DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Payments to women  - tax fraud

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/21/nyregion/michael-cohen-plea-deal-trump.html

Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s former lawyer, on Tuesday reached a plea agreement with prosecutors investigating payments he made to women on behalf of Mr. Trump, a deal that does not include cooperation with federal authorities, two people familiar with the matter said.

Mr. Cohen is expected to plead guilty to multiple counts of bank and tax fraud charges and campaign finance violations. For months, prosecutors in New York have been scrutinizing him for those crimes and focusing on his role in helping to arrange financial deals to secure the silence of women who said they had affairs with Mr. Trump.

So does this mean he hasn't flipped on Trump??:dunno

Even though Mr. Cohen is not cooperating with prosecutors, his decision to plead guilty is a political blow to Mr. Trump. Mr. Cohen had been the president’s longtime fixer, handling his most sensitive business and personal matters. He once said he would take a bullet for Mr. Trump.

• Plus1 1

It would seem likely that if Cohen is charged wt tax fraud, that Trump can't be far behind on the same charge - as Cohen was tied at the hip to Trump and did his bidding.  I would think if the tax fraud is based on actions he took on behalf of Trump that Trump himself could be implicated.   But I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV.  Maybe someone has some insight how this will specifically hit Trump.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

FWIW, Cohen pretty much dragged Trump into everything this afternoon, too.

Not a great day for Orange Julius.

Hey. It says candidate. We can’t be sure who he means. We should be fair and unbiased against whoever it might be. 

• Plus1 3

Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen pleads guilty, admits to making illegal payments at direction of candidate to influence election

Michael Cohen, the former personal lawyer and fixer for President Donald Trump, agreed to plead guilty on Tuesday to eight charges related to tax fraud, excessive campaign contributions, making false statements to a financial institution, and unlawful corporate contributions at a court hearing in New York on Tuesday.

Two of those charges appear to relate to Trump directly. Cohen admitted on Tuesday to making payments to two women at the direction of an unidentified candidate for political office. Those payments, Cohen said, were made to influence the outcome of the election.

"I used a company under my control to pay $130,000 to a person to keep information from becoming public," Cohen told the judge of one of the payments.

Cohen said that he was later paid back by the candidate. When the judge asked Cohen whether he knew what he was doing was illegal, he said "yes," according to NBC News.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/21/trumps-ex-lawyer-michael-cohen-strikes-plea-deal-nbc-news.html

Today, this hour in particular - the Day that the Trump Presidency died.      It is on life support from this time forward until the medical unit (congressional republicans) give up all hope. 

• Plus1 2

The midterms will be a referendum on Trump and his less than ethical ways - and there is no defending him.  He will explode or maybe implode (maybe literally) as he tries to  excuse, defend, and accuse. All of this will give more ammo for the Dems to use and defeat Repubs at the polls.  I don't see anyway around it at this point. 

Donald+Trump+President+Trump+Departs+White+N5Xrt90o-zOl.jpg
**TRUMP HELL HOUR**
MANAFORT: GUILTY
COHEN: I'M GUILTY
logo9.gif