DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

There is no border crisis. This is a distraction being fed to people so they don't spend all their time wondering why Russia meddled in our 2016 & 2018 elections and Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump won't do anything about it.

UAE8HbP.jpg

This sums up the mind of the liberal better than I could have.  We know Russian meddling amounted to facebook trolls that did not alter the election.  We know there are hordes of people illegally entering the US.  But to get a label like 'crisis' it has to go against the interest of the Left wing party.  

Here's a thought experiment, how would you feel about an armada of Russians landing on the Atlantic coast and reading the same few sentences requesting asylum?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

This sums up the mind of the liberal better than I could have.  We know Russian meddling amounted to facebook trolls that did not alter the election.  We know there are hordes of people illegally entering the US.  But to get a label like 'crisis' it has to go against the interest of the Left wing party.  

Here's a thought experiment, how would you feel about an armada of Russians landing on the Atlantic coast and reading the same few sentences requesting asylum?

The fact that you would even attempt to equate the two is astonishing!

• Plus1 2
On 6/4/2019 at 4:29 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

Landlord brought up gerrymandering to support the theory that Rs are less democratic than the Democrats. I showed it that carries no water.

It's surreal living in a border state to here people deep in the middle say there is no border crisis.  Every hour the not too partisan local news reports another story from the migrants.  Sexual assault, disease, unsupervised children etc are all the known side effects of allowing a mass migration of the 2nd world trying to get into the 1st.  And the Ds have done whatever is necessary to prevent a solution knowing every truck means more future bloc voters for the next 50 years.

Sexual assault, disease, unsupervised children etc are all the known side effects of allowing a mass migration of the 2nd world trying to get into the 1st. 

You are incorrect.  There is zero evidence that crimes by immigrants are high, or that areas that they reside are experiencing more crime.  In fact study after study proves that they commit less violent crime than citizens.

You can dislike them coming over for whatever personal reason, but it's just that.  They're not voting illegally, they're not increasing crime or disease ... blah blah blah.   I've attached some articles, but I know reading isn't something you do - so there are some pictures for you as well.

https://www.cato.org/blog/illegal-immigrants-crime-assessing-evidence

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/19/two-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/?utm_term=.a29ee7595aeb

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/02/crime-immigration-city-migrants-refugees-state-of-the-union/582001/

https://oxfordre.com/criminology/view/10.1093/acrefore/9780190264079.001.0001/acrefore-9780190264079-e-93

https://www.businessinsider.com/undocumented-aliens-violent-crime-murder-statistics-data-2018-8

424948091_ScreenShot2019-06-05at7_15_48PM.png.509777fd07962952f9cc6ae79426df18.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 7.16.22 PM.png

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I don’t think you know what a horde is, there is no evidence that illegal immigrants are voting, and Russians move to the U.S. all the time. I work with some. I’ve had professors from Russia. I’ve eaten dinner at Russians’ houses. I don’t automatically think a large % of them are going to murder, rape, cause diseases, influence elections or spy for Russia, because that would make me a moron. I wouldn’t be much more bothered if it was poor Russians coming here, but we have more reason to suspect Russians of illicit activities based on what their government has done in the past and what Mexico’s hasn’t.

And a lot of the people you’re talking to aren’t liberals. They’re just able to discern facts rather than be duped by fairytales meant to rile up the easily manipulated.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

We know there are hordes of people illegally entering the US. 

No we don't know that. Stop lying, Joe. There is no evidence of this, and immigration is trending way down over the last 20 years.

Even still, the biggest amount of people here illegally are people who overstayed their VISAs. Not people crossing the border.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Here's a question... Pardon my French buy wtf is the point of putting tariffs on Mexico for not doing more about illegal immigration when we can't even do anything ourselves? Riddle me that.

Well  Riddler, you got Batman on that one:o:dunno  

Holy Hole in a Doughnut! Batman

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

Here's a question... Pardon my French buy wtf is the point of putting tariffs on Mexico for not doing more about illegal immigration when we can't even do anything ourselves? Riddle me that.

Again, I thought we were building a wall that was going to stop all of this and Mexico was going to cut the check. What happened to that plan?

14 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Well they are paying for the wall in the way of tarifs - that the american people will have to pay don't cha' know Nebfanatic.   

Exactly. The tarriffs are just a way to dupe his base into paying for a wall that will never get finished while thinking mexico is paying for it

• Fire 1