DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

On 4/13/2019 at 8:31 AM, Moiraine said:

Nunes hasn’t told anyone (other than Republicans I suppose) who the referrals are for. And he says Comey spied on Trump by taking notes on their encounter and leaking it to the NYT.

in school my teachers would get upset if i wasn't taking notes....err...i mean spying on them.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The objective measures all say that USA is better now then before Trump.  Even the sector's that have a pathological hatred of all things Trump are prospering under his watch.

That's an incredibly subjective statement that doesn't mean anything. What measures? Measures of what? Who measured them? Define better? That's a Pre-K type of statement.

Is the increase in hate crimes better than before?

Are the soybean farmers doing better than before?

Is it better that our president has historically awful approval ratings than before?

Our world reputation certainly isn't better than it was before Trump.

The erosion of trust in media and institutions doesn't seem to be better.

The increased number of people working in and with the White House who are criminals doesn't seem to be better.

The environment is doing worse.

• Plus1 3

Most trends during Trump's presidency are continuations of what started when Obama took office. There are dozens of other people who could have taken office and kept up those trends, but not simultaneously tear down our alliances, build up our enemies, embolden racists and sexists, balloon our deficit as a Republican when that's supposedly what they're concerned about, etc.

No rational person would think that Trump is good president or uniquely capable of the job just for continuing trends that were already happening under the previous president. He's also done a s#!t ton of damaging things he didn't need to do. He's made it so big companies are more free to hurt/ruin/kill people and yet there's nothing economically to show for allowing it yet.

7 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

So your argument is that even though Democrats don't support those things now, they will in the future because it would benefit them? That's pretty weak, IMO. It seems like you're arguing against what you're afraid the Democratic Party is or will become rather than what it actually is.

If you haven't noticed, we already utilize socialized medicine via Medicare/Medicaid and it works great. Re: invasions of privacy, who passed the Patriot Act?

Illegal immigrants don't vote, so please don't join the hordes of paranoid Republicans clamoring about voter fraud and busfuls of illegals.

Objectively the U.S. improves under all presidents. It's just a matter of what metrics for success you choose and who that makes winners and losers. For instance, very little of what Trump has done has substantively improved my life, and consequently I'm not going to vote for him next year.

It is a fact that Pelosi and other major democrats said it is unfair that illegal immigrants cannot vote.  It is a fact that San Francisco recently allowed illegals to vote in municipal elections.  It's technically an inference to note that Ds want to add 10+ million new D voters among non-citizens, but so obvious for lack of counter arguments. 

The rest of you will have to show your work.  If unemployment, inflation, energy prices, terrorism, will objectively on the rise then CNN etc would be blasting it 24/7.  I saw some muted CNN in a public place this weekend.  Mostly they 'report' on an articles in the Atlantic/Vox etc. as way of burning their time on Trump bashing editorials.  And Lolbama.  Most Presidents have a chasm between their campaign and their actual record but Obama was particularly prone to say the opposite of what he did on most of the major issues. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It is a fact that Pelosi and other major democrats said it is unfair that illegal immigrants cannot vote.  It is a fact that San Francisco recently allowed illegals to vote in municipal elections.  It's technically an inference to note that Ds want to add 10+ million new D voters among non-citizens, but so obvious for lack of counter arguments. 

The rest of you will have to show your work.  If unemployment, inflation, energy prices, terrorism, will objectively on the rise then CNN etc would be blasting it 24/7.  I saw some muted CNN in a public place this weekend.  Mostly they 'report' on an articles in the Atlantic/Vox etc. as way of burning their time on Trump bashing editorials.  And Lolbama.  Most Presidents have a chasm between their campaign and their actual record but Obama was particularly prone to say the opposite of what he did on most of the major issues. 

Can you tell me what the trend was for illegal crossings and deportations for the 10 years before Trump took office?

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Is that really true?

7 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

So you want me to believe Tom White (the author of this) over a website that is a not for profit made up of numerous journalists (who started it in a Republican state of Florida) who research FACTS and publish their findings.

Sorry buddy, just because Tom White says it's slanted left doesn't make it so.  Interestingly enough, he links to an article that gives supposed proof that is no longer available which is dubious anyway.  You might want to check your sources for what you believe...remember that anyone can create a page on the internet and claim anything.

In fact, if I were to look at two other political figures on the other side of the aisle (Hilary and Obama) I find that they hold them to the same standard...they tell the people when they lie and they tell the people when they don't fulfill their promises;

Obama Profile with plenty of his lying:  https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/

Hillary Clinton Profile with plenty of her lyging:  https://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/

uoOc9UB.png

Above interactive chart can be found here:  https://infogram.com/1pe62y09k2qkkkump277ep2yvrbl3w9wr12

So here's the deal...Obama made more promises which is why in that chart his bars are higher.  This means that around 35 of the 506 promises that Obama made were broken.  We look at Trump and ONLY 18 of the 105 he made were broken!!

And you're claiming they are false and leftist and don't know what they're talking about?  Show me some kind of proof other than some neckbeard named Tom White who claims a bunch of things and links to a defunct website as his 'proof'.

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I haven't typed the list in years but I recall Obama's serial flips included surveillance (ha), Iraq, gas prices, healthcare, deficit, and gay marriage. To be fair his greatest achievement was realizing he needed to leave Bush's security protocols in place.

What you recall is terrible sourcing. Try the link above that uses actual facts and references to show how much Obama did or did not keep his promises. The facts say he followed through for the most part. 

• Plus1 3
On 4/12/2019 at 4:34 PM, BlitzFirst said:

Interestingly enough, this is true.

I was in a cult.  I escaped. 

Also interestingly enough, check this out which is soon to be released and is a book authored by the premiere authority in the US on Cults, Steven Hassan:

zMr5OtT.png

I won't link to it but you can search for it on Amazon.  It's due out on August 9.  It was this guys' understanding of cults and one of his other books that made me get out of the one I was in.  So, you trump supporters might want to buy it and see if it makes any sense...find out both sides of the debate and not stay one sided and ignorant.

Did you happen to see my thread devoted to The Cult of Trump?  I list 10 cult defining factors that make Trump's campaign and following - cult like.   I, too, in my college days came very close to betting into a cult that started in Sioux Falls and ended up in Florida.  Some of my good college friends ended up in Florida wt the cult.

16 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Fact: San Francisco allowed the following:

Noncitizens, including those without legal status, will be allowed to vote only in a school board race and just a little more than 40 have registered to vote so far.

Personally, I have no problem with them voting a school board election, as citizen or not, if they have kids, they have a vested stake in who guides the local education system. But moreover, it's one local election in an area presumably far away from you - why do you care? They can't vote in other local elections nor federal elections.

The rest of this post seems a lot like your opinion.

• Plus1 2
On 4/9/2019 at 9:16 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Why do I have the feeling this is going to be so redacted that you're basically going to be able to read the title.....then about 400 pages of black lines?

Soooooo.....On April 9th, it was reported that Barr claimed the report would be released "within a week".  That week would be tomorrow.  

Tick...tick...tick......:snacks::dunno

On 4/14/2019 at 4:42 AM, Notre Dame Joe said:

Just like they don't support illegal voting, socialized medicine, gun registration, higher taxes, invasions of privacy etc. until they do.

Following this line of thinking we can assume that Republicans in the near future will:

Let every industry self-regulate like what is proposed with pork.
Reduce the corporate tax rate to 0%.
Kick everyone off health insurance that doesn't turn a profit.

• Plus1 2