DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This now goes to the Senate, where it is expected to gain swift approval.

BUT WAIT, WHAT IS THAT CLOUD ON THE HORIZON!?!?!

OMG IT'S LINDSAY GRAHAM!!!!

:facepalm:

Just give him what he wants. Really who cares? If it wasn't handled correctly then things need to be changed. If it was handled correctly we can all groan at the continued waste of tax payer dollars, and have another feather in our cap against the GOP.

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This now goes to the Senate, where it is expected to gain swift approval.

BUT WAIT, WHAT IS THAT CLOUD ON THE HORIZON!?!?!

OMG IT'S LINDSAY GRAHAM!!!!

:facepalm:

I was just talking to my girlfriend earlier about Graham and Cruz (who voted No on the motion disapproving the emergency declaration).

Are there more disappointing, utterly spineless embarrassments to actual principled conservatism than these two? During the 2016 primaries, they both CORRECTLY told us who Trump actually was. Go back and find the quotes - they were truthful and unsparing.

Then they realized they have to pretend he's some awesome conservative hero fighting the good fight and support him in order to keep their jobs.

They sold out. Period.

Meanwhile, in other disappointing 

conservative news, Nebraska's favorite son...

His pet issue is Congress giving too much power away to the president, for God's sake. :facepalm:

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I was just talking to my girlfriend earlier about Graham and Cruz (who voted No on the motion disapproving the emergency declaration).

Are there more disappointing, utterly spineless embarrassments to actual principled conservatism than these two? During the 2016 primaries, they both CORRECTLY told us who Trump actually was. Go back and find the quotes - they were truthful and unsparing.

Then they realized they have to pretend he's some awesome conservative hero fighting the good fight and support him in order to keep their jobs.

They sold out. Period.

His pet issue is Congress giving too much power away to the president, for God's sake. :facepalm:

Isn't it politically motivating to support something that violates your values only because it is politically damaging to the other party.... just saying Mr Cake and Eat too Senator.  I think Sasse has said some astute things in the past but this is ridiculous - is he up for re-election in 2020?   The pretzel shaped contortions these GOP Senators have to take to support their leader is mind blowing :blink:

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Isn't it politically motivating to support something that violates your values only because it is politically damaging to the other party.... just saying Mr Cake and Eat too Senator.  I think Sasse has said some astute things in the past but this is ridiculous - is he up for re-election in 2020?   The pretzel shaped contortions these GOP Senators have to take to support their leader is mind blowing :blink:

I don't need some convoluted explanation from him about how Democrats are bad and disingenuous and we need more debate and to be serious and yada yada...

Actions speak louder than words. Sasse is mostly a fraud, when push comes to shove on his values.

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

They sold out. Period.

I posted a photo here I took ofSasse selling Runzas at a Nebraska game. I regret not buying one then throwing it at his head. (Although I probably would have been heckled relentlessly and possibly arrested so not really).

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I posted a photo here I took ofSasse selling Runzas at a Nebraska game. I regret not buying one then throwing it at his head. (Although I probably would have been heckled relentlessly and possibly arrested so not really).

I think some of these members of Congress we're so #blessed to have representing us would probably function a bit better if they took a Runza fastball upside the head :lol:

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I think some of these members of Congress we're so #blessed to have representing us would probably function a bit better if they took a Runza fastball upside the head :lol:

throw a runza my way here in Tulsa. - time to eat some - I don't get them here!!

As usual, the only 2 conclusions that can be drawn are that Trump is dumber than a doorknob to have unknowingly surrounded himself with people doing foreign adversaries’ bidding and other s#!tty things, or he knew what they were up to.

Either way, he should be nowhere near the presidency.

• Plus1 3

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the Conway home.   George, the anti-Trump husband of Kellyanne   says Trump is suffering from 2 mental illlnesses and that it is getting worse.  I think the descriptions he provides are pretty self evident  - 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/434485-conways-husband-suggests-trump-has-narcissistic-personality-disorder

George Conway, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway’s husband and a frequent critic of President Trump, on Monday suggested that the president has at least two diagnosable personality disorders.

Conway, an attorney, shared an image of the cover of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and the pages for narcissistic personality disorder and antisocial personality disorder on Twitter.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not sure this actually fits in here or is a part of something seperate.

This raid has absolutely nothing to do about any Trump business.  Sounds like they are going after this guys just because he is associated with Trump.  They really need to go after the Podesta brothers who were knee deep in the weeds with Manafort not to mention Hillary and the illegal deeds of the Uranium One deal of selling 25% of OUR Uranium to RUSSIA.  I wonder how much the Clinton Foundation (SLUSH FUND) profited from that deal! Now there is your Russian Connection along with the unverified Dossier that she paid for that Christopher Steel was giving to the FBI to get a FISA warrant that's going to be putting a bunch of people in jail soon.  Soon the liberals will be putting their heads in the sand and Trump Derangement Syndrome will be up in full force!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Federal authorities raided the office of Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy last summer, seeking records related to his dealings with foreign officials and Trump administration associates, according to a sealed search warrant obtained by ProPublica.

Agents were authorized to use the megadonor’s hands and face to unlock any phones that required fingerprint or facial scans. 

The Washington Post reported in August that the Justice Department was investigating Broidy. The sealed warrant offers new details of federal authorities’ investigation of allegations that Broidy had attempted to cash in on his Trump White House connections in dealings with foreign officials. It also shows that the government took a more aggressive approach with the Trump ally than was previously known, entering his office and removing records — just as it did with Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen.

Broidy served as a major Trump campaign fundraiser and was the national deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee until he resigned in April 2018, when it was revealed he had agreed to secretly pay off a former Playboy model in exchange for her silence about their affair.

The search warrant cites three potential crimes that authorities are investigating: conspiracymoney laundering and violations of the law barring covert lobbying on behalf of foreign officials. To obtain a search warrant, authorities have to convince a judge that there’s a probable cause they will find evidence of those specific crimes.

Yup - NOTHING to do with Trump.  Nothing at all.  

• Plus1 5