DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

7 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trump and his allies benefit if they're able to successfully make this a dichotomous outcome: Either they colluded with Russia or they did nothing wrong.

Only simple people believe life happens in black and white, however. There are a lot of different shades and nuances to reality.

Come to think of it, the way Trump pitches a lot of his political ideas are black and white, too. "Build that wall or crime rules all," "Repeal the ACA or you get horrible socialized medicine," "Tear children away from their families and terrorize them or they'll all just keep coming." "No oversight can be done on me or it's presidential harassment by angry Democrats." I could keep going.

If you ever wonder why, refer back to the bit about simple people.

Unfortunately for him I think the number of people that simple is dwindling. It's hard to follow when he keeps flip flopping on this report. Does it vindicate him or is it an angry dem witch hunt? At the moment it vindicates him but by the end of the day I'm sure the narrative from the White House will shift, because it will have to. Too much in the report to just ignore. Sadly though there will still be supporters screaming bloody murder, but hopefully less of them.

Have fun reading the report.  No Collusion and No Obstruction according to people far smarter than us!  But I know Our Very Special and Honorable POTUS will be tarred and feathered for the 1000th time by people that think they know more than the Special Council Robert Mueller and his 12 angry Democrat Lawyers.  Boy what a hideous bunch of non partisan people to conduct an investigation that has any sense of fairness and objectivity to it.  I guess if you think he obstructed justice, I think he defended himself against a coup attempt by the special council!  Now defending one's self is called obstruction of Justice.  But seriously have a good day, because it will be fun watching!  Don't ask for comments from me, since this is all I'm going to say on the matter!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Have fun reading the report.  No Collusion and No Obstruction according to people far smarter than us!  But I know Our Very Special and Honorable POTUS will be tarred and feathered for the 1000th time by people that think they know more than the Special Council Robert Mueller and his 12 angry Democrat Lawyers.  Boy what a hideous bunch of non partisan people to conduct an investigation that has any sense of fairness and objectivity to it.  I guess if you think he obstructed justice, I think he defended himself against a coup attempt by the special council!  Now defending one's self is called obstruction of Justice.  But seriously have a good day, because it will be fun watching!  Don't ask for comments from me, since this is all I'm going to say on the matter!

So was he vindicated by the report or was it an unfair partisan coup? 

• Plus1 4

Twitter is crazy right now. It is obvious that the Trump and GOP strategy is to get the echo chamber going with "No Collusion and No Obstruction" as loudly as possible, when the report itself does not appear to support that. We are a country divided into two different realities.

• Plus1 3
Just now, khaake said:

Twitter is crazy right now. It is obvious that the Trump and GOP strategy is to get the echo chamber going with "No Collusion and No Obstruction" as loudly as possible, when the report itself does not not seem support that. We are a country divided into two different realities.

Come on....that strategy would never work.

9 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Have fun reading the report.  No Collusion and No Obstruction according to people far smarter than us!

There's a difference between innocent, and not guilty. I encourage you to look up the distinction.

9 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

But I know Our Very Special and Honorable POTUS will be tarred and feathered for the 1000th time by people that think they know more than the Special Council Robert Mueller and his 12 angry Democrat Lawyers. 

So you're saying that Mueller and his team's finding are reliable, yet Mueller and his team are... unreliable? 

12 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Boy what a hideous bunch of non partisan people to conduct an investigation that has any sense of fairness and objectivity to it.  

Huh?

12 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

I guess if you think he obstructed justice, I think he defended himself against a coup attempt by the special council!  Now defending one's self is called obstruction of Justice. 

Why would he try to shut down an investigation (10 times apparently) if he was innocent?