DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

My mom is a lifelong Republican but started to get disillusioned during George W's presidency and has voted almost all Democrat since 2010. She thinks the Democrats shouldn't impeach Trump unless they know they have the votes to convict. I think the Democrats have no choice but to impeach in order to secure votes.

Thoughts?

59 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

My mom is a lifelong Republican but started to get disillusioned during George W's presidency and has voted almost all Democrat since 2010. She thinks the Democrats shouldn't impeach Trump unless they know they have the votes to convict. I think the Democrats have no choice but to impeach in order to secure votes.

Thoughts?

I agree. If more stuff continues to drop saying the president as guilty of multiple felonies (and that's just in regards to campaign finance, never mind collusion with Russians or obstruction of justice) you've got to impeach these guys. You can't set a standard that says it's OK for the president to be a felon and nothing will be done. Nixon didn't get a pass, Clintons didn't get a pass and Trump can't get a pass.

The problem is there's no way they come up with 2/3 of the Senate to convict him unless it's just plain as day. These Senate Republicans are going to do absolutely everything they can to protect him. The charges are going to have to be serious enough that Republicans will take on more water by voting to acquit Trump than voting to convict him. 

I just don't see it happening. They're such a bunch of power-hungry old fools they're going to cling to whatever bogus spin Trump and his cronies put out for dear life. It's going to be about what is best of their political careers and not the country. But still, yes, they should have to go on the record.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I took it serious since someone did give it an eye roll. 

Pure sarcasm on my part. But someone out there is giving those very well laid out facts an eye roll instead of actually trying to refute them. Mr. Eyeroll is a great microcosm of what's wrong with this country.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Thoughts?

If the sitting Democrats don't move to impeach then I'll view them as having failed us and would like them removed.

On the flip side, Republican voters won't give a s#!t one way or the other and will stay the course.

Why wouldn't you move for impeachment if the president has committed a crime?

• Plus1 3