DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Facebook bans Roger Stone for "misinformation" [but oddly not most of my political friends] and anyone who reposted his content.  Don't believe any chat that Mark Zuckerberg is a good egg on free speech, because he's not. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/8/21317905/facebook-roger-stone-instagram-removed-proud-boys-far-right-manipulation

That fact that Zuckerberg is trash aside; Facebook is a private platform and is not required to protect your's our anyone else's first amendment rights. This has been upheld in court time and time again. They may regulate their platform how they see fit, and you are free to use another forum to communicate.

• Plus1 4

9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Facebook bans Roger Stone for "misinformation" [but oddly not most of my political friends] and anyone who reposted his content.  Don't believe any chat that Mark Zuckerberg is a good egg on free speech, because he's not. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/8/21317905/facebook-roger-stone-instagram-removed-proud-boys-far-right-manipulation

So, you think Stone should be allowed to distribute misinformation.

8 hours ago, ZRod said:

That fact that Zuckerberg is trash aside; Facebook is a private platform and is not required to protect your's our anyone else's first amendment rights. This has been upheld in court time and time again. They may regulate their platform how they see fit, and you are free to use another forum to communicate.

You keep saying Court, I don't.  the fact is that a small number of powerful corporations are interfering in our political process by suppressing free speech.  If it happened to your side you would be screaming bloody murder.  

• Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You keep saying Court, I don't.  the fact is that a small number of powerful corporations are interfering in our political process by suppressing free speech.  If it happened to your side you would be screaming bloody murder.  

We've spent the past several months (years?) screaming about how Facebook continually screws our democracy by raking in whatever money Trump and anyone else wants to fork over to spread their lies and disinformation.

Given that we already don't like Facebook and their business model, we can't get too worked up when one of the chief BS artists gets the ban hammer.

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

In other threads you were complaining about gun owners against government regulations.  Now the anti-capitalism rant...

No wonder people keep calling liberals "snowflakes".  Don't go outside, you may melt!

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You mean like left-wing ChapoTrapHouse getting banned by reddit? I don't remember you being upset about that ban.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

You mean like left-wing ChapoTrapHouse getting banned by reddit? I don't remember you being upset about that ban.

Because we all 'read it' as a fake sign of impartiality and none of us knew who it was any more than President Obama knew about Juneteenth.

Judge Sullivan is determined to lose in a 5-4 SCOTUS decision

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/07/judge-emmet-sullivan-wants-full-d-c-circuit-to-overule-order-requiring-him-to-dismiss-michael-flynn-case/#comments

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Because we all 'read it' as a fake sign of impartiality and none of us knew who it was any more than President Obama knew about Juneteenth.

Judge Sullivan is determined to lose in a 5-4 SCOTUS decision

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/07/judge-emmet-sullivan-wants-full-d-c-circuit-to-overule-order-requiring-him-to-dismiss-michael-flynn-case/#comments

Just because you don’t know, don’t assume others don’t.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/statement-president-obama-occasion-juneteenth

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Except as @RedDenver pointed out "liberal" groups have been banned, and sued and lost over these issue as well. Are you going to sue a newspaper because they won't print your oped? No. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram all fall under the same principles.They are not government companies and do not have to protect your right to use their service, this is America. 

If you really want accountability and truth then choose to vote for candidates who actually make that a priority, then make those virtues a priority in your life. From your post history here it would seem like you don't actually value those virtues; so I'm not sure why this issue with Facebook concerns you other than the fact that it's in opposition to "your team", which is sad and unamerican.

*Edit* Furthermore, you are fully capable (and within your rights) to create your own platform by which to express your opinions. You may even ban people as you see fit. There are a plethora of conservative friendly forums; radio shows, news networks and other TV programs, subreddits, internet forum, etc. So, it's not like these people are being muzzled.

Also, there are hundreds of thousands of people who have conservative views all over the spectrum that participate in these public social media forums, and they somehow avoid being banned. Maybe those who are banned are just terrible people and we're better off not hearing from them.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, funhusker said:

Just because you don’t know, don’t assume others don’t.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/statement-president-obama-occasion-juneteenth

Proof is in the pudding.  Obama apologists had to mine the archives to come up with references that he himself likely never read.  Funny how Youtube seems not to have any of President Obama's Juneteenth speeches. Shouldn't there be 8 of them?  Maybe they were censored by the same guy who scrubbed that other left wing group you've never heard of. 

Trump commutes Roger Stone's sentence.  Pretty balsy even for POTUS not to wait until after the election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-commutes-longtime-adviser-roger-stone-s-prison-sentence/ar-BB16AZr7?ocid=msedgntp

• Fire 1