DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Another confirmation of Cohen's testimony.  This by Fordham Univ - confirming Trump's threat letter. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fordham-confirms-that-trump-team-threatened-the-school-if-his-grades-became-public-2019-02-27?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

He went to a Roman Catholic University.

I wonder if that's where he met the 2 Corinthians.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/27/2019 at 4:31 PM, Decoy73 said:

Exactly. I’ve yet to meet one. 

I'm late to the party, but the person who said "open minded GOP voter" is just that. TG isn't the only one present either. It might not shine through in discussions like these, as defending the GOP on this is olympic-level mental gymnastics, but they do walk among us.

• Plus1 2

Just now, Moiraine said:

There are apparently seized text messages from Cohen saying he wanted a WH job.

But it’s still amusing seeing Republicans caring about someone lying.

If Cohen lied again, then by all means investigate it and prosecute him. But it also opens the door to which other statements he might have been telling the truth on - like Trump's taxes. I'm guessing this is a lot of bluster that the Repubs will let fade into the background.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

There are apparently seized text messages from Cohen saying he wanted a WH job.

But it’s still amusing seeing Republicans caring about someone lying.

It will be interesting to watch the lawyers parse words on this one.  "Yes, I 'wanted' a WH job.  But I never "pursued' a WH job...."

No matter the side a person my be "cheering" for, I wish we could all just agree that it is disgusting we are even in a place like this to begin with.  

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I keep getting back to the fact.....this is the type of people Trump chooses to surround himself with. 

For some reason, that pont gets lost. 

I think of that all the damn time.

Like, with Manafort for example. Trump, who bragged he'd hire "the best people" surrounded himself with people like Manafort and Flynn and Cohen. They are all lying losers, just like he is.

If we all pretend Trump didn't do anything wrong or illegal and never lied, he had Cohen as an employee for I think 12 years? In this made up world, Trump is still incompetent. He still supports Manafort and Flynn, oh and also Kim Jong Un and Putin. Even if we pretend he's 100% innocent of crimes, he's still been shown to be dumber than a doorknob. But when it comes to world leaders, it's all about ego and $. But I think he actually is dumb enough to think Kim Jong Un is telling him the truth about Warmbier and Putin is telling the truth about election meddling. His ego can't let him be wrong about anything, like meeting with Kim in the first place, and his ego can't handle anyone saying anything negative about the election he won.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I think of that all the damn time.

Like, with Manafort for example. Trump, who bragged he'd hire "the best people" surrounded himself with people like Manafort and Flynn and Cohen. They are all lying losers, just like he is.

If we all pretend Trump didn't do anything wrong or illegal and never lied, he had Cohen as an employee for I think 12 years? In this made up world, Trump is still incompetent. He still supports Manafort and Flynn, oh and also Kim Jong Un and Putin. Even if we pretend he's 100% innocent of crimes, he's still been shown to be dumber than a doorknob. But when it comes to world leaders, it's all about ego and $. But I think he actually is dumb enough to think Kim Jong Un is telling him the truth about Warmbier and Putin is telling the truth about election meddling. His ego can't let him be wrong about anything, like meeting with Kim in the first place, and his ego can't handle anyone saying anything negative about the election he won.

You are right Moiraine .  Pride comes before the fall.    If Cohen is correct, and I think he is, that Trump never envisioned himself as becoming the POTUS but that this was a 'bold move' to enhance his brand, then he and his ego set himself up for the greatest fall possible.  He is not qualified for the job, he is proving it each day, but being in the job has now exposed his weaknesses, his false bravado, his criminal activities, and shattered the image of him as a deal maker and as an excellent evaluator of talent.   

"Better to keep your mouth shut and thought of as dumb, then to open it and remove all doubt."  By seeking the presidency and now role playing it, he has removed all doubt and has exposed himself and his family to the investigations that have followed.  He is not a victim.  In time, I believe it will be shown that he is the ring leader, the 'mafia' boss of a criminal enterprise that defraud the govt, insurance companies, vendors and contributors to his foundation.   If Cohen is just 1/10th correct, Trump will have to face the music because of his over the top hubris & the specific criminal acts both current and past.  Unfortunately, because of his hubris and way tooo many voters who fell for it, the whole nation has to go through this and watch his dirty linen get exposed one sheet and one underwear at a time. 

Let me add: he's also defrauded students (Trump Univ - what a joke) and the American voter. 

• Plus1 5

Next up before Congress:  Big mouth Sean Hannity.     He said Cohen told him personally that Cohen made the Stormy Daniels payment on his own accord without Trump knowing or directing him to do so.  So now we have a contradiction.  Sean will have to testify under oath or walk back his comments.   Question: why would Trump feel obligated or be indebted to Cohen if Cohen did it all out of the goodness of his heart?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sean-hannity-may-blabbed-himself-101623386.html

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Next up before Congress:  Big mouth Sean Hannity.     He said Cohen told him personally that Cohen made the Stormy Daniels payment on his own accord without Trump knowing or directing him to do so.  So now we have a contradiction.  Sean will have to testify under oath or walk back his comments.   Question: why would Trump feel obligated or be indebted to Cohen if Cohen did it all out of the goodness of his heart?

Is that really a new contradiction? I thought that’s what Cohen was saying publicly before the FBI raid.

18 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Is that really a new contradiction? I thought that’s what Cohen was saying publicly before the FBI raid.

That was the party line before sh*t hit the fan. I believe Guiliani and Trump have both since admitted that wasn't the case.