DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

How did my fav blogger do today?

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/04/on-your-mark-get-set-mueller-report/

I may be too generous in thinking they will wait two minutes. We all know that the articles already are drafted, in multiple versions, most of which focus on this hot take:

BREAKING — MUELLER REPORT REVEALS KEY DETAILS LEFT OUT OF BARR SUMMARY

Well of course, by definition a four-page summary of conclusions leaves out details from a 400-page report. That’s why it’s called a summary.

Here’s another pre-written hot take:

BREAKING — MUELLER REPORT WILL FEED CALLS FOR IMPEACHMENT INVESTIGATION

Well of course. You know what else feeds Democrat calls for an impeachment investigation? The sun rising and setting.

BREAKING — MUELLER REPORT HEAVILY REDACTED, RAISING ISSUES OF TRANSPARENCY

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, QMany said:

How about Sarah Huckabee Sanders straight up fabricating FBI sources, lying to the press, and then having to admit under both it was all BS? She should resign or be fired immediately. 

telling lies doesn't get you fired in this administration.   

11 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Friendly reminder that no special counsel has shared findings of a report with the subject prior to sharing it with the governmental body that ordered the investigation.  In fact Clinton's admin asked for an hour advance notice that it was coming out and Starr refused.

Friendly reminder Starr was working under a law Congress chose not to keep.

8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

That is certainly Trump's version of the matter.

But the fact that perhaps Mueller is an apolitical lifelong Republican and those who comprised his team were selected not with regard for their partisan leanings but their expertise at their jobs. In fact, any time anyone working on that team (Think Strzok or Page or even McCabe, who was merely at the FBI) even gave the apperance of bias, they were summarily dismissed to maintain objectivity.

I realize the fact that this was an objective, non-partisan investigation full of competent professionals and not a deep-state coup is inconvenient for the president and his men.

Curious, too, that you know what's actually in the report. Unless you're just taking Trump's word for it at face value, which I wouldn't recommend - he's not a very trustworthy source, honestly.

that word does not mean what you think it means. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

The redactions in one image. As damaging as this report is to Trump, there's more. Lots more.

mvwIUHq.jpg

Looking forward to an AI Robot's report on predicted collusion 

47 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Time to put this thread to bed!  Mueller Blockade is now over. Fake investigations by committee members will not delay what is about to be unleashed. Spying on a sitting POTUS is now on full on!  Jail Bar Barr will eventually get to the bottom of this corruption of first spying on a campaign and then on a sitting POTUS!  

If only.

31 minutes ago, Fru said:

eeMfEg8zIw33JmMFi4e77cehzqANvszTybbptu5n6PY.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=2d2c263c967035936e11dba80e1dccdb8bbd10f1

You're right. The report does speak for itself. 

Maybe pay particular attention to the part that says "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment." 

If I have confidence after . . . that you did not kill 5 hookers last night I will so state.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If only.

If I have confidence after . . . that you did not kill 5 hookers last night I will so state.

Take off those rose colored glasses and just read the report and come back and tell us our President has acted appropriately in good concious.

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

All I know is after what we have seen today, this thing is far from over. Trump supporters better get used to the fact that this thing is not going away.

the thing is the base and the republicans don't care that trump lies, cheats, and steals.   he is immune with mcconnel leading the senate.  he could shoot someone in broad daylight and get away with it.  he is above the law and that's the way his base likes it.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, commando said:

telling lies doesn't get you fired in this administration.   

That's just it. 

there is not now, nor has there ever been, any punishment in trumpworld for not telling the truth. Lies are but a tool that are used as means to an end.

That's obviously extended into his presidency, as well as extending to anyone who needs to lie if it benefits him.

Trump is a pathological liar who's never actually been held accountable for his lies.

• Plus1 2

Just now, commando said:

the thing is the base and the republicans don't care that trump lies, cheats, and steals.   he is immune with mcconnel leading the senate.  he could shoot someone in broad daylight and get away with it.  he is above the law and that's the way his base likes it.

Thats fine if they want to play it that way, but the whole "its dead lets get over it and move on" ain't happening. This will be talked about daily until Trump is no longer President, whether that is him being removed or being elected out. This issue is not going to just blow over. They can whine and complain all they want about letting the President do his job and 'you just hate Mr. Trump' yadayadayada. What Trump has done is at best completely unethical and at worst is treasonous. It's not just going to go away. If anything, the fire around the presidency has gotten 1000° hotter. The maga crowd thought we were unfair to Trump before? Its about to be much worse.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If only.

So....you haven’t read any of the excerpts either. 

Interesting.