DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

So, uh... buckle up.

I mean... Burr was just confirmed. And he's Trump's guy. And he's saying that Mueller is done already? And this is just weeks after Mueller acquired terabytes of data from Stone?

Eh...

but he wasn't going to interfere in the investigation .... or so he said.     I wonder how much  info Mueller is feeding to SDNY right now. 

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

WINK WINK WINK

I read an article (trying to find it now) but it said something to the effect of, if Barr redacts significant parts of the report or doesn't make it public, members of Congress can subpoena Mueller and Mueller could just read the report in its' entirety, thus making it public in an even more explicit manner. 

Edit:

FWIW

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/no-prevent-mueller-barr-trump-report/15346/

"Various House Democrats have already said that if Robert Mueller’s report isn’t made public, they’ll simply subpoena him to testify, and then they’ll essentially have him read his report into the record. This can all be done in front of live television cameras, with the exception of any classified aspects, so it could end up being even more devastating to Trump if Barr does try to suppress Mueller’s report."

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

So, uh... buckle up.

I mean... Burr was just confirmed. And he's Trump's guy. And he's saying that Mueller is done already? And this is just weeks after Mueller acquired terabytes of data from Stone?

Eh...

Strange how we have been hearing the it's coming soon line from Fox News, Trump's legal team, and now Trump new attorney general.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

I really have a bad feeling about this. I really think Barr will suppress any info damaging to Trump and we will never know the truth.

If Barr does do that, Congress could call Mueller in to testify and he could then open up about what was found.   There would be ways to get the information public if Barr suppress it.

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Pretty sad this is what it takes to get some transparency in Washington, but kudos to Schiff for actually making sure we're informed as public - you know, his job - instead of using his position to cover the president's behind.

If/when the House Intelligence Committee subpoenas Mueller for a public hearing and has him read his report out loud for the TV cameras, Trump's hair might literally catch on fire.