DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you believe that anyone who has ever been caught in a lie or deception can not be trusted with telling the truth.

Is that your opinion?

No.  But the level of scrutiny the Republicans face in the media?  There's no level of consistency.  If we are to hold some people to certain standards, but not others, that's what I don't agree with.

1 minute ago, NM11046 said:

Are you actually watching the hearing?

I am.  

How do you feel about the fact that not one R has questioned whether his testimony is true?  They're snowing you by talking about his past lies instead of acknowledging the issues and evidence that they're there to discuss today.  Don't fall for it.  They're yelling "squirrel".

Edit:  do you believe witness' in criminal trials?  Often they too are liars, convicted criminals - but when their testimony is verified with evidence they are still looked at as providing valuable evidence.

• Plus1 1

How do you feel about the fact that not one R has questioned whether his testimony is true?  They're snowing you by talking about his past lies instead of acknowledging the issues and evidence that they're there to discuss today.  Don't fall for it.  They're yelling "squirrel".

So everything Cohen says today actually happened? 

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

So everything Cohen says today actually happened? 

Not necessarily - but certainly the items he has brought as evidence that support his comments most likely did.  

And then why aren't the R's drilling down to what he is saying today to prove him wrong?  They're scared to go there.

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

No.  But the level of scrutiny the Republicans face in the media?  There's no level of consistency.  If we are to hold some people to certain standards, but not others, that's what I don't agree with.

I'm more than willing to say both Cohen and Trump are pieces of crap.  How do you feel about every single person that comes out of Trump's inner circle tells the same types of stories?

Cohen is definitely towards the top of the list of pieces of crap.  Do you put the generals and life time public servants who have said the same thing...at the same level?

• Plus1 2

Not necessarily - but certainly the items he has brought as evidence that support his comments most likely did.  

And then why aren't the R's drilling down to what he is saying today to prove him wrong?  They're scared to go there.

Honestly, at this point in this, I don't really know who to believe.  The thing is though: What's the goal of all of this?  Is it to impeach? Because if so, I don't think they have the evidence for that.

• Plus1 1

I didn't get to hear the testimony as it was happening just picked it up prior to the 1:30 central break.   Listing to a rerun during the break.

Amazing how he noted that Trump threatened his high school and college not to release his grades/scores.   I guess we already knew he wasn't very smart, devious but not smart but to threaten his schools while he was wanting Obama to produce his grades and birth cert. 

I like how he redefined himself and how he is apologizing for his past sins of supporting Trump.

1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

Honestly, at this point in this, I don't really know who to believe.  The thing is though: What's the goal of all of this?  Is it to impeach? Because if so, I don't think they have the evidence for that.

If what Cohen said today is true, they absolutely do. That's the crux of the argument, though: if what Cohen says is true. 

1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

Cohen names names in the Trump org. They are probably sh...... in their pants.  If they collaborate Cohen's story under oath - those will be nails in the coffin. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

That's a very good question.

Maybe, the American people need to see and be slapped in the face with the type of person they elected to the highest office in the nation.  MAYBE....they need to see what type of people he surrounds himself with for his personal business.  MAYBE....America needs a wakeup call and reexamine their priorities when voting people into office.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm more than willing to say both Cohen and Trump are pieces of crap.  How do you feel about every single person that comes out of Trump's inner circle tells the same types of stories?

I have a lot of thoughts about that, but I'm sure they aren't true.  I guess what it comes down for me is that this Russian collusion thing doesn't seem to have any real evidence, and that's what they've been hanging their hats on this whole time.

4 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

We only are hearing about 20% of what they have .... the closed door testimony has more that we won't hear soon, and then there are the criminal investigations ongoing in NY and etc.

Let me ask you Red - what would you consider an impeachable event or charge?  

38 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I have a lot of thoughts about that, but I'm sure they aren't true.  I guess what it comes down for me is that this Russian collusion thing doesn't seem to have any real evidence, and that's what they've been hanging their hats on this whole time.

You've already made this conclusion even though you haven't seen the report yet.

Question....what would you need to see to believe Trump should not be in office?

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Cohen is but one of many pieces in the impeachment puzzle. It's not simply a question of having enough evidence to impeach, it's also about the support/votes in Congress to convict, and the public support to push it in that direction.

The Cohen testimony is not checkmate, it is simply moving a knight from C3 to D5. There are still a lot of pieces and a lot of moves.

• Plus1 1