of the investigation.

I've said it many times - I don't think Trump colluded. I think the investigation hurt(s) his ego and because of that he obstructed justice.

Pretty amazing isn't it.    Again the 2nd crime will be worse than the 1st.  Better to cooperate (if innocent) than to obstruct. 

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Pretty amazing isn't it.    Again the 2nd crime will be worse than the 1st.  Better to cooperate (if innocent) than to obstruct. 

People are also forgetting that Trump can obstruct an investigation into someone other than himself. For example, firing Comey may have obstructed an investigation into Flynn, Manafort, Kushner, etc. and have nothing to do with Trump.

And the plot thickens, Ukraine no longer cooperating with Special Counsel Mueller.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/world/europe/ukraine-mueller-manafort-missiles.html

But in Ukraine, where officials are wary of offending President Trump, four meandering cases that involve Mr. Manafort, Mr. Trump’s former campaign chairman, have been effectively frozen by Ukraine’s chief prosecutor.

The cases are just too sensitive for a government deeply reliant on United States financial and military aid, and keenly aware of Mr. Trump’s distaste for the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, into possible collusion between Russia and his campaign, some lawmakers say.

The decision to halt the investigations by an anticorruption prosecutor was handed down at a delicate moment for Ukraine, as the Trump administration was finalizing plans to sell the country sophisticated anti-tank missiles, called Javelins.

• Plus1 1

Imagine the Republican outrage if this was Obama.

But in Ukraine, where officials are wary of offending President Obama, four meandering cases that involve Mr. Axelrod, Mr. Obama’s former campaign chairman, have been effectively frozen by Ukraine’s chief prosecutor.

The cases are just too sensitive for a government deeply reliant on United States financial and military aid, and keenly aware of Mr. Obama’s distaste for the investigation by Rep. Devin Nunes, into the actual origins of his birth certificate, some lawmakers say.

The decision to halt the investigations by an anticorruption prosecutor was handed down at a delicate moment for Ukraine, as the Obama administration was finalizing plans to sell the country sophisticated anti-tank missiles, called Javelins.

I had to fudge it a little because, of course, Barack Obama wasn't under anything like the kind of investigation(s) Trump is under. 

• Plus1 2

Two important quotes from this article:

The first - Trump says he may get involved and the not so hidden threat of firing Mueller.

The 2nd - Trump's endorsement of a Fox News legal analyst's book.   - So we have another  comment showing how Trump and Fox are tied at the hip - making Fox the Trump propaganda agency.  And isn't it illegal for a President to endorse a product:dunno

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-tweets-there-no-obstruction-justice-calls-it-setup-trap-0

"A Rigged System - They don’t want to turn over Documents to Congress. What are they afraid of? Why so much redacting? Why such unequal 'justice?' At some point I will have no choice but to use the powers granted to the Presidency and get involved!" the president tweeted at mid-morning."

The president has both pardoning power and the power to fire anyone in the Executive branch.

In two earlier tweets on Wednesday morning, President Trump reacted to all those open-ended questions Special Counsel Robert Mueller wants to ask him, indicating his reply to Mueller will be "no."  "'The questions are an intrusion into the President’s Article 2  powers under the Constitution to fire any Executive Branch Employee,'" Trump tweeted around 9:30 a.m

Trump on Wednesday also tweeted a plug for a new book by Fox News legal analyst Gregg Jarrett. The book, titled "The Russia Hoax -- the Illicit Scheme to Clear Hillary Clinton and Frame Donald Trump" is a "MUST READ," Trump wrote.