DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

2 hours ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

He has said over and over again the only good deal is one that each party feels they won!  Just know that much of the MSM is in fact evil and doesn't have YOUR BEST INTEREST at heart.

I'd just posit this about this specific part of your post:

I made a very thoughtful post here asking you to consider that perhaps the president doesn't have your best interest at heart, either. I'd be curious to here your thoughts on that.

For all your distrust of the left and MSM and other assorted problems for America, you sure seem to blindly accept as fact that Trump is legitimately working hard to make your life better every day. Outside of the same old talking points, why do you feel that way? He demonstrably cares more about using his power for his own gain than helping those that believe in him.

It reminds me somewhat of the Biblical verse about the plank in your brother's eye and the speck in your own. Trump gets his supporters so whipped up against the media and the Democrats and illegals and the deep state and other perceived hostile enemies... they're so focused on fighting for their guy that they don't noticed the very man that they're out they're barking for is picking their own pockets.

It's highly disappointing that this is where we're at, but these types of folks are the reason his die-hards have been nicknamed Rube Nation.

It brings me back to a quote I absolutely love from Andrew Jackson that is highly relevant, with some tweaking:

"If you can convince the lowest white man Trump supporter he's better than the best colored man Democrat, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

• Plus1 5

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

A complete a$$h@!e we chose to lead us, who also constantly breaks the law, lies, insults, disrespects and disobeys every custom and rule of the office, and who apparently is just gonna get away with it all. 

Forgive me if this sounds a bit hyperbolic or overdramatic but this kind of disappointment is what makes people give up on democracy/due process. Easiest way to convince people to give up their freedom is to demonstrate that they have no power.

"Rules for thee but not for me."

Take a look at how we prosecute relatively minor crimes against poor people and people of color, particularly drug offenses. Then compare how we police white collar crime.

Trump, and for that matter, any Republican can do pretty much anything they want. Short of a rock solid case that results in indictment, ala Flynn or Manafort or Chris Collins of NY, political deliberation on the matter will be stonewalled. A Republican Senate will not impeach Republican. Mitch McConnell will not allow it, even if it's what's best for the country, because it's bad for Republicans.

Our two-party system isn't going away, but I'm slowly becoming more amenable to the argument it's corrupting and toxic for our democracy since it so strongly incentivizes doing what's right for your team.

• Plus1 3

since the report totally clears donnie he will immediately release it to congress and the public....right?   or will he and barr block the release or only release a heavily redacted part of the report?   they say it's 1.000,000 pages long....hope they release all of it for review.

I'd like for Barr to be a legitimately non-partisan straight shooter and good faith operator. A true non-political career justice official.

But he's only ever worked for Republican administrations. His public policy views are decidedly conservative and thus unpalatable to me.

I'm curious... what is his motivation to write anything but a peachy assessment of Mueller's findings that paints the GOP president in the best possible light? We got very scant details out of his summary, other than to say what Mueller found did not rise to the level of criminal prosecution by the DOJ.

(Edit: I should add Barr does have a history of publicly criticizing the investigation itself, which bears mentioning.)

That is not to say the president and his men are faultless or unimpeachable. The latter is a political, not a criminal, mechanism.

Barr will definitely be under a microscope. If he did write a summary to deliberately suppress bad information - I hope that's not the case - we should find out soon. .enough.

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

"Rules for thee but not for me."

Take a look at how we prosecute relatively minor crimes against poor people and people of color, particularly drug offenses. Then compare how we police white collar crime.

Trump, and for that matter, any Republican can do pretty much anything they want. Short of a rock solid case that results in indictment, ala Flynn or Manafort or Chris Collins of NY< political deliberation on the matter will be stonewalled. A Republican Senate will not impeach Republican. Mitch McConnell will not allow it, even if it's what's best for the country, because it's bad for Republicans.

Our two-party system isn't going away, but I'm slowly becoming more amenable to the argument it's corrupting and toxic for our democracy since it so strongly incentivizes doing what's right for your team.

Are you including Hillary, and all the illegal stuff the FBI and DOJ did in that white collar crime argument?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, commando said:

since the report totally clears donnie he will immediately release it to congress and the public....right?   or will he and barr block the release or only release a heavily redacted part of the report?   they say it's 1.000,000 pages long....hope they release all of it for review.

President Trump said as much the other day.  Barr has the final say and no one else has a word in the matter.

1 hour ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

President Trump said as much the other day.  Barr has the final say and no one else has a word in the matter.

and barr was hired for the job  because he said the meuller investigation was illegal.   :shrug:

4 hours ago, commando said:

you want us to read stuff from your far right wing echo chamber and accept that as the truth?    i won't even open that garbage link.

Well with all the personal messages of encouragement I have received today from people on this board, I beg to differ with you there.  There are some out there that will be reading the truth from this article. It's for them.  It won't hurt anyone to read it. So don't read it.  I'm fine with that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Well with all the personal messages of encouragement I have received today from people on this board, I beg to differ with you there.  There are some out there that will be reading the truth from this article. It's for them.  It won't hurt anyone to read it. So don't read it.  I'm fine with that.

that is essentially what you say whenever someone posts anything that refutes your view.   i remember you saying things like the "cia controlled" snopes and politifacts sights were not worth reading and you ignored them.   so i threw that attitude right back at you.

4 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

and that sight only post positive stuff for republicans and consistently denigrates the dems.   i look for something more balanced than that.    if you want to spend your time in a safe place echo chamber you are welcome to

23 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Well it was illegal it was based on a fake Dossier used to get a Fisa Warrant that should never had been issued.  This a well know fact. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/07/22/lindsey_graham_carter_page_fisa_warrant_based_on_garbage.html

wasn't it the nunes memo that proved that there was already a fisa warrant issued before there was a dossier?

• Plus1 1