DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

On 7/26/2020 at 2:07 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yeah actually I checked it on more than one article.  You will have to learn to deal with the fact your candidate (and party) supported the sabotage of the legitimately elected government. 

Did Flynn do the crime? Yes or no

It's interesting because I always hear Trump supporters say if you don't want law enforcement sniffing around, don't commit crimes. Flynn undoubtedly violated the Logan Act. So didn't he bring the attention of law enforcement on himself? And didn't Trump do the same by hiring Flynn after being warned by the people doing the investigating not to? Spare me your bad faith rationalizations, these are rhetorical questions. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Did Flynn do the crime? Yes or no

It's interesting because I always hear Trump supporters say if you don't want law enforcement sniffing around, don't commit crimes. Flynn undoubtedly violated the Logan Act. So didn't he bring the attention of law enforcement on himself? And didn't Trump do the same by hiring Flynn after being warned by the people doing the investigating not to? Spare me your bad faith rationalizations, these are rhetorical questions. 

Then you are admitting the entire Flynn investigation was done in bad faith by the Obama-Biden regime.  Flynn 'violated the Logan Act' less than John Kerry and Hunter Biden and pretty much everyone else who does business with foreigners; it's not a crime that you can be convicted for.  

Oh and Flynn brought the Obama-Biden deep staters on himself because he spoke out against them.  They knew Flynn wasn't corrupt and had to search for more pretexts to entrap him.  It took them Soviet Style justice to fake the Russian Collusion. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Then you are admitting the entire Flynn investigation was done in bad faith by the Obama-Biden regime.  Flynn 'violated the Logan Act' less than John Kerry and Hunter Biden and pretty much everyone else who does business with foreigners; it's not a crime that you can be convicted for.  

Oh and Flynn brought the Obama-Biden deep staters on himself because he spoke out against them.  They knew Flynn wasn't corrupt and had to search for more pretexts to entrap him.  It took them Soviet Style justice to fake the Russian Collusion. 

Jfc Hunter Biden didn't violate the Logan Act. Business with foreigners isn't violating the Logan Act. Getting paid half a million on behalf of the Turkish government to accomplish Turkish goals within the US without disclosure to the US government is getting a lot closer. Discussing sanctions with a Russian Ambassador when you aren't authorized to do so is getting much, much closer. But you know, if its such an archaic law that no one actually gets caught up on, why did Flynn lie about his call? Why did Flynn lie about discussing sanctions? If its no big deal why not tell the truth? You know what happens when you lie to the FBI right? 

Because here's the other thing Trump supporters tell me. If law enforcement is around you do what they say and you won't have problems. Just tell the truth and it won't be a big deal. Law enforcement isn't out to get anybody, thats what Trump supporters tell me. So had flynn just cooperated and told the truth like he was supposed to when you encounter law enforcement according to Trump supporters, he would have been just fine. If you don't do anything wrong and listen to the law enforcement then nothing bad will happen. Again, thats just what I keep getting told by Trump supporters recently. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Flynn plead guilty. He committed crimes, got caught, and accepted his punishment.  All the rest is right-wingers attempting to retcon what actually happened. 

Go sell this snake oil somewhere where people don't know what really happened. (hint - that's not here)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Based on this post, I don't think you know what the Logan Act is brother.

That shouldn't be hard.  Just list a few examples of people convicted under the Logan Act and show how Flynn did something similar. :lol:

Whatever you think actually happened, the reality of what the Obama-Biden DOJ did is worse.  It's leaking out now that they already knew that the Trump campaign was not in collusion with the Russians before they started spying, and well before the special counsel rehashed the same thing.  

• Fire 1
22 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That shouldn't be hard.  Just list a few examples of people convicted under the Logan Act and show how Flynn did something similar. :lol:

Whatever you think actually happened, the reality of what the Obama-Biden DOJ did is worse.  It's leaking out now that they already knew that the Trump campaign was not in collusion with the Russians before they started spying, and well before the special counsel rehashed the same thing.  

"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

Flynn discussing US sanctions on Russia with a Russian Ambassador when he was not authorized to by the US govermment might be considered similar to the actions the Logan Act deems illegal. 

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Whatever you think actually happened, the reality of what the Obama-Biden DOJ did is worse.

No...the DOJ investigating foreign tampering with an election is what their JOB IS!!!!  Gee.....it's just horrible that they actually do their job...isn't it?

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

No...the DOJ investigating foreign tampering with an election is what their JOB IS!!!!  Gee.....it's just horrible that they actually do their job...isn't it?

It is horrible to lie about that's why they are going after the opposing party.  

Let me know if this spills over into a pretextual attack on the Ds. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/not-just-russia-top-us-officials-peg-china-as-pressing-2020-election-threat

The nation’s top counterintelligence official added that “China is expanding its influence efforts to shape the policy environment in the United States, pressure political figures it views as opposed to China’s interests, and counter criticism of China.” He also noted that “Beijing recognizes its efforts might affect the presidential race.”

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It is horrible to lie about that's why they are going after the opposing party.  

Let me know if this spills over into a pretextual attack on the Ds. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/not-just-russia-top-us-officials-peg-china-as-pressing-2020-election-threat

You might need to explain what you're trying to get at here.

And, how this pertains to my post.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Oh this will be rich. Please explain why China loves the man slapping tariffs on their exports.

and possibly banning China's most popular spyware.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/04/trumps-is-personally-indebted-chinas-state-owned-bank

https://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-nationals-tied-to-chinese-government-donate-trump-reelection-wsj-2020-6

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/07/why-china-wants-donald-trump-win/613864/

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/security/news/2017/06/14/433915/trumps-conflicts-interest-china/

I'll admit that last one isn't the best of sources, but its quite the read. 

• Plus1 1