DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

50 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Why use a CIA setup site called google that controls all information to reflect what they want it to say.  Also most polling is incorrect and is skewed to left in a very  large way.  It's the reason so many on the left still don't accept the fact that Trump won.  The polling reflected how bad the vote total were to be fudged in her favor, but Trump out preformed the fudging massively to the amazement of all in the left, that they though he cheated.  No the American Public is far more right leaning than you care to admit!

Welcome back, tfree!

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Welcome back, tfree!

For your info, I'm completely new to this site.  I've been on 247 and still post there, but moved over there when the Old Scout site merged.  No place there to talk politics and when I came over here for more football and basket ball stuff I found this board.  There is my history.  Hope I don't ruffle too many feathers, but I do have my opinions!  Who is tfree?  I'm not joking!

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You don't believe this information, yet when an Obama administration official gets caught up in this same probe, then its real. Your tribalism is showing.

I think your making an assumption there.  I highly doubt there will be any actual charges, this could be nothing more than an attempt to sway some people into believing in Mueller is fair and honest. 

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

What I do know is that they chose to do an article with incomplete information and also from sources that are questionable at best.  That leads me to think they are liberal, since that group would be the only ones to gain anything from an article like this.  Also the MSM likes to use that kind of made up trash to quote on their so called news shows!  It's the same way that Steel gave the Dossier to Yahoo news to report on so it would gain credit-ability!

You are wrong.  

The founders are affiliated with Brookings Institute.  Ben Wittes, Robert Chesney and Jack Goldsmith.  Wittes is a conservative, Chesney is a very well known, right leaning lawyer as is Goldsmith.  Contributors regularly include other staunch R's like Bill Kristol, Geoffrey Corn and other Federalist members.  These are your people, or at least who used to be what conservatives looked to.

They are experts - hard stop.  They are people who are and have been respected their entire careers as conservative contributors.  They are constitutionalists.

Perhaps you should look inward at your immediate instinct to label a publication or author as "liberal MSM" because the content doesn't line up with your opinion.  I'd think you'd actually benefit greatly from reading a conservatives' point of view of the current situation.  If you believe that any part of Lawfare is not respectable I challenge you to think that through.  These guys have all humbly looked in the mirror, and like many in the republican party found that what they see today is not what they are aligned to, nor what the constitution stands for.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

You are wrong.  

The founders are affiliated with Brookings Institute.  Ben Wittes, Robert Chesney and Jack Goldsmith.  Wittes is a conservative, Chesney is a very well known, right leaning lawyer as is Goldsmith.  Contributors regularly include other staunch R's like Bill Kristol, Geoffrey Corn and other Federalist members.  These are your people, or at least who used to be what conservatives looked to.

They are experts - hard stop.  They are people who are and have been respected their entire careers as conservative contributors.  They are constitutionalists.

Perhaps you should look inward at your immediate instinct to label a publication or author as "liberal MSM" because the content doesn't line up with your opinion.  I'd think you'd actually benefit greatly from reading a conservatives' point of view of the current situation.  If you believe that any part of Lawfare is not respectable I challenge you to think that through.  These guys have all humbly looked in the mirror, and like many in the republican party found that what they see today is not what they are aligned to, nor what the constitution stands for.

NM   as a conservative - I couldn't have said it better.:yeah    @MNBigRedNorth   - I'd encourage you to take a hard long look at your heart and your loyalties.  I was in your position not so very long ago.  All I listened to was talk radio & related opinion shows and news  and my opinions were bent in an unbalanced way.   Cultism begins when we throw out sound voices and sound reasoning from people who have a track record of conservative speech.  Read my thread about the cult of Trump and the original post in which I apply the traits of a religious cult to that of a political cult - it can happen to Dems as well - I thought we were going to have one wt Obama the way that started out (Ocean levels ceasing to rise, etc, etc).  Just because I can't stand Trump as a president - he is unfit on so many obvious levels, doesn't mean I disagree with all of his policies/positions - some I agree with and some I don't. However,  he is the wrong man to be pushing conservative policies and being the face of conservatism. He does not have the depth of knowledge or maturity to be its spokesperson and so he has co-opt the movement and made it (or trying to make it) after his own image - which is an adulterated version of conservative thoughts and policy.  Even more so, he has adulterated what it means to be a patriot and an American and by his personality issues alone is unfit to be the President of all Americans. 

• Plus1 5
17 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

The thing with Trump is its not just the collusion thing. There is hard evidence of breaking campaign finance laws. I'm sure there is plenty of evidence of tax fraud/evasion. There are a whole host of other issues to impeach 45 on. We have a crime boss in office, so it is to be expected there is more than one avenue.

To be clear, I don't think the Russia probe is a witch hunt either.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Because some people still need to wake up:

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team has indicted or gotten guilty pleas from 34 people and three companies that we know of — the latest being longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone.

That group is composed of six former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Seven of these people (including five of the six former Trump advisers) have pleaded guilty.

If you also count investigations that Mueller originated but then referred elsewhere in the Justice Department, you can add a plea deal from one more person to the list.

It’s a sprawling set of allegations, encompassing both election interference charges against overseas Russians, and various other crimes by American Trump advisers.

However, Mueller hasn’t yet alleged any crimes directly connecting the two — that is, alleging that Trump advisers conspired with Russian officials to impact the election. He is continuing to investigate that.

1) George Papadopoulos - pleaded guilty

2) Paul Manafort - convicted/struck a plea deal (which he later violated)

3) Rick Gates - struck a plea deal

4) Michael Flynn - pleaded guilty

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies - pending

21) Richard Pinedo - pleaded guilty

22) Alex van der Zwaan - pleaded guilty

23) Konstantin Kilimnik- pending

24-35) 12 Russian GRU officers- pending

36) Michael Cohen - pleaded guilty

37) Roger Stone - pending

These people are all criminals, or indicted as criminals. I don't care if that Steele Dossier came from a cracker jack box, the Mueller Investigation has brought justice and is definitively a good thing. 

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Because some people still need to wake up:

These people are all criminals, or indicted as criminals. I don't care if that Steele Dossier came from a cracker jack box, the Mueller Investigation has brought justice and is definitively a good thing. 

@MNBigRedNorth is Trump administration officials pleading guilty to federal charges fake news too? 

Edit: if I may pose a scenario, imagine all of the facts are the exact same, just put Clinton in place of Trump. What would you think of all of this in that context? 

4 hours ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

No!  I little place called the Conversative Treehouse, which has been spot on with just about all of this over time!

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-last-refuge/

Analysis / Bias

In review, The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse) reports news with a strong right wing bias with all stories favoring the right and denigrating the left. There is considerable use of loaded language in headlines such as this: Sketchy Business: Grassley Releases Original Ford Letter to Feinstein… Although this particular article is written well and utilizes sourcing, it ends in big bold letters LIES!, conveying strong support for Judge Kavanaugh without evidence. On the website they also list a blogroll of favorite/similar media sources that come straight from our right bias and questionable sources list. Here are a few examples: Gateway Pundit (questionable), Geller Report (questionable), Jihad Watch(questionable) and Truth Revolt (questionable).

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
53 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

@MNBigRedNorth is Trump administration officials pleading guilty to federal charges fake news too? 

Edit: if I may pose a scenario, imagine all of the facts are the exact same, just put Clinton in place of Trump. What would you think of all of this in that context? 

That isn’t possible for these people to answer truthfully, even to themselves. They can’t admit to themselves they would be foaming at the mouth if this was Clinton or Obama, because these same people foamed at the mouth over much smaller issues when it was about Clinton.

• Thanks 1