DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

28 minutes ago, ADS said:

Found it interesting that the memo mentioned two other ongoing investigations that Flynn was interviewed about.  Have to think one would be the SDNY.

Yep. 

I'm assuming one is the Russian money laundering investigation the FBI is conducting. But Deutsche Bank and a former Trump tax lawyer were recently raided by the FBI, too. So there are quite a few moving parts here.

1 hour ago, commando said:

i wonder how the wicked witch of the west wing is feeling this morning?

Not to chipper.  Expect a 1000 tweets after he watches Fox and Friends - who will defend him. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/04/robert-mueller-sentencing-memo-for-former-trump-advisor-michael-flynn.html

Flynn had to hand over a lot of the goods on Trump and the rest of the mob with this recommendation:

Flynn has cooperated with Mueller's ongoing probe since pleading guilty.

"Given the defendant's substantial assistance and other considerations set forth below, a sentence at the low end of the guideline range — including a sentence that does not impose a term of incarceration — is appropriate and warranted," Mueller's office wrote in the memo filed Tuesday.

I expect Trump to praise and maybe eventually pardon Manafort and to denounce Flynn.

Mueller is expected to file another court document later this week in connection with ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

Those documents will detail Mueller's allegation that the longtime Republican consultant Manafort, who pleaded guilty in August to multiple crimes unrelated to the campaign, had lied since then to investigators after agreeing like Flynn to cooperate with Mueller's probe.

11 hours ago, ADS said:

Found it interesting that the memo mentioned two other ongoing investigations that Flynn was interviewed about.  Have to think one would be the SDNY.

And the other is a "criminal investigation" that nobody knew about.

Can't wait for Mannafort Memo Friday!

36 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Judge Napolitano thinks Rudy's report probably won't be able to withstand the growing weight of evidence against his client. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-andrew-napolitano-why-i-dont-believe-that-mueller-is-on-a-fishing-expedition-or-is-about-to-go-home

From that article (emphasis mine):

Rudy Giuliani is a very talented lawyer. He has assumed two roles for his most famous client -- as legal strategist and as cheerleader. As a legal strategist, he brings a wealth of experience in federal criminal procedure, but he has no serious experience defending a person accused by the feds -- hence his morphing into the cheerleading role, in which he has candidly acknowledged to friends that his goal is not to dissuade the special counsel from pursuing his client but to influence public opinion so that if an indictment or impeachment of Trump were to come down, it would generally be unacceptable to the public.

Yet the more he cheerleads the more he undercuts his reputation in the legal, judicial and law enforcement communities. That's because when he was the U.S. attorney in Manhattan, he excelled at utilizing the most extreme and aggressive prosecutorial techniques that the courts permitted -- the very ones he is now attacking Mueller for using.

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

There is so much trump fatigue all ready, only his staunches supporters will stand with him upon impeachment - I suspect the evidence will be overwhelming - more than a witch's brew.

I don't have much doubt he'll be impeached, but can they find 18 (or w/e) Republican Senators to convict? I find that hard to believe no matter what he did because they've already shown they don't have spines when it comes to him.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't have much doubt he'll be impeached, but can they find 18 (or w/e) Republican Senators to convict? I find that hard to believe no matter what he did because they've already shown they don't have spines when it comes to him.

That's the big question.  I think it would have to be so blatant and the evidence so damning that they can't fight it anymore.

OR.....maybe there are 18 Republicans that are really really wanting a good reason to get rid of the piece of crap.

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's the big question.  I think it would have to be so blatant and the evidence so damning that they can't fight it anymore.

OR.....maybe there are 18 Republicans that are really really wanting a good reason to get rid of the piece of crap.

It's possible. But how many aren't up for election in 2020? A lot more are up for election in 2020 than were in 2018. That's probably their #1 factor, which is sad because defending the country should be #1.

Edit: there are 20 Republican seats up for election in 2020. So there are ~32 not up for election.