DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

23 minutes ago, QMany said:

Clinton did something dumb, and I’m fine with it having been investigated.

This is a lot worse.  It started 9 years later (that matters because it’s technology - I believe Clinton was in the 2nd White House that made heavy use of e-mail), he’s younger so I can’t compare him to my mom’s relationship with technology, he is fully aware of the investigation into Clinton, and as far as I know, Clinton wasn’t communicating with foreign leaders on her private e-mail server. (Correct me if I’m wrong).

There’s almost no way Russia and China haven’t hacked that phone and seen everything.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:41 AM, MNBigRedNorth said:

Did I say MSM, NO!  It just information that is publicly known.  Like from a proven liar Michael Cohen, the Democrat led Muller Team (I'm sure their not biased), and Adam Schiff.  This review is based on a bias due to where the info came from to begin with!  Law Fare is nothing more than a liberal leftist attorney site!  What a joke!

Quick heads-up: Robert Mueller is the lifelong Republican, decorated Marine and war hero, chosen by ultra-conservative Trump loyalist Jeff Sessions, precisely because Mueller's integrity was respected by everyone in Washington. 

Carry-on, wayward son......

• Thanks 4
23 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Quick heads-up: Robert Mueller is the lifelong Republican, decorated Marine and war hero, chosen by ultra-conservative Trump loyalist Jeff Sessions, precisely because Mueller's integrity was respected by everyone in Washington. 

Jeff Sessions? Who was that guy again? God it seems so long ago...

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

FYI, Rosenstein was the one who appointed Mueller since Sessions had recused himself from the matter.

Otherwise spot on.

What I find really interesting about the article I posted is Trumps language. He says Mueller is writing a report on him. The probe is into Russian interference in the 2016 election. That is what the report is about. Interesting that Donny is fixated on the report being about him. 

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

What I find really interesting about the article I posted is Trumps language. He says Mueller is writing a report on him. The probe is into Russian interference in the 2016 election. That is what the report is about. Interesting that Donny is fixated on the report being about him. 

I see what you're saying, but if Trump hadn't been elected there would never had been this investigation, so in a sense it is about his election and thus about him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

This it what I don't understand and actually makes be believe "there is a there there".

Trump could have easily, and quietly, announced support behind his intelligence agencies to look into possible Russian interference.  His announcement could have been something as simple as "Although there were no successful attempts to alter the the 2016 Presidential election, there were attempts.  I believe it is important to protect democracy that we evaluate the attempts and ensure that we are in a position to successfully defend our system again in future elections."

The investigation would have slipped back behind the scenes and possibly been out of the news all together until indictments happened.  Even then, Trump could call the indictments proof that our agencies are capable of finding justice and holding guilty people accountable.  If he is innocent, this would not blow up in his face.  However, if he did do "something", it would be a pretty big grand finale!

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

I see what you're saying, but if Trump hadn't been elected there would never had been this investigation, so in a sense it is about his election and thus about him.

Utter BS. Russia was messing with the elections regardless of how you feel and they were already looking into it prior to Trump even winning. There most definitely would have been an investigation if Clinton was president.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Again there is no there there.  

A formerly banned member, who also self-professed a need to proffer different political views in P&R, used to like to use that phrase, too.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:48 PM, Ric Flair said:

There is simply no THERE THERE.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This it what I don't understand and actually makes be believe "there is a there there".

Trump could have easily, and quietly, announced support behind his intelligence agencies to look into possible Russian interference.  His announcement could have been something as simple as "Although there were no successful attempts to alter the the 2016 Presidential election, there were attempts.  I believe it is important to protect democracy that we evaluate the attempts and ensure that we are in a position to successfully defend our system again in future elections."

The investigation would have slipped back behind the scenes and possibly been out of the news all together until indictments happened.  Even then, Trump could call the indictments proof that our agencies are capable of finding justice and holding guilty people accountable.  If he is innocent, this would not blow up in his face.  However, if he did do "something", it would be a pretty big grand finale!

Acting guilty isn't evidence of guilt in the court of law, but the court of public opinion is another matter entirely. Every time he makes this thing about him he hurts himself. 

11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Utter BS. Russia was messing with the elections regardless of how you feel and they were already looking into it prior to Trump even winning. There most definitely would have been an investigation if Clinton was president.

Correct.  To my understanding, the formation of independent counsel was to make sure Trump didn't stop the investigation.  

@MNBigRedNorth is probably right that Mueller wouldn't have been appointed.  But that says a lot more about what Congress and the DOJ thought about Trump's intentions to find out what happened, if anything.

• Plus1 2