DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

34 minutes ago, commando said:

wonder if whoever is acting AG when the report is turned in will let anyone else ever see it or not?

I would just about guarantee that if the report is squelched it will get leaked in its entirety.

I think there are enough patriots in the investigation that they'd gladly do life in prison to ensure the sovereignty of the country.

• Plus1 3

This is bizarre. Rod Rosenstein was passed over for the acting Director position after Sessions was fired.  This Whitaker dude, who has been vocally anti-Mueller, was put in his place. The belief was that Trump would use Whitaker to submarine Mueller, or just outright fire him. 

Instead, maybe in the face of massive backlash, Trump is distancing himself from Whitaker. 

Maybe that's so he can claim he wasn't pulling Whitaker's strings when he axes Mueller. Maybe it's because the Whitaker ascension was a disaster.  Hard to say. But it's weird.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is bizarre. Rod Rosenstein was passed over for the acting Director position after Sessions was fired.  This Whitaker dude, who has been vocally anti-Mueller, was put in his place. The belief was that Trump would use Whitaker to submarine Mueller, or just outright fire him. 

Instead, maybe in the face of massive backlash, Trump is distancing himself from Whitaker. 

Maybe that's so he can claim he wasn't pulling Whitaker's strings when he axes Mueller. Maybe it's because the Whitaker ascension was a disaster.  Hard to say. But it's weird.

lies, lies, and more lies

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I've had this thought......and know it's a pretty far fetched thought.....

Imagine if Whitaker gets in with all intentions of firing Mueller.  He's said all the right things to kiss Trump's a$$ and trash the investigation to get the appointment.....only to get in the position, see the evidence Mueller has and says........."Holy s#!t!!!!!!  I can't fire him!!!!!!"

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Imagine if Whitaker gets in with all intentions of firing Mueller.  He's said all the right things to kiss Trump's a$$ and trash the investigation to get the appointment.....only to get in the position, see the evidence Mueller has and says........."Holy s#!t!!!!!!  I can't fire him!!!!!!"

Certainly not the craziest thought. I've had similar thoughts each time a GOP Senator has voiced support for Mueller and the investigation. They'll ride the Trump Train and put up with his buffoonery to get their tax cuts and such, but  when it comes to Mueller they'll put their foot down if need be. At least that's my hope. 

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes that entered my head as well. The problem with that is there are many people around Trump who know what a horrible person he is and they keep enabling him, and Whitaker is most likely going to be the same.

• Plus1 1

Definitely one of these moments in history....  :snacks:

From my view, one of two things is happening:

1)  Trump felt emboldened because of the elections and thought this is his best time to get rid of the pathetic little man between him and firing Mueller.

or....

2)  Trump knows Mueller is writing his final report and he knows what is in it and is trying his best to get the entire thing shut down before it becomes public.  The backlash or legal problems with firing Sessions is no where close to as bad as what is in the report if it becomes public.

It's time to sit back and see which it is.

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Definitely one of these moments in history....  :snacks:

From my view, one of two things is happening:

1)  Trump felt emboldened because of the elections and thought this is his best time to get rid of the pathetic little man between him and firing Mueller.

or....

2)  Trump knows Mueller is writing his final report and he knows what is in it and is trying his best to get the entire thing shut down before it becomes public.  The backlash or legal problems with firing Sessions is no where close to as bad as what is in the report if it becomes public.

It's time to sit back and see which it is.

Could be both.

I could see him going with route #1 to create a distraction from their poor performance in the midterms.

OTOH, if it's #2, dos he really think firing Mueller is going to accomplish anything? Might make him feel good for a little bit. But Mueller and his team have had this thing mostly finalized probably for months now. They just waited till after the midterms out of deference for the political system before cranking things back up into high gear. 

Firing Mueller at this point would be akin to slapping a band-aid on the side of the Titanic. Same goes with trying to run interference in their operations.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, commando said:

this guy looks more trumpy every time something new comes out

Disrespecting the military only counts if you're a self deprecating comedian on SNL.....if you're a commander-in-chief or acting attorney general, it's okay to scam veterans, attack the parents of a deceased bronze star veteran, and mock a POW for being captured. Did you even take civics class????? Day one stuff.

• Plus1 2