DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I agree. If more stuff continues to drop saying the president as guilty of multiple felonies (and that's just in regards to campaign finance, never mind collusion with Russians or obstruction of justice) you've got to impeach these guys. You can't set a standard that says it's OK for the president to be a felon and nothing will be done. Nixon didn't get a pass, Clintons didn't get a pass and Trump can't get a pass.

The problem is there's no way they come up with 2/3 of the Senate to convict him unless it's just plain as day. These Senate Republicans are going to do absolutely everything they can to protect him. The charges are going to have to be serious enough that Republicans will take on more water by voting to acquit Trump than voting to convict him. 

I just don't see it happening. They're such a bunch of power-hungry old fools they're going to cling to whatever bogus spin Trump and his cronies put out for dear life. It's going to be about what is best of their political careers and not the country. But still, yes, they should have to go on the record.

Or the Repubs may impeach Trump if they want a different nominee without having to primary him.

• Plus1 1

It's a crazy idea. But we live in crazy times...

Jennifer Rubin: Trump will resign 10 minutes before next inauguration so Mike Pence can pardon him

"He risks being prosecuted after he leaves office,” she explained. “For that very reason, I would predict here on MSNBC that when Trump leaves office, he will resign the presidency 10 minutes before Mike Pence leaves office, allowing Pence to pardon him.”

“Wow!” MSNBC guest host Jonthan Capehart replied. “We got that on tape.”

3 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

It's a crazy idea. But we live in crazy times...

Jennifer Rubin: Trump will resign 10 minutes before next inauguration so Mike Pence can pardon him

"He risks being prosecuted after he leaves office,” she explained. “For that very reason, I would predict here on MSNBC that when Trump leaves office, he will resign the presidency 10 minutes before Mike Pence leaves office, allowing Pence to pardon him.”

“Wow!” MSNBC guest host Jonthan Capehart replied. “We got that on tape.”

i'd put a dollar on that bet

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow.....well, we now know what the marching orders on what to say are. 

Glad we elected the “law and order” President. 

Isn't there a subreddit or something for people's reactionary takes that are meant to be used as an argument against something, but in all reality are actually totally true and would be great if they were real? This is hilarious.

Like, the guy is 100% right. THAT'S THE f#&%ING PROBLEM DIPs#!t. 

• Plus1 2

"I take full responsibility for each act that I pled guilty to: The personal ones to me and those involving the President of the United States of America," he said. 
"This may seem hard to believe, but today is one of the most meaningful days of my life," Cohen added. "I have been living in a personal and mental incarceration ever since the day that I accepted the offer to work for a real estate mogul whose business acumen that I deeply admired."

:laughpound
  • Plus1 1