DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

The Dems smell blood in the water (can sharks smell blood :dunno) and rightly so.   Resigned or be impeached.   

There was a period when the Nixon probably knew when he was toast - when the WH tapes were 'discovered' via John Dean's testimony and more so when it was discovered that there was the gap in the tape.  Nixon was dead man walking but he was able to walk for many months until it finally came to a point where he had to resign.  I think the Trump dominoes will fall quicker. Nixon, up to watergate, could have been considered a decent president and he had won a 49 state landslide reelection.  So he had some loyalty within the party and the public to hold things together for a period of time.  While the congressional repubs have shown stupidity by tying their boats to Trump, I think that when the evidence comes out, they won't be able to withstand the tidal wave that will come against Trump and hopefully will remember that their loyalty belongs to the Constitution and the people first.    VP Pence should start getting his SOTUS ready - he may be presenting one mid summer or earlier

Trump seems to be a different animal than Nixon though. I don't know if he would resign. I think he will go kicking and screaming. I think he will make the senate convict him.

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Trump seems to be a different animal than Nixon though. I don't know if he would resign. I think he will go kicking and screaming. I think he will make the senate convict him.

I agree 100%.   Unless he can fake a heart attack and leave under 'health reasons'  in order to save face. 

We will soon get to that "TIMES SQUARE MOMENT"   - you know when Trump could shoot someone in Times Square and his followers will support him regardless ( Talk about a Cult Personality trait).  We'll see how loyal his cult followers are after the Cohen testimony before congress and after the House takes up impeachment shortly afterwards - which they will have basically no other choice if Cohen's words are supported by other evidence. 

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I agree 100%.   Unless he can fake a heart attack and leave under 'health reasons'  in order to save face. 

We will soon get to that "TIMES SQUARE MOMENT"   - you know when Trump could shoot someone in Times Square and his followers will support him regardless ( Talk about a Cult Personality trait).  We'll see how loyal his cult followers are after the Cohen testimony before congress and after the House takes up impeachment shortly afterwards - which they will have basically no other choice if Cohen's words are supported by other evidence.

The Buzzfeed story you linked said there are emails. Imagine if Trump was dumb enough to order it in an email... it's not hard to imagine him being that stupid, just hilarious to think about.

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Those bone spurs might start acting up again

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It appears to me, Buzz Feed was very irresponsible by running this story. 

Not all media needs to be condemned because of this like dear president trying to do. 

But, Buzz Feed is probably getting a lot of what they deserve. 

I’ve been saying awhile now I wish the media would let Mueller come out with what he wants when he wants. That’s even for the 100% true stuff. I’ve wondered if some of the leaks have been on purpose, though. Mueller needs regular people to think the investigation is legitimate, too, since Trump talks to regular people every day through Twitter.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I’ve been saying awhile now I wish the media would let Mueller come out with what he wants when he wants. That’s even for the 100% true stuff. I’ve wondered if some of the leaks have been on purpose, though. Mueller needs regular people to think the investigation is legitimate, too, since Trump talks to regular people every day through Twitter.

I tend to agree.

But to play Devil's Advocate here... how long do we allow Trump to destroy our institutions and place his henchmen in places of power without throwing up some huge red flags? He nominated an AG that wrote an unsolicited memo opposing Mueller's investigation. Knock on wood, if RGB dies soon, Trump will have personally appointed 3/9 of the Supreme Court. He seeks "loyalty pledges" from everyone. That is a firm grasp on the Justice Department and the highest Court in the land. Who is going to check his power, McConnell!?!

• Plus1 1