DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Don't be fooled by the Presidents lawyers claiming Trump is vindicated. Early findings from the report do not state that to be the case.

The reaction from Trump and his supporters feels expected. Without a clear "he did it" and an indictment, that means "innocent" in their eyes.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Man, pages 4 through 9 were pretty explosive and I haven't gotten any further. Trumps campaign and Russia have alot of links and contact, something we already thought, but now is confirmed. Not enough evidence for Mueller to charge with a federal crime, but I don't think the actions described in that section of the report are acceptable by POTUS. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The reaction from Trump and his supporters feels expected. Without a clear "he did it" and an indictment, that means "innocent" in their eyes.

Without a doubt. It will be interesting to see how Trump and his base react when this doesn't get let go. They are expecting this to be the end, but after reading a few pages I think this is just the beginning.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

That's how they'll spin it, but that is clearly not Mueller's conclusion.  This line would kill any other presidency, any other presidential candidate.  Trump's cult-like following just glides right over this, and will continue to do so. It's bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Man, pages 4 through 9 were pretty explosive and I haven't gotten any further. Trumps campaign and Russia have alot of links and contact, something we already thought, but now is confirmed. Not enough evidence for Mueller to charge with a federal crime, but I don't think the actions described in that section of the report are acceptable by POTUS. 

And, I think this is a very valid point.

• Plus1 3

^^^ My biggest problem with this administration is it's chock full of liars. Obviously Don Jr. lied about that meeting. But his dad helped him craft the lies.

It isn't just normal political dishonesty and getting liberal (no pun intended) with the facts. It's like the most blatant, perpetual, credibility-destroying lies, on all matter of things big and small. This presidency started with a lie about inauguration crowd size.

If they're all horrible liars, not much else matters. If you can't trust an administration or the president leading it, what good are they?

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to christen Barr "Dimestore John Goodman." He's certainly earned Ricketts-level disrespect from me.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Without a doubt. It will be interesting to see how Trump and his base react when this doesn't get let go. They are expecting this to be the end, but after reading a few pages I think this is just the beginning. 

Trump and his allies benefit if they're able to successfully make this a dichotomous outcome: Either they colluded with Russia or they did nothing wrong.

Only simple people believe life happens in black and white, however. There are a lot of different shades and nuances to reality.

Come to think of it, the way Trump pitches a lot of his political ideas is black and white, too. "Build that wall or crime rules all," "Repeal the ACA or you get horrible socialized medicine," "Tear children away from their families and terrorize them or they'll all just keep coming." "No oversight can be done on me or it's presidential harassment by angry Democrats." I could keep going.

If you ever wonder why, refer back to the bit about simple people.

• Plus1 4

"...we recognized that a federal criminal accusation against a sitting President would place burdens on the President's capacity to govern and potentially preempt constitutional process for addressing presidential misconduct."

Um, isn't that why we have a Vice President?

• Plus1 2