DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

This is the most hilarious and pathetic contortion to make Trump out to be anything other than a s#!tty snake oil salesman. 

Trump also said that Mexico would pay for it by check. But I'm sure he just was being REALLY SNEAKY and meant something we couldn't understand like a symbolic check in 15 years time.

Did you actually think Mexico would cut a check?

2 hours ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Well that's your opinion and hey I'm fine with that,  I just don't see it, when comparing what our country went through with Obama.  In retrospect, I'm not real happy with Bush either at this point.  Although 911 happened of which I don't fault him for that, I wish he would have just gone all out and cleaned that hen house out completely and not left the void of power.  The after math of War is always the most costly part. (Not to down play the lose of life fighting the war.) It was the filling the power void and rebuilding lives and nations and the half a$$ way that was done!  Hey I know Trump is rough around the edges and he's not afraid to duke it out, but you know what, I kind of like it.  Why the heck do our leaders have to lead in the old paradigm of the corrupt PC world.  

Donald Trump is terrified to duke it out.

He talks like a bully, backs down like a coward, and claims victory like a child.

He's also a germaphobe who faints at the sight of blood. True story.

What's not to love? 

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

He literally sent out a campaign memo that said he would threaten to ban Westwrn Union transfers to Mexico until they made a payment for the wall.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

And we figuratively understood that Trump was the option who would take a hard line on stopping illegal immigration.  You know like building a wall, doing a end run around Congress, and doing what he could to stop it; to the detriment of those profiting off the status quo (Mexico and now Central America). 

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Did you actually think Mexico would cut a check?

No, of course not. I know that Trump says stuff that isn't true and that he doesn't mean all the time. It's his supporters that take him at his word, until he says something completely opposite of what he said before and then they have to backtrack and pretend like he didn't really mean the thing he said before.

22 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

And we figuratively understood that Trump was the option who would take a hard line on stopping illegal immigration.  You know like building a wall, doing a end run around Congress, and doing what he could to stop it; to the detriment of those profiting off the status quo (Mexico and now Central America). 

First of all weird that you had a figurative understanding in response to a literal non-figurative memo. Second of all, Trump hasn't done jack s#!t on..... any of those problems. So good job being wrong I guess.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

No, of course not. I know that Trump says stuff that isn't true and that he doesn't mean all the time. It's his supporters that take him at his word, until he says something completely opposite of what he said before and then they have to backtrack and pretend like he didn't really mean the thing he said before.

Which is hilarious because they say he tells it like it is.

32 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That pesky Constitution....

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Which is hilarious because they say he tells it like it is.

Trump: Global warming is a hoax perpetrated by the chinese!

Trump Supporters: Global warming is a hoax perpetrated by the chinese!

Trump: I never said global warming is a chinese hoax

Supporters: He's never said that.

Trump: Global warming is probably real it seems like there's probably something going on there

Critics: Okay but Trump literally said it was a hoax perpetrated by the chinese

Supporters: lol please you didn't REALLY think that he actually meant that did you?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, Landlord said:

Trump: Global warming is a hoax perpetrated by the chinese!

Trump Supporters: Global warming is a hoax perpetrated by the chinese!

Trump: I never said global warming is a chinese hoax

Supporters: He's never said that.

Trump: Global warming is probably real it seems like there's probably something going on there

Critics: Okay but Trump literally said it was a hoax perpetrated by the chinese

Supporters: lol please you didn't REALLY think that he actually meant that did you?

There is truly a "Trump Derangement Syndrome", but I think it is poorly diagnosed....

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You realize that Mexico is sovereign and Trump and all his supporters knew it right?

So, his supporters knew he was lying?  

Interesting, everyone else did too....we just had different feelings about his lies. 

What happened to “telling it like it is”?

was he talking figuratively when he said nobody in his campaign worked with Russia?

• Plus1 2