DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

11 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

Such a classy guy...

He may go to jail sooner than expected

http://news.trust.org/item/20190219160255-wegx7

Roger Stone, a former political adviser to U.S. President Donald Trump, was ordered on Tuesday to appear in court this week over Instagram posts that chastised and appeared to threaten the judge presiding over his criminal trial.

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson said Stone would need to show cause at a hearing on Thursday as to why the posts did not violate a gag order in the case or the conditions of his release.

Stone, who is free on a $250,000 bond and is free to travel to certain U.S. cities without the court's permission, has pleaded not guilty to charges of making false statements to Congress, obstruction and witness tampering as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Stone's attorneys filed a formal apology with the court on Monday, after he posted a photograph on Instagram of Jackson alongside what appeared to be the crosshairs of a gun.

He later deleted the image and reposted it without the crosshairs before removing it again, according to other media outlets.

Next to the close-up image of Jackson's face, Stone said Jackson was an "Obama appointed Judge who dismissed the Benghazi charges" against Hillary Clinton. He also accused Mueller of being a "Deep State hitman."

Stone later posted a statement on his account saying the photo was not intended to threaten the judge or disrespect the court.

The Bold -   what a thug.   He calls Mueller a Deep State hit man - we all know he is a political hit man and his remark in bold was in deed a threat. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

He may go to jail sooner than expected

http://news.trust.org/item/20190219160255-wegx7

The Bold -   what a thug.   He calls Mueller a Deep State hit man - we all know he is a political hit man and his remark in bold was in deed a threat. 

Hmmm....Gee...I wonder what can be assumed with his tweet.  Trump people know there is a certain segment of their supporters that are extremely angry about how they are "being treated" and a few that are on the edge of taking issues into their own hands.

So, he tweets out accusations of this judge (along with her picture with a gun cross hairs) talking about how she is a big part of the deep state.

Gee....wonder what he is really trying to accomplish.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmm....Gee...I wonder what can be assumed with his tweet.  Trump people know there is a certain segment of their supporters that are extremely angry about how they are "being treated" and a few that are on the edge of taking issues into their own hands.

So, he tweets out accusations of this judge (along with her picture) talking about how she is a big part of the deep state.

Gee....wonder what he is really trying to accomplish.

In the meantime it will be someone else's finger on that trigger - not his.  Kind of reminds me of the Charlottesville, Va  murder.  Trump's language promotes the alt right and Trump doesn't distant himself from it. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpoundHire only the best.  @TonyStalloni Is this refreshing?

We have a organized crime group in and around the White House.  Meuller is doing his part to clean it up- I expect SDNY to do the rest. 

oh, and Trump may not be the ring leader.  I think he may be found in the  cold capital of Russia.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

We have a organized crime group in and around the White House.  Meuller is doing his part to clean it up- I expect SDNY to do the rest. 

oh, and Trump may not be the ring leader.  I think he may be found in the  cold capital of Russia.

trump is a stooge. ....in more ways than one. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-poligarchs-oligarchs-and-stooges-of-the-paradise-papers/amp

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpoundHire only the best.  @TonyStalloni Is this refreshing?

A Form You Hopefully Won’t Need: Notice of Apology to Judge

To understand just how far off the normal stupidity chart this is, be advised that this is the judge currently presiding over Stone’s criminal trial, and that she had just imposed a limited gag order on Friday that prevented Stone (and others) from making public statements that might tend to prejudice jurors or otherwise interfere with the administration of justice. Friday’s order didn’t apply to social media specifically, but you’d think Stone would have taken the hint. In fact, it looked briefly like he had. “I am pleased that the judge’s order leaves my first amendment right to defend myself in public intact,” Stone said in a text message Friday to the Washington Post. “I will of course continue to be judicious about my comments regarding the case.”

It is possible he doesn’t know that “judicious” means “having, exercising, or characterized by sound judgment,” at least in the kind of dictionaries normal people use.

• Plus1 1