DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Just in case anyone is following the book dud.  Boltstache is saying Trump is unfit for POTUS because Trump did NOT go to war with Iran.  That's your hero of the week.  Remember when elected everyone said that choosing the hawk Bolton was a sign that Trump was a war monger. 

There is alot more in the book than that,  as if we even need Boltons book to know the plain fact that Donald Trump is by far the worst president this country has ever seen. You can keep defending at every turn, but you are going to just end up looking more and more foolish. It's never too late to throw up the white flag and admit maybe this guy isn't a good leader. Just a thought. 

8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Just in case anyone is following the book dud.  Boltstache is saying Trump is unfit for POTUS because Trump did NOT go to war with Iran.  That's your hero of the week.  Remember when elected everyone said that choosing the hawk Bolton was a sign that Trump was a war monger. 

It's possible for both Trump and Bolton to be terrible. Also remember Trump hired Bolton even though Bolton had a long history of being awful.

• Plus1 1

I will tip my hat to Donald Trump for not launching an attack on Iran, as Bolton apparently recommended. Happy?

As RedDenver has already pointed out, most of us have room in our brains to find both Trump and Bolton appalling. They deserve each other, and if they bring each other down at the same time it would restore some of my faith in karma. 

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I remember the conversations being more along these lines: John Bolton is a hawk eager for a war with Iran.  And that could be a dangerous pairing with a President that seems to create foreign policy on a whim depending on his mood and how slighted he feels.

I could have definitely missed something though.

40 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

He's no hero.  Reading his observations about Donald Trump and the people surrounding Donald Trump doesn't mean we've put him on a pedestal...it means we're getting a first hand look at how bad of a moron Trump is.

It also doesn't mean we agree with Boltstache or think he's Mother Theresa. 

Yep, it's actually worse that even someone like Bolton realizes what a disaster Trump is.

So Trump made the right call.  

Very few never-Trumpers can acknowledge that President Trump has been consistent in his foreign policy of no more endless wars and fewer foreign entanglements. I've had plenty of Ds who either cannot or will not see that Trump's policy is nothing like either President Bush.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Very few never-Trumpers can acknowledge that President Trump has been consistent in his foreign policy of no more endless wars and fewer foreign entanglements. I've had plenty of Ds who either cannot or will not see that Trump's policy is nothing like either President Bush.

Oh boy.....:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Didn't Trump assassinate a foreign general? And what foreign entanglements are there now fewer of?

And very few Trumpers will admit how ballistic they would have gone had Obama or Hillary uttered the words "we fell in love" when describing their meeting with Kim Jung Un. 

Side note: Kim played Trump like a drum (they all do) and North Korea is more dangerous than ever.

Also, if by "fewer foreign entanglements" you mean ceding longstanding military leadership and protections to Russia, mission accomplished!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I would agree with you except that you're omitting how many tens of thousands of innocent civilians he's killed with drone strikes, assassinating that foreign general, and abandoning the Kurds to slaughter.

4 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Didn't Trump assassinate a foreign general? And what foreign entanglements are there now fewer of?

How did you get from "drone strike" to 'entanglement?'  btw Obama-Biden continued and accelerated the Bush policy of using predator drones to incinerate suspected terrorists, without any due process or much concern for civilians in the radius.

• Fire 1
12 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

How did you get from "drone strike" to 'entanglement?'  btw Obama-Biden continued and accelerated the Bush policy of using predator drones to incinerate suspected terrorists, without any due process or much concern for civilians in the radius.

Did you approve of this?  Because I know there were several posters on HB that were critical of this.

On 6/20/2020 at 2:16 AM, Notre Dame Joe said:

i remember when trump was hiring only the best people.   and so far he has fired about 90% of those hires and used every bad name he could think of when he fired them,.    

• Plus1 2