DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

9 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Politico got ahold of a copy of Cohen's opening statements from tomorrow:

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000169-2d31-dc75-affd-bfb99a790001

A few pieces of evidence about what we mostly already knew and a lot of hearsay. This wont move the needle, especially since the Rs will be going after his character instead of Trumps. This will be mainly about Cohens sins and not Trumps. 

27 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

A few pieces of evidence about what we mostly already knew and a lot of hearsay. This wont move the needle, especially since the Rs will be going after his character instead of Trumps. This will be mainly about Cohens sins and not Trumps. 

A few pieces of DIRECT evidence ... of POTUS committing crimes. 

Hearsay ... that may still be admissible. 

Rs will be going after his character instead of Trumps because they are spineless. Cohen's character versus Trump's, C'MON MAN.

This is about Trump's sins, no doubt about it.

And again, this is why voting matters. None of this would be happening had Paul Ryan been allowed to continue his cover-up.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'll be honest, if this is going to be his testimony, it's not earth-shaking. Yeah, it shows criminal activity on the part of Trump while in office, but we already knew or had reason to strongly suspect that this was the case vis a vis Stormy Daniels.

This won't move the needle on polls. This isn't Trump shooting a guy on 5th Avenue.

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep.  I agree.

This has the makings of being fairly anticlimactic.  

Therein lies the rub. This shameless Administration has tried to numb us to their illegalities, successfully it seems.

"YEAH, IT SHOWS CRIMINAL ACTIVITY ON THE PART OF [THE PRESIDENT] WHILE IN OFFICE, BUT..." 

BUT WHAT!?! Yes, we had reason to strongly suspect this was the case, but this is sworn testimony and documents! That's EVIDENCE, folks. If society is just going to shrug this off, because it isn't POTUS actually shooting someone, then they have completed their objective with all the other terrible sh*t they've done in the meantime to desensitize us to their incompetence, corruption, etc. (Even if he did shoot someone, I'm fully convinced that 33% base you see remaining in the polls would not change their minds. Deplorables, indeed.)

It's nothing that those of us who have been paying attention didn't already know, but there are a couple interesting things. 

• I assume Mueller has approved Coheb speaking about these issues publicly, or at least he hasn't stopped it. Though it appears some questions will be off limits.
  • If this is what little they are letting come to light, how much more do we have no idea about?
  • It adds more weight to any allegations that have leaked out and not been corrected by Mueller. We know know exactly why Mueller corrected the BuzzFeed article. It was a technicality, but the article was wrong. He hasn't done that for any other allegations that I can remember.
  • Cohen is one of the closest confidants of Trump for the past decade, if he has cracked who else will crumble?
  • Trump lawyers editing Cohen's testimony with knowingly false testimony; isn't this a felony? Will they be disbarred??? Who directed that?
  • Also my prediction of releasing the report in early February was way off so with that... Another prediction! :lol:

This is just the beginning...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, FrankWheeler said:

I can't get over how insane it is that Trump is leading the Christian base and they continue to stand behind him with all that is known.  It is incomprehensible.

Not all of us Christians.  But yes - it is a "10 Shekels and a Shirt" situation (google it - if you can't find it - let me know)  Selling of our eternal purpose in God, for a temporary stay at the political table.

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, QMany said:

Therein lies the rub. This shameless Administration has tried to numb us to their illegalities, successfully it seems. 

"YEAH, IT SHOWS CRIMINAL ACTIVITY ON THE PART OF [THE PRESIDENT] WHILE IN OFFICE, BUT..."  

BUT WHAT!?! Yes, we had reason to strongly suspect this was the case, but this is sworn testimony and documents! That's EVIDENCE, folks. If society is just going to shrug this off, because it isn't POTUS actually shooting someone, then they have completed their objective with all the other terrible sh*t they've done in the meantime to desensitize us to their incompetence, corruption, etc. (Even if he did shoot someone, I'm fully convinced that 33% base you see remaining in the polls would not change their minds. Deplorables, indeed.)

*I* am not shrugging that off. It's Congress that will.

I've written to my representatives for more than a year. Tens of thousands of others have, too. They do nothing.

The sad truth is, they have completed their objective. This testimony won't lead to change. Every single individual congressperson is going to have to be publicly exposed before they do anything. 

17 hours ago, knapplc said:

So, just before Cohen is going to testify, this brilliant gentleman steps up to the plate with this gem:

Screen shot, because I'm guessing this will be taken down soon:

5Ej2Ue8.png

In case you're not familiar with Mr. Gaetz:

Matthew Louis Gaetz II is the U.S. Representative for Florida's 1st congressional district since 2017, where he serves on the Budget, Armed Services, and Judiciary Committees. He is a member of the Republican Party.

What a A-....     I wonder if Congress can censor this guy.  I don't care what party or who the witness is or what their past consists of - this is uncalled for.  This guy isn't worthy of the seat he is sitting on and his violation of the heart of our bill of rights (this is nothing short of this) disqualifies him from the job of being a representative.  He doesn't represent a party, the president - he is there to represent the people of his district and the Constitution he is sworn to up hold. This cuts to the core of that pledge.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

*I* am not shrugging that off. It's Congress that will.

I've written to my representatives for more than a year. Tens of thousands of others have, too. They do nothing.

The sad truth is, they have completed their objective. This testimony won't lead to change. Every single individual congressperson is going to have to be publicly exposed before they do anything. 

Knapp - do you have a GOP reps primarily (house and senate) or a mix (not sure where you live).  Mine are all stanch GOPers - thus my voice falls on deaf ears. 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

What a A-....     I wonder if Congress can censor this guy.  I don't care what party or who the witness is or what their past consists of - this is uncalled for.  This guy isn't worthy of the seat he is sitting on and his violation of the heart of our bill of rights (this is nothing short of this) disqualifies him from the job of being a representative.  He doesn't represent a party, the president - he is there to represent the people of his district and the Constitution he is sworn to up hold. This cuts to the core of that pledge.

FYI if you have a min while watching the testimony this morning - you can file a complaint on any MOC for the Congressional Ethics Committee to investigate here:  https://oce.house.gov/contact-us/make-a-submission?fbclid=IwAR2wj4vXVKdivp1OTFPnINdpH7X4c2_xWFoSMdHmLrRuu7SNYdqwLNGIz8Y

Since we all read this statement in advance I think the most valuable part of the testimony will be the MOC questions, already Jim Jordan has shown himself to be a nervous hack.  Obviously he and Gaetz and others have some skin in the game here, will be interesting in the long run to see what comes out about them.  And now Russia is back on the table for questions, which should be interesting ...

48 minutes ago, QMany said:

Not sure why you're acting like you're upset at me.  I'm stating my opinion on if this will move the needle of his loyalist followers.  All I said was that this has the makings of not doing that.