DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

2 minutes ago, commando said:

he hasn't read the report...too damn long for the donald to read....but they have already prepared their counter to the report so i guess his team has seen it already

Oh...yeah.  It doesn't matter what the report says or the proof that's in it.  The Donald will come out swinging at about 9:34am Thursday morning.

11 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I heard Obama talking on NPR.  I didn't think it was controversial because he was just admitting what most conservatives could smell in 2010. Are you saying Im a liar?

I wouldn't say you're a liar. I'd just say you throw out a lot of tired horses#!t that you can't back up.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 2

Soo......thinking about how tomorrow is going to go after Barr drops the report.  I'm assuming Mueller's summaries of the different sections of the report will be included.  Anyone who is a credible source on what is in the report is going to take the time to read at least those summaries.  

So, let's say Barr drops the report at 9:00am.  How soon do you think actual credible reports are going to come out about what's in it?  Understand that if he drops it at 9:00, there will be people at 9:02 claiming they know what's in it and proclaiming the HUGE news to the world.  For which, those people are going to be nothing but propaganda mouth pieces for one side or the other.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Landlord said:

Well until you can provide a link that actually backs up your claim, I'm saying that you're either wrong or you're a liar.

33 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I wouldn't say you're a liar. I'd just say you throw out a lot of tired horses#!t that you can't back up.

I lost track of what the objection is.  A quick search turned up plenty of leftists, including Bernie, saying the same thing; that Obamacare was a stepping stone to whatever you call government controlled hc.

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Soo......thinking about how tomorrow is going to go after Barr drops the report.  I'm assuming Mueller's summaries of the different sections of the report will be included.  Anyone who is a credible source on what is in the report is going to take the time to read at least those summaries.  

So, let's say Barr drops the report at 9:00am.  How soon do you think actual credible reports are going to come out about what's in it?  Understand that if he drops it at 9:00, there will be people at 9:02 claiming they know what's in it and proclaiming the HUGE news to the world.  For which, those people are going to be nothing but propaganda mouth pieces for one side or the other.

BIG groundshaking moments never happen when the sides have had many months to prep their soundbytes.  It's already known that some parts of the report have to be redacted and Ds will save face by claiming the proof is out there. 

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Don't they sometimes give advanced copies to the media? I would imagine if they don't receive anything in advance it will be 30 minutes to an hour before we began to understand the meat of the report. I have to imagine that they will have teams of journalist analysing each section and piecing the story together.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm not going to pretend I have any idea what the Mueller Report will confirm or deny.

I'm just certain that this is never going to end. 

This is where I'm at.  Barr has already made clear the DOJ won't pursue any charges, I can't picture any scenario where that would change.

That means this is just going to be a political football that is going to be thrown around for at least the next 18 months, and probably much longer.  I also though the insanity around Benghazi and emails would go away after Hillary lost.....ooops!

Edited by funhusker

I am just so sick about how all this is being handled.  Barr has been prepping Trumps team and lawyers for weeks on this roll out.  He's already been messaging and they'll come out  with handpicked comments that supposedly come from the report.  The fact that the "press conference" is taking place before the report is shared with anybody (Congress gets it at 11 or 12 and they're not going to share with the press in advance of sharing it with Congress is nuts) guarantees no questions.  I'm betting Barr says at the presser that this is the last time he talks about the report.  The fact that neither Muller or one member of his team will be at this roll out is telling.

Criminals all of them.  Right before our eyes this country is being sold to foreign influence and people who have ZERO intent of doing anything for the people of this country.  Sickening.

We. Need. Patriotic. Leakers.     NOW.

• Plus1 2

On 4/16/2019 at 10:33 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Of course you don't recall. That was my point. 

In fact, upon taking office Obama immediately reassured the financial community by appointing Goldman Sach execs and Wall Street bluebloods to run the economy. He bailed out the banks and when it came time to enact fiscal reform in the wake of the disaster, Obama played it right down the middle with measures that sounded good but had no teeth. Obama grumbled about the Bush tax cuts, but did not fight the Republicans when it came time to renew them. Single Payer Healthcare was left. The Affordable Care Act was dead center, a proposal that had been approved by both Republicans and the health care industry for decades. His Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland was hailed as a non-controversial moderate --- Garland was John Roberts highly respected mentor and would have sailed through any other Congress in our history.  Find any environment or civil rights initiative from Obama, and I'll find you something equivalent from the Reagan administration. 

Obama never stopped fighting a drone war on terrorists. It was low-profile but highly successful, and sometimes horrific when bombs strayed into unsuspecting wedding parties. Obama violated Pakistan air space and a corrupt Pakistani government to kill Osama bin Laden and dump his body in the ocean, a move that should have had conservatives dancing in the streets. As you mentioned, Obama also kept a lot of the Bush administration's security measures in place, including our controversial international rendition programs. Some of this quietly vexed liberals. Progressives never considered Obama one of them. Hillary Clinton was even more centrist and hawkish, but perhaps that's another story. 

So it's no surprise that you have the idea of Obama's "disciples" all wrong. The hard left is Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the Green New Deal, Medicaid for All, and Free College Tuition. Attack those ideas all you want. Just know that far more Americans support them then either party wants to admit. Obama always had a chance to go "hard left" and never did. Not even close. Hence no hard left disciples. Even in the safety of private life he has avoided endorsing the progressive wing. His preferred successor, Joe Biden, is moderation with a free shoulder massage. 

In case you hadn't noticed, DNC leadership is circling the wagons and trying to protect their turf from their own left wing. Obama remains the standard because of his centrist appeal.

20 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If I go to the trouble of proving you wrong, in detail and across the board, the least you could do is say thanks.

57 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I am just so sick about how all this is being handled.  Barr has been prepping Trumps team and lawyers for weeks on this roll out.  He's already been messaging and they'll come out  with handpicked comments that supposedly come from the report.  The fact that the "press conference" is taking place before the report is shared with anybody (Congress gets it at 11 or 12 and they're not going to share with the press in advance of sharing it with Congress is nuts) guarantees no questions.  I'm betting Barr says at the presser that this is the last time he talks about the report.  The fact that neither Muller or one member of his team will be at this roll out is telling.

Criminals all of them.  Right before our eyes this country is being sold to foreign influence and people who have ZERO intent of doing anything for the people of this country.  Sickening.

We. Need. Patriotic. Leakers.     NOW.

So Clapper can spy on them, Yates can unmask them and Comey can leak them to the press?  Sure if it gets a special counsel of Republicans lawyer team to investigate the Obama administration.