DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

16 hours ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Well just like a true leftist you take your opinion and run with it.  They are all liberal to me no matter what.  So our opinions don't match, WOW!!!  Why don't you prove with evidence that they are what you say they are.  Heck your the one worried about it not me!

You made a claim and I've asked you repeatedly to back it up with evidence. You cannot or will not. I haven't made a claim, so there's nothing for me to provide evidence for.

• Plus1 1

What is it that journalists do, if not expose that which the powerful do not want exposed? I understand that the charges made public today deal with an alleged computer hacking conspiracy, but this arrest seems uncomfortably close to being political retribution directed at a publisher. Are we to abide by the rule that journalists are to report only information that was provided willingly? If so, is there any reason to have journalists at all?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, khaake said:

What is it that journalists do, if not expose that which the powerful do not want exposed? I understand that the charges made public today deal with an alleged computer hacking conspiracy, but this arrest seems uncomfortably close to being political retribution directed at a publisher. Are we to abide by the rule that journalists are to report only information that was provided willingly? If so, is there any reason to have journalists at all?

moot point.  trump is going too pardon him anyway so no problems.

5 minutes ago, khaake said:

Assange is less a journalist and more a pawn of illiberal autocrats.

3 hours ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

5Hqq2gk.jpgMake no mistake this thing goes all the way to Obama!

I find it sadly hilarious that people think the mainstream media and Deep State are making up lies to frame Donald Trump.

Has there ever been a more unfiltered President in history?

If you want to know why Donald Trump is a danger to everything he touches, you can go straight to his public record. The verifiable financial history, the litany of lawsuits, the recorded public utterances, the spontaneous tweets, and his own autobiography. The media didn't make this s#!t up. If anything, it gave him far too much free publicity.

What Donald Trump faces are the direct consequences of everything he's said and done.

It's the conspiracy of a narcissist who prizes loyalty but trusts no one. 

• Plus1 6
9 minutes ago, commando said:

spy is another term that fits

What is it, in your opinion, that differentiates Wikileaks from the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Washington Times, etc.? Are those who run traditional newspapers also spies in your book?

26 minutes ago, khaake said:

Well said.

This is really awkward territory for setting or following precedent. Daniel Ellsberg looked like a hero. Julian Assange looks like a worm. But they walk a similar line. 

I remember loving WikiLeaks when they exposed people who held dirty secrets. But perhaps I can't pick and choose my outrage and retribution. 

• Plus1 3
18 minutes ago, khaake said:

What is it, in your opinion, that differentiates Wikileaks from the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Washington Times, etc.? Are those who run traditional newspapers also spies in your book?

when they dump secrets of how our IC does business it crosses over to spy territory.   

3 minutes ago, commando said:

when they dump secrets of how our IC does business it crosses over to spy territory.   

Do you feel the journalists and the publications they work for were also in spy territory when they published the contents of these dumps? Also, in general should it be illegal for any journalist to publish articles about how the IC does business - i.e. should the IC be unquestionably treated as being above the law, and above being criticized? 

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, khaake said:

I am uncomfortable with “journalists” getting information by committing crimes and not having to worry about getting into trouble. 

Should the omaha world Harold be able to hack into your financial records on your computer and publish them?

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, khaake said:

Do you feel the journalists and the publications they work for were also in spy territory when they published the contents of these dumps? Also, in general should it be illegal for any journalist to publish articles about how the IC does business - i.e. should the IC be unquestionably treated as being above the law?

point of law i am not equipped to deal with...but when i read wikileaks describing how our IC went about the spy business and exposing some of our spies to danger i know they went to far.

10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well said.

This is really awkward territory for setting or following precedent. Daniel Ellsberg looked like a hero. Julian Assange looks like a worm. But they walk a similar line. 

I remember loving WikiLeaks when they exposed people who held dirty secrets. But perhaps I can't pick and choose my outrage and retribution. 

It is awkward. People have various reasons for hating Assange, but I'm worried about the potential long term ramifications of this action. Eventually more info will come out, though.

34 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I find it sadly hilarious that people think the mainstream media and Deep State are making up lies to frame Donald Trump.

Has there ever been a more unfiltered President in history?

If you want to know why Donald Trump is a danger to everything he touches, you can go straight to his public record. The verifiable financial history, the litany of lawsuits, the recorded public utterances, the spontaneous tweets, and his own autobiography. The media didn't make this s#!t up. If anything, it gave him far too much free publicity.

What Donald Trump faces are the direct consequences of everything he's said and done.

It's the conspiracy of a narcissist who prizes loyalty but trusts no one. 

Well then tell if that can't prove one thing that they say, and it's not a fact, what the heck is it.  To me it's a lie.  A dreamed up story told over and over is not a fact!

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am uncomfortable with “journalists” getting information by committing crimes and not having to worry about getting into trouble. 

Should the omaha world Harold be able to hack into your financial records on your computer and publish them?

I think this is the best take. Airing dirty laundry isn't a crime, but how you obtain that dirty laundry better not be either.