DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Let me help you since you missed it in my NPR article, you know, since I can be tossed aside for posting something from NPR because you suddenly know all my politics and what kind of person I am just by an article I post on the internet.

Furthermore:

Now, please, stop insisting you're correct even though you have ZERO evidence supporting your position.

I think you mean any of his positions. 

11 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

This whole post is BS but to the bolded, he was doing so before he had the job which is illegal. Thats why this is so ridiculous. How was Obama spying on the Trump campaign when they were already surveilling Flynn before he got involved with Trump? 

No it is not.  You're trying to justify political spying by the Obama-Biden people on the grounds that it's malfeasance for an incoming officer to prepare for his job with his constitutional right to speak freely.  There is no legitimate excuse for the political assassination that they did.  And you'd be screaming for Trump's arrest if the shoe were on the other foot. 

7 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Let me help you since you missed it in my NPR article, you know, since I can be tossed aside for posting something from NPR because you suddenly know all my politics and what kind of person I am just by an article I post on the internet.

Furthermore:

Now, please, stop insisting you're correct even though you have ZERO evidence supporting your position.

you said that Flynn had not been umasked "yet", when the timeline showed the unusual number of unmasking requests were pouring in before the FBI interview.  Including from people like Biden who had no need to know. 

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

No it is not.  You're trying to justify political spying by the Obama-Biden people on the grounds that it's malfeasance for an incoming officer to prepare for his job with his constitutional right to speak freely.  There is no legitimate excuse for the political assassination that they did.  And you'd be screaming for Trump's arrest if the shoe were on the other foot. 

Wrong again. Flynn WAS NOT a part of the Trump campaign when he began his foriegn dealings. He met with the Russian Ambassador in December of 2015 to discuss US foreign policy regarding Russia as a private citizen. NOT LEGAL! He was being surveilled BEFORE he joined the Trump campaign and Trump was warned, by Obama, about Flynn. So Trump knew FBI was watching Flynn. How is that spying on the Trump campaign in any way? If the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn't even hear about it because there is nothing there. Having your own intelligence surveil a private citizen who is breaking the law is perfectly within the confines of the law. Asking a foreign president to announce an investigation into a political rival or they won't get aid on the other hand....

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Wrong again. Flynn WAS NOT a part of the Trump campaign when he began his foriegn dealings. He met with the Russian Ambassador in December of 2015 to discuss US foreign policy regarding Russia as a private citizen. NOT LEGAL! He was being surveilled BEFORE he joined the Trump campaign and Trump was warned, by Obama, about Flynn. So Trump knew FBI was watching Flynn. How is that spying on the Trump campaign in any way? If the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn't even hear about it because there is nothing there. Having your own intelligence surveil a private citizen who is breaking the law is perfectly within the confines of the law. Asking a foreign president to announce an investigation into a political rival or they won't get aid on the other hand....

Please cite a source that says it's illegal for an American to talk to a Russian ambassador.   You won't be able to find one beyond left wing editorials because it is free speech.  That's why the Obama-Biden DOJ had to invent the story that Flynn was a foreign agent to justify their own political spying.  Just one of many frauds perpetrated by that regime. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Please cite a source that says it's illegal for an American to talk to a Russian ambassador.   You won't be able to find one beyond left wing editorials because it is free speech.  That's why the Obama-Biden DOJ had to invent the story that Flynn was a foreign agent to justify their own political spying.  Just one of many frauds perpetrated by that regime. 

Its called the Logan Act, look it up. 

And again, they were surveilling Flynn before he was part of the Trump administration and Trump was warned of this. How is it spying when Trump knew about it? 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

And again, they were surveilling Flynn before he was part of the Trump administration and Trump was warned of this. How is it spying when Trump knew about it? 

Wait, it is illegal to have a conversation with a Russian Ambassador?  I feel like there is something missing.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Wait, it is illegal to have a conversation with a Russian Ambassador?  I feel like there is something missing.

He was actually initially being investigated for taking money from Turkey without approval. The Logan act makes it illegal for unauthorized citizens to negotiate with foreign governments having a dispute with the US. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Exactly.  They had to dig an ancient and unenforceable law out of the history books as a pretext to spy on their political enemy.  To my knowledge Trump's DOJ did not harass John Kerry for trying to save the Iran deal and pretend they were just acting under the Logan Act. 

I have no idea how idea of telling Trump some of the bad things they did negates those bad things. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Exactly.  They had to dig an ancient and unenforceable law out of the history books as a pretext to spy on their political enemy.  To my knowledge Trump's DOJ did not harass John Kerry for trying to save the Iran deal and pretend they were just acting under the Logan Act. 

I have no idea how idea of telling Trump some of the bad things they did negates those bad things. 

Its a law and it is not unenforceable. What Flynn did is in fact illegal and the FBI had every right to investigate him. Was Flynn the political enemy they were spying on? Because he was being looked at before becoming a part of Trumps team and Trump was made aware he was under investigation. I ask again, how exactly can you spy on someone if you tell that person exactly what you are doing and for what reason? I don't expect you to respond to this in good faith so I'll just say right now this is the last I have to say about it to you. Flynn broke the law, was being investigated for that and there's nothing more to it. 

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

He was actually initially being investigated for taking money from Turkey without approval. The Logan act makes it illegal for unauthorized citizens to negotiate with foreign governments having a dispute with the US. 

Ahhhh, got it!

I thought you meant like...couldn't talk to them at all.  Sounded like something out of a movie script.

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Its a law and it is not unenforceable. What Flynn did is in fact illegal and the FBI had every right to investigate him. Was Flynn the political enemy they were spying on? Because he was being looked at before becoming a part of Trumps team and Trump was made aware he was under investigation. I ask again, how exactly can you spy on someone if you tell that person exactly what you are doing and for what reason? I don't expect you to respond to this in good faith so I'll just say right now this is the last I have to say about it to you. Flynn broke the law, was being investigated for that and there's nothing more to it. 

They tried to talk Trump out of hiring Flynn for sure but obviously they were not very convincing.  The honorable thing to do would be to stand down and let the POTUS deal with his own policy.  The FBI actually planned on dropping the investigation into Flynn but the Comey and Strozk had a backup plan.  Just a shameless abuse of power and you would think so if the shoe was on the other foot.  

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Obamagate is the new moronic conspiracy he uses to keep his voters in line. Because if you always have something to be furious about, you never stop to question Trump and potentially realize he’s a fraud.

Just looking at the nonsense in this thread, it's keeping his followers in line.

• Plus1 2