DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

5 hours ago, ZRod said:

At this point you're absolutely disgusting with your blind allegiance. If you had ever actually bothered reading the Mueller report or the the Intelligence Committees report on Russian Interference you would know that the lies you spew are pure, unpatriotic, fascit bulls#!t. The saddest part is you would rather support those most terrible people (who by the way have never failed to show you their true greedy, pu&&y grabbing colors), than to support your own country who is in danger of being damaged by a foreign power, yet again.

I'm blindly loyal to the terrible people that spied on their political opponents, lied to a court, used deep state plants to attempt to depose the legitimately elected president.  Are you?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
47 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I'm blindly loyal to the terrible people that spied on their political opponents, lied to a court, used deep state plants to attempt to depose the legitimately elected president.  Are you?

Pass what you smoking and don't forget to pull that tinfoil hat a little tighter.

99% of everything you say in this forum is verifiably false. I honestly feel sorry for you at this point.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Remember, Chris Wray runs the FBI, not Barr. Republicans are getting annoyed with Wray for not bending to their whims. Technically he is a subordinate to both Barr and Trump but I do not think he'd allow the FBI to be used corruptly like that and would probably resign before fulfilling a corrupt order from either of them.

Isn't his boss actually Grenell?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Isn't his boss actually Grenell?

Huh. That's a good point that I overlooked. You're right.

Point stands, though. I don't think Wray is similar to him or Barr or Trump and if they try to make him into a patsy I feel like he'd raise alarm bells and/or resign without doing their bidding.

5 hours ago, commando said:

what do the trumpinati think about the burr situation?    he isn't i trouble for the insider stock trading.   that is just the excuse.

EX-5WAfVcAAc75l?format=jpg&name=large

That quid pro quo would be very believable under the Obama-Biden justice department.  They might send FBI agents to talk to him under false pretenses trying to set perjury traps.  However Barr doesn't appear to operate that way and there is little chance a request for a search warrant went through without his knowledge and approval.  

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That quid pro quo would be very believable under the Obama-Biden justice department.  They might send FBI agents to talk to him under false pretenses trying to set perjury traps.  However Barr doesn't appear to operate that way and there is little chance a request for a search warrant went through without his knowledge and approval.  

110% projection.

• Plus1 4
4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I'm assuming you are referring to Flynn and his charges for lying to the FBI. What part of Flynn's false testimony isn't relevant to what the FBI was questioning him about? A perjury trap is usually acceptable so long as the subject is being questioned about a relevant topic. If it wasn't acceptable practice, it would by default, condone perjury. That's why "Pleading the 5th" is a protected right. He didn't need to lie, he chose to, then admitted to doing it when he plead guilty to it.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I'm assuming you are referring to Flynn and his charges for lying to the FBI. What part of Flynn's false testimony isn't relevant to what the FBI was questioning him about? A perjury trap is usually acceptable so long as the subject is being questioned about a relevant topic. If it wasn't acceptable practice, it would by default, condone perjury. That's why "Pleading the 5th" is a protected right. He didn't need to lie, he chose to, then admitted to doing it when he plead guilty to it.

Flynn was an intelligence officer giving out information on a need to know basis.  These agents didn't need to know.  Of course they deceived him about why they were there, which is inapplicable to the current administration. Your second problem is there was no there there, they already knew Flynn and the rest had not colluded with foreigners.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Flynn was an intelligence officer giving out information on a need to know basis.  These agents didn't need to know.  Of course they deceived him about why they were there, which is inapplicable to the current administration. Your second problem is there was no there there, they already knew Flynn and the rest had not colluded with foreigners.

Let's not rewrite history, shall we? Flynn lied about acting as a foreign agent while not working for the US government. He was conducting foreign relations for the Trump team before 2017, and that is illegal. Flynn did not need to lie about that, but chose to, admitted to lying, and was appropriately sentenced.

• Plus1 4

The below is a good thread on the topic

Thread: Yes, Burr is a criminal, but so is Trump and the rest of the GOP. So why is Burr the one getting busted? Burr is head of the Senate Intel Committee that just released a report confirming Russia interfered to help Trump and is working on another explosive report.

Let’s back up because this is not the first time we’ve seen DOJ/FBI target one criminal (Burr) and not about (Loeffler) when Trump happens to want to make one disappear. Remember when Parnas got arrested at a convenient time for Trump and his co-conspirator Giuliani skated?

Thread: Silencing Parnas (A Timeline) 9/30/19: Parnas receives a letter from the House Intelligence Committee asking him for documents by 10/7 and to appear for a deposition on 10/10. https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/20190930%20-%20Parnas%20Letter%20and%20Doc%20Request%20Schedule.pdf

Let me be very clear here: Burr is a criminal and I’m not saying he’s being framed for a crime he didn’t commit. Lev is a criminal too, and he wasn’t framed either. That’s not what I’m saying.

To be clear on another point, I’m not saying the FBI agents who arrested Parnas and Burr *knew* Parnas and Burr were being arrested to shut them up and protect Trump. Parnas and Burr were criminals and that’s all the FBI agents need to hear. But why were Parnas and Burr targeted?

Burr and Loeffler committed the same crime and only one is being made to disappear. Parnas and Giuliani committed the same crime and only one was made to disappear. In both cases, the one who disappeared is one Trump needed to go away. So, yeah, that’s why they went away.
Do I even need to bring up Epstein? Obviously Epstein was targeted by DOJ to shut him up. And boy howdy did they shut that guy up.

(As an aside, I also think Avenatti was targeted because he was Trump’s enemy and was exposing Trump and Trump needed him to go away. Again, not saying Avenatti is not a criminal. I’m just saying he was targeted for his crimes because he was Trump’s enemy.)

So why does Trump need to get rid of Burr? As I mentioned above, Burr is not being a good soldier for Trump. He’s siding with Mark Warner on the Senate Intelligence Committee and doing this:
Uncle Blazer

Thread: Senate Intelligence Committee concludes in Volume 4 of its report Russia interfered in the 2016 election to help Trump and confirms the counterintelligence investigation is *ongoing* and will be the subject of Volume 5 of the Committee’s Report. https://intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume4.pdf

Trump needs to replace Burr as head of the Senate Intelligence Committee and stop Volume 5 of the Committee’s report from being released before the election. It’s as simple as that. And just replacing Burr is too obvious. This is better. Burr is getting Epstein’d.

The GOP and Trump’s gaggle of hangers-on is filled with crooks who are *not* being targeted up by the FBI. But the guys Trump really needs to shut up *are* being targeted. This is not rocket science. This is how Trump’s criminal conspiracy is being held together: blackmail.

The GOP is filled with crooks and each of them knows that if they cross Trump, they’re gonna get got. Burr is being made an example of here. It’s a warning to everyone in the conspiracy: Play ball or go to prison.

Do you think McConnell and Graham, for example, are *not* criminals? Trump is blackmailing every one of these people, and he’s doing it with actual crimes they’ve committed, not made up crimes. You can bet the rest of the conspirators are aware of what’s going on.

Trump has the goods on everyone (except Romney, it appears) and he’s prepared to make all of them pay if they cross him. If he can’t find crimes you committed, maybe your son or your daughter? Maybe your wife or your lover?
People keep wondering aloud why the GOP isn’t breaking ranks. This is why.

One last point: Snatching up guys like Epstein, Parnas, and Burr also happens to provide great cover for Bill Barr. How can you say DOJ is compromised when they are rounding up the bad guys? Barr’s smarter than he looks. He’s also a criminal.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, knapplc said:

Let's not rewrite history, shall we? Flynn lied about acting as a foreign agent while not working for the US government. He was conducting foreign relations for the Trump team before 2017, and that is illegal. Flynn did not need to lie about that, but chose to, admitted to lying, and was appropriately sentenced.

As an incoming National Security Policy maker it was Flynn's duty to speak to foreign officials to prepare for his job.  It could be serious negligence to do nothing in advance.

10 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Another thing you're conveniently forgetting is that Flynn was not unmasked yet on the reports.  All US citizen names are redacted during surveillance...so interest in him only came about BECAUSE he spoke to Russian agents.  Otherwise, he would not have even been on anyones radar.

This is not my opinion.  This is known fact.  https://www.npr.org/2020/05/14/855820024/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-flynn-biden-and-unmasking-story

No and your NPR link doesn't even say that.  

NPR toed the party line by saying the unmasking requests were incidental to Obama-Biden's surveillance of foreigners.  But if the shoe were on the other foot they would report that Trump used foreign surveillance as a pretext to spy on his political rivals.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

As an incoming National Security Policy maker it was Flynn's duty to speak to foreign officials to prepare for his job.  It could be serious negligence to do nothing in advance.

No and your NPR link doesn't even say that.  

NPR toed the party line by saying the unmasking requests were incidental to Obama-Biden's surveillance of foreigners.  But if the shoe were on the other foot they would report that Trump used foreign surveillance as a pretext to spy on his political rivals.

This whole post is BS but to the bolded, he was doing so before he had the job which is illegal. Thats why this is so ridiculous. How was Obama spying on the Trump campaign when they were already surveilling Flynn before he got involved with Trump? 

• Plus1 2