DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

11 hours ago, commando said:

that letter is a big slap in the face to Barr also

8 hours ago, NM11046 said:

FAR bigger to Barr imo. 

Oh, of course.  The letter is a huge slap in the face to Barr.  Hennessey's comment was towards the comment that the list was put together by an "anti-Trump group".

• 2 weeks later...

What a clown show. The White House press corps was just called to a surprise event in the Rose Garden. No word on what it was for.

When they get there, they see this nonsense. It's the kind of messaging you'd use for kindergartners.

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2019 at 8:51 AM, Danny Bateman said:

You learn a lot about people by how far out (and on which matters) they're willing to stick their neck to defend Trump.

In fairness, we've entered a binary state that isn't entirely about Trump. Most of the horrible things being done under his watch have been approved and even proposed by the GOP, and many would have been pursued (minus the Tweets) by President Rubio or Cruz. 

Since Trump is now the face of the GOP, anything said against him gives comfort and aid to the enemy: Dems and libtards. The Republican enablers and apologists may be privately discomforted, but it's a war and they've chosen their side. 

Or to put it another way: they could speak their conscience, maybe even support a McMullin or Weld or Kasich challenge, but if they had to bet their power on it, they will probably lose. Sooner rather than later. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

What a clown show. The White House press corps was just called to a surprise event in the Rose Garden. No word on what it was for.

When they get there, they see this nonsense. It's the kind of messaging you'd use for kindergartners.

It was about Trump backing out of the infrastructure meeting wt the Dems.  He said he wouldn't conduct the 'people's business' (my words) while the Dems threw the "I" (impeachment) word around. So he was doing one of his tantrums again :cry:cry

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/22/trump-hosts-democratic-leaders-at-white-house-infrastructure-talks.html

According to a White House official who spoke to CNBC on condition of anonymity, the meeting in the Cabinet room lasted only about seven minutes. Trump effectively said to the visiting Democrats that he wanted to do infrastructure, ”‘but you’re focused on investigating. When you’re done we can talk. Meeting over,’” Trump said, and then he left, the official said.

“I knew the president was not serious about infrastructure and would find a way out,” Pelosi said to her Democratic colleagues after Trump’s exit, according to a Democratic aide who spoke to NBC News.

It appeared as though Trump’s abrupt walkout had been planned in advance, given that the White House had prepared a sign to adorn the presidential lectern, and handouts that were given to reporters following the Rose Garden statement.

Speaking to journalists at the Capitol shortly afterward, Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said there had been “high drama in the Cabinet room. We were all invited, Democratic leaders, for the follow-up meeting on infrastructure, everyone showed up, sat in their chairs, the president walked in the room and announced he was not going to go forward with the meeting, he was cancelling it.”

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

These Republicans who cover for Trump are all the same---

RECORD SCRATCH

All the same except this one guy. He has no influence. He said this days ago and all he has gotten from his party is attacks. So while its nice that we have 1 Republican who knows how to read and took the time to do so, it doesn't really mean much unless he can get others to the same which he hasn't been able to. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

All the same except this one guy. He has no influence. He said this days ago and all he has gotten from his party is attacks. So while its nice that we have 1 Republican who knows how to read and took the time to do so, it doesn't really mean much unless he can get others to the same which he hasn't been able to. 

Evan McMullin is another. And while they're on the outside looking in of Republican power, at least they're speaking out. Amash is unequivocal in his denunciation of Trump.

• Plus1 3

San Fran Nan questions the fitness of Trump have his implosion earlier this week - walking out of the infrastructure meeting:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sanders-insane-talk-infrastructure-pelosi-remark-135120541--politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi openly questioned President Donald Trump's fitness for office Thursday, suggesting a family or staff "intervention" after a dramatic blow-up at a White House meeting the previous day.

Both the Republican president and Democratic leaders dug in a day after Trump stalked out of the Cabinet Room demanding an end to congressional investigations before he would work with Congress on crumbling U.S. infrastructure and other matters. By Thursday as Congress prepared to recess for the Memorial Day break, both sides were questioning each other's stability, with the president insisting on Twitter that he was calm when he left the White House meeting that was to focus on infrastructure spending.

Pelosi said Trump has established a pattern of unpredictability and at one point even joked about the Constitution's provision laying out the procedure for replacing a president.

"I wish that his family or his administration or his staff would have an intervention for the good of the country," Pelosi said at her weekly news conference, adding again that she prays for him and the nation.

"Maybe he wants to take a leave of absence," she said. Asked whether she's concerned about Trump's well-being, she replied, "I am."

• Thanks 1

She's just goading him. The reason she won't impeach him is she thinks the Dems have a better chance of winning the White House if he stays, but acts like a psycho over the next several months. She needs to put party behind country and do what the constitution requires of her.

• Plus1 3
39 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Evan McMullin is another. And while they're on the outside looking in of Republican power, at least they're speaking out. Amash is unequivocal in his denunciation of Trump.

McMullin isn't a congressman. There are plenty of Trump critics from the right but not nearly enough of them are in Congress. Its good Amash and others are speaking out but when the rest of the right continues to defend Trump, these critiques fall on deaf ears. Instead of swaying the view on the right, the Trump critics end up getting thrown in a group with the rest of the libtards. I guess I'm just getting frustrated by the blindness on the right. It won't go away anytime soon but I wish they would at least read the dang report.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

DOH!  Can't believe I wrote that. You're right.

Haha it happens and I think he is doing great work with StandUpRepublic. With everything I said I do really respect Amash for being genuine. It's not nothing that he is speaking out and what he has said on the issue is absolutely true. Just hope it can do more than get him some attaboys from us. 

• Plus1 1