DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 minute ago, commando said:

you cherry picked the 1 poll that you liked.   

there were many other polls like most people thinking the investigation was fair

5005.png

Even after it has concluded nearly half the country believes that it's too soon to say if the investigation was conducted fairly? It's almost like all of us are waiting to see what it contains. At least no one is making any rash conclusions without seeing the details.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

I actually found the twitter post and posted that.  All I had to do to find the article was goggle the title and it was their. Still the fact of this poll remains, people say we should move on!

i did a yahoo search and it didn't come up.   but still.....where does any of that say most of the country think we should move on?   40% of the country say it's to soon to tell.  i think it's to soon to tell especially since it appeared that barr was hired based on trump thinking barr would obstruct for him.   

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, commando said:

i did a yahoo search and it didn't come up.   but still.....where does any of that say most of the country think we should move on?   40% of the country say it's to soon to tell.  i think it's to soon to tell especially since it appeared that barr was hired based on trump thinking barr would obstruct for him.   

Well there's your problem :D

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's the problem with most MAGA people.  They think everything leads back to Hillary.  It doesn't.  I bet if you took a poll on here, most people don't like Hillary.

God willing the 2016 election wasn't unique to Hilary.  There is absolutely no grievance listed against Trump that the Clintons didn't do worse. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

God willing the 2016 election wasn't unique to Hilary.  There is absolutely no grievance listed against Trump that the Clintons didn't do worse. 

If I steal a million dollars can I get off on the defense that OJ did worse? 

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

An yet the same people so appalled by the Clintons hold up Donald Trump as a Great Man, demanding that we not be so petty and partisan in our judgement.

Funny, that.

We could try to parse the severity of grievances between the Clinton's and Trump. Just remember that in the 4 year-long Starr Investigation Bill Clinton literally had to give blood, and the entire unredacted report was released to the public within 48 hours. Since Whitewater had already been settled, the entirety of the Republican's expensive and exhaustive investigation yielded a clear case of improper sexual relations, the only legality being President Clinton trying to deny them under oath.

Or what Donald Trump would simply call "Tuesday."

It's weird, because an extensive New York Times investigation last fall, built on 50 years of conventional wisdom in New York financial circles, came up with more than enough evidence to investigate Donald Trump on the kind of financial fraud and tax evasion that sends you directly to jail, not merely the court of public opinion. 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

which of the hundreds of republican led investigations convicted the clintons? there were 33 investigations and congressional hearings on jsut benghazi.   biggest fault they found was that budget cuts (led by republicans) led to understaffing of the embassy security details.   and some spin that hilary could have done more.   maybe she could have boarded a jet and flown over there and rode her velociraptor and carried some m-16's into battle and saved the embassy like donald would have done?

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It's silly to compare the ethical violations of the two parties, as if one is better than the other. 

But I'm going to do it anyway. 

53820958_2504991439545823_1749334123756912640_n.png

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's silly to compare the ethical violations of the two parties, as if one is better than the other. 

But I'm going to do it anyway. 

53820958_2504991439545823_1749334123756912640_n.png

You said ethical violations and then posted a meme of criminal prosecutions.  It was pointed out that every Republican president gets investigated by a special counsel since there have been one.  Not some, all of them.  The reason is obvious.  Washington DC is an overwhelmingly Democratic town, people trying to get the Rs are in every building.  That's why the Obama DOJ could qualify as a criminal enterprise but no one policed the police.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
40 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You said ethical violations and then posted a meme of criminal prosecutions.  It was pointed out that every Republican president gets investigated by a special counsel since there have been one.  Not some, all of them.  The reason is obvious.  Washington DC is an overwhelmingly Democratic town, people trying to get the Rs are in every building.  That's why the Obama DOJ could qualify as a criminal enterprise but no one policed the police.

i am old enough to  remember all the investigations of hillary during the obama years.  and the clinton years were full of investigations.   they found out bill got a hummer.   remember that?  and carter?  he wasn't crooked.  he may have been a goofball but he was anything but dishonest.

a far right wing source saying that the meuller investigation didn't start with the dossier and carter page?    would any trump fans believe it?   jump to the 2 minute part of the interview to hear the relevant part..but the whole segment is worth watching to get what he is responding to.