DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

49 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I feel like you know nothing about history. There's such a thing as being wrongfully imprisoned, or worse, by a corrupt/tyrannical government. That isn't happening yet, but I would not feel safe if I were these people, even if innocent. Best case scenario this is just an attempt to distract and win an election, but it's corrupt to use the DOJ for that.

Or you know, some Senator name McCarthy...

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Not the topic on hand, but more corruption from the right - hopefully justice prevails. 

Why Burr and not Loeffler? Could it be because Burr headed the Intel committee that determined Russia is messing in our elections recently? Burr deserves to go down but just interesting to me Loeffler isn't getting cuffed as well 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Then Mr Schmidt won't mind when Trump shines the light into the hole.  I mean, there aren't any rats who will be scared right?

Manafort moved to house arrest

this is pretty much the same as Trump asking Zelensky to investigate Biden and you ate that up too. Fishing expeditions are best left for fishermen 

• Plus1 2

37 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Why Burr and not Loeffler? Could it be because Burr headed the Intel committee that determined Russia is messing in our elections recently? Burr deserves to go down but just interesting to me Loeffler isn't getting cuffed as well 

No idea, maybe more evidence on Burr that lead to the warrant? I'm happy to see anyone that does this s#!t go down, regardless of political affiliation. Hopefully Loeffler's day is coming. 

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

this is pretty much the same as Trump asking Zelensky to investigate Biden and you ate that up too. Fishing expeditions are best left for fishermen 

And if fishing expeditions are OK... why would anyone have a problem with looking into Trump's Russia involvement? Or Flynn?

And why is Trump accusing Obama of doing something wrong while President when Trump is insisting he can't be prosecuted for anything he's done the last four years?

The double-standards are bonkers, but the most bonkerish thing is the people who continue to support Trump through all of it.

• Plus1 4
13 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

No idea, maybe more evidence on Burr that lead to the warrant? I'm happy to see anyone that does this s#!t go down, regardless of political affiliation. Hopefully Loeffler's day is coming. 

I'm a bit more cynical than you are. I'm thinking Burr only got hemmed up because he was on the wrong side of the Russia situation. Again, he deserves to see justice, but there has been a pattern of those who go against what Trump wants getting the focus of the DOJ. Why was Parnas arrested and Guiliani still walks free? 

• Plus1 1