DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Did Cohen just disclose something new?  I thought DOJ assured Trump that he wasn't under investigation?

Love the follow-up by the Republican stooge. Don't focus on the fact that the witness just claimed that the president is under investigation for criminal activity, worry about whether the witness is profiting from any of this.

And this statement by the Democrat... super, super true.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Good lord what does Trump have on these guys to make them so blindly put their own necks on the line?  

Cohen is appropriately fighting back with Jordan, Meadows and others and making them look so foolish.

There's a reason Cohen worked for Trump for as long as he did; he's good at this exact kind of exchange. 

I think the Republicans are right in asking about Cohen's lying and credibility.  And I love when he was asked about recording people, and Cohen said "I don't", then 30 seconds later said "I've recorded about 100 times", plus where's the hard evidence to impeach Trump?  I mean, isn't this the endgame for the Democrats?

3 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I think the Republicans are right in asking about Cohen's lying and credibility.  And I love when he was asked about recording people, and Cohen said "I don't", then 30 seconds later said "I've recorded about 100 times", plus where's the hard evidence to impeach Trump?  I mean, isn't this the endgame for the Democrats?

I remember this part and that is a severe mischaracterization on what happened. The congressman was asking Cohen if he had any recordings of Trump being racist and he said he didn't then the congressman asked well why not since you record everyone all of the time to which Cohen said I don't then he was asked about the number of times in which he had recorded people. It was a bizarre line of questioning that really got nowhere.

• Plus1 4
8 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

So, you believe that anyone who has ever been caught in a lie or deception can not be trusted with telling the truth.

Is that your opinion?

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Are you actually watching the hearing?