DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

15 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm listening to Cummings' remarks now.

The thing that is so utterly insane to me is how people can write off thing after thing that Trump does and decide they still support him.

When to me, there are probably hundreds of individual things he has done that makes him unfit to be president. Just the small bit where Cummings was talking about Trump calling Cohen a rat. How the f#&% is it possible that we have a president uttering those words publicly about a citizen and his approval rating is over 10%? Just that one f#&%ing example astounds me.

And it doesn't matter what his successes are, because there are dozens of others who could do the job without dragging the country through manure.

RAT= Mafia tactics --- says all you need to know about Trump.  He ran a business that operated like/as organized crime.  Cohen was his enforcer.  He (Trump) speaks the language because he's in the business.  As he terrorized vendors, customers, employees before, he now terrorizes our nation. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Mark Meadows' comments (and action before that) reminded me of a couple people I know who are White and have minority relatives. These 2 people happen to say more outlandish things about race than anyone else I know. I think for some, they think it gives them a shield to say things they otherwise would have just been thinking, as if the fact they have minority relatives makes them immune to being racist and immune to the accusation. I'm sure they feel they're not racist because they love the individuals in their family, and to them that means their thoughts/actions can't possibly be racist.

Meadows is the Rep for the city where my son lives.  My son is so frustrated with him as his rep in congress.   He like me is a dislodged former GOPer - sick of the current crop of betrayers.   

^^^ :yeahYes, I thought her questioning was very valuable in bringing the other culpable names out of the bushes.  Right now those said culpable names are out washing their underwear.  I believe they were set up nicely to be called upon to testify against the ring leader.  

I was also impressed by AOC's delivery and presentation of & handling of the 'facts' in the form of the type of questions she was asking.   And no, I'm not signing onto her Green Deal at this time.  But one can disagree on one issue while agreeing on another. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Jim Jordan:  "Michael Cohen is a liar and we can't believe a word he says."

Also Jim Jordan:  "You heard Michael Cohen's testimony.  There was no collusion between the Trump and Russia."

That is the way politics works - you can bend the facts anyway you want to in order to make it work.  I heard Jordan is coming out with a new pretzel snack food.  JJs Pretzels - "If you don't like the flavor on one side, flip it to the other side. YUM Dumb"

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

She single handedly set up several new subpeonas and potentially 2+ more crimes that can be investigated at state and federal levels.  Brava!

Yes this  insurance fraud situation could be a game changer plus the corresponding tax evasion.  - if we are thinking of the same 2 new crimes. 

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

I once saw Shaq at Mall of America and he shut down Camp Snoopy when we were planning on riding rides so him and his entourarage could have the whole park to themselves. I regret not running through his security and kicking him in the shins (I was a kid) :lol: Thats my celebrity regret story. 

I might have been there that day.   I'm not sure how often Shaq visited the MoA, but I went up there to watch a Lakers game, we spent a day in the mall, and he was there.   That same trip, we were in a Foot Locker downtown, and in walked Kevin Garnett.   He talked to the guy working the register for a minute, got a pair of shoes.  Looked around at the 6 of us staring at him in stunned awe.  He came over shook everyone's hand and told the guy behind the register that he was buying shoes for everyone in the store.  He hung out for another 5  minutes or so and then headed out. 

6 minutes ago, sho said:

I might have been there that day.   I'm not sure how often Shaq visited the MoA, but I went up there to watch a Lakers game, we spent a day in the mall, and he was there.   That same trip, we were in a Foot Locker downtown, and in walked Kevin Garnett.   He talked to the guy working the register for a minute, got a pair of shoes.  Looked around at the 6 of us staring at him in stunned awe.  He came over shook everyone's hand and told the guy behind the register that he was buying shoes for everyone in the store.  He hung out for another 5  minutes or so and then headed out. 

You win.

Another confirmation of Cohen's testimony.  This by Fordham Univ - confirming Trump's threat letter. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fordham-confirms-that-trump-team-threatened-the-school-if-his-grades-became-public-2019-02-27?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Cohen has given the House Oversight and Reform Committee a copy of his letter to Fordham. It was dated May 2015, about a month before Trump started his presidential campaign.

Fordham says the letter from Trump’s lawyer was preceded by a phone call from a campaign staffer. Fordham says it’s bound by federal law barring the release of student records.

Trump attended the Roman Catholic university in New York City for two years. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania.

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So I wonder how long before NYSD comes out with 'the Rest of the Story'.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-cohen-feds-trump-illegal-public-20190227-story.html

It will be interesting to watch (wish it wasn't in our country, but......) if Trump would be indicted after he serves his term(s).  Would a jury find him guilty?  If so, what does jail look like for a former President?  I can't believe I actually just typed this, but here we are.

• Plus1 2