DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Oh Whataboutism - straight from the Putin handbook. Nicely played.

Right. Who gives a flying f#&% about the Clinton's! Who is the current president of the United States of America? Who are we talking about in all of this? What about what that person and their people did. Lets talk about that instead of bringing others into it. Defend on the merits not by comparing. Saying well what about this is essentially giving up the fact that the original thing was also wrong. 

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, commando said:

he didn't say that.  he didn't mean it that way.   he was joking.  no matter what he says he is "right"

I said Russia gets Uranium which the NR link explains how they got it.  You assumed I meant "USA Uranium was exported to Russia"

Pretty much the usual political strawmanning.  Kind of like how posters will ignore the difference between vote-by-mail and a requested absentee ballot because acknowledging the difference would wreck their case.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
38 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I said Russia gets Uranium which the NR link explains how they got it.  You assumed I meant "USA Uranium was exported to Russia"

And, BTW.... a Trump supporter has absolutely no credibility in crying about corruption from Clintons on a deal like this.

It's funny how a D beside their names makes them the most disgusting corrupt people.  But, an R beside someone who is even worse is the greatest person in the world and totally fit to be President.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Pretty much the usual political strawmanning.  Kind of like how posters will ignore the difference between vote-by-mail and a requested absentee ballot because acknowledging the difference would wreck their case.

the russians got control of uranium mines that were outside the control of the U.S.?   oh my!

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, commando said:

the russians got control of uranium mines that were outside the control of the U.S.?   oh my!

But Bill's buddy apprently gave him money for it. Even though there is no direct source in any article about the money trail, and John Solomon is one of the sources cited...

The Uranium One deal sounds more like a failure of communication between the Justice Department, Legislative and Executive Branches and not something overtly criminal. The Clinton's raise all kind of ethical issues with their foundation, but they don't seem to be criminal especially considering a REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED SENATE AND EXECUTIVE HAVE DONE NOTHING TO INVESTIGATE THEM.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Let's also not act like the article that @Notre Dame Joe posted is more than what it is.

It's simply an example of how someone takes a few data points, loosely draws lines between them and comes up with a conspiracy theory of some horrible clandestine corruption plot.

When you're trying to act like a reporter and you start off a concluding paragraph like the bolded......you're a fraud.

So what was Hillary’s purpose? I believe she intended to shield the extent to which the State Department was being put in the service of the Clinton Foundation during her tenure. That is why she went to such lengths to devise this renegade communications system, why she resisted efforts to bring her office into the official State Department communications system, and why she unilaterally destroyed tens of thousands of emails despite the State Department’s request for them and their obvious relevance to then-pending congressional investigations. It is why she lied in insisting that she’d provided the State Department with all her work-related emails.

• Thanks 1

Kudos to you @Notre Dame Joe You are so good at the Republican strategy of whataboutism and distraction it is almost poetic to watch. We see this strategy be effective over and over again, and yet those of us willing to see Trump and his misdeeds for what they are keep falling into this trap over and over again. I was so incredibly frustrated when the Republicans used this strategy so successfully during the impeachment trial. It was so successful at one point I thought that Joe and Hunter Biden were the ones on trial and the Democrats were desperately trying to save his presidency. 

Stop falling for it! Here we are again, THE REPUBLICAN RAN SENATE COMMITTEE released a report all but confirming the Trump Campaign colluded with Russia. We should be talking about that. We should be shouting that from the rooftops. Instead I log in and see multiple pages in defense of the Uranium One deal AGAIN!!! 

Quit letting them change the subject! Develop some discipline, stay on topic. It's like we can't help ourselves when this tactic is used, we feel we must counter. NO WE DON'T. All it does is make it seem as though both parties are equally guilty when we entertain unequivocal whataboutism. Laugh it off, brush it off your shoulders, and comment again about how traitorous Trump sold American interest to Russia for a hotel deal and his family's personal fortune. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, BTW.... a Trump supporter has absolutely no credibility in crying about corruption from Clintons on a deal like this.

It's funny how a D beside their names makes them the most disgusting corrupt people.  But, an R beside someone who is even worse is the greatest person in the world and totally fit to be President.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

But Bill's buddy apprently gave him money for it. Even though there is no direct source in any article about the money trail, and John Solomon is one of the sources cited...

The Uranium One deal sounds more like a failure of communication between the Justice Department, Legislative and Executive Branches and not something overtly criminal. The Clinton's raise all kind of ethical issues with their foundation, but they don't seem to be criminal especially considering a REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED SENATE AND EXECUTIVE HAVE DONE NOTHING TO INVESTIGATE THEM.

Again with the vagueness, what is your defense?  Are you denying that Bill got $500k for speaking with some Russians.  Or are you sticking with the tried and trusted NO QUID PRO QUO.

And IF you are alleging the same thing from the Trump campaign, what did they give and what did they get in return?  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Again with the vagueness, what is your defense?  Are you denying that Bill got $500k for speaking with some Russians.  Or are you sticking with the tried and trusted NO QUID PRO QUO.

And IF you are alleging the same thing from the Trump campaign, what did they give and what did they get in return?  

TRAITOR TRUMP COLLUDED WITH RUSSIA AND EVEN THE REPUBLICANS IN THE SENATE SAY SO. THE REPUBLICAN LED SENATE COMMITTEE MADE MULTIPLE CRIMINAL REFERRALS TO THE DOJ, THAT WITHOUT TRUMPS LAPDOG BARR IN ON THE CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE WOULD LIKELY LAND JUNIOR, KUSHNER, BANNON, AND OTHERS BEHIND BARS. 

TRUMP IS A TREASONOUS TREACHEROUS TRAITOR TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.  

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

TRAITOR TRUMP COLLUDED WITH RUSSIA AND EVEN THE REPUBLICANS IN THE SENATE SAY SO. THE REPUBLICAN LED SENATE COMMITTEE MADE MULTIPLE CRIMINAL REFERRALS TO THE DOJ, THAT WITHOUT TRUMPS LAPDOG BARR IN ON THE CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE WOULD LIKELY LAND JUNIOR, KUSHNER, BANNON, AND OTHERS BEHIND BARS. 

TRUMP IS A TREASONOUS TREACHEROUS TRAITOR TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.  

well....Qanon doesn’t agree with you. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You're literally the only one being vague. I don't need a defense and I am not defending the Clinton's. Let's investigate them by all means, but why hasn't that been done in the last 15 years when the republican-controlled government offices had every opportunity to? End tangent\

Hillary is not in office Donald Trump is.

• Plus1 2

Trump and Putin  -  They both rely on others to do their dirty work.   

If Putin doesn't like what you say, give the person a drink of toxic tea.

https://news.yahoo.com/kremlin-critic-navalny-intensive-care-083800700.html

Russian doctors were battling to save the life of leading opposition figure Alexei Navalny on Thursday after he was rushed to intensive care in Siberia suffering from what his spokeswoman said was a suspected poisoning.

Navalny, a 44-year-old lawyer and anti-corruption campaigner who is among President Vladimir Putin's fiercest critics, was hospitalised in the city of Omsk after he lost consciousness on a flight and his plane made an emergency landing.

"Doctors aren't just doing everything possible. The doctors are really working now on saving his life," the hospital's deputy head doctor Anatoly Kalinichenko told journalists in Omsk.

Navalny's spokeswoman Kira Yarmysh said he was on a ventilator in a coma and his condition was serious but stable.

"Alexei has toxic poisoning," Yarmysh wrote on Twitter, describing how he was taken ill during the flight from the city of Tomsk to Moscow.

The hospital has not given any diagnosis while the regional health ministry said Navalny was in a natural, not induced, coma.

His team said the hospital was ill-equipped and his doctor Anastasia Vasilyeva said she had asked for the Kremlin's help to transfer him to a European clinic.

Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov wished Navalny a "speedy recovery" adding that the Kremlin would help move him abroad if needed.

Peskov said claims of poisoning were "only assumptions" until tests proved otherwise.

Yarmysh claimed Putin was responsible for poisoning Navalny, saying: "Whether or not he gave the order personally, the blame lies with him."