DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

22 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

I have higher standards for elected officials than Joe Schmoe off the street. Personally, I bear you no ill-will if you use that word. For the President of the United States to do is entirely a different matter.

It's really no business of mine why people decide to come here. If they choose to leave their homeland to try to come here & live the American dream, more power to them. I certainly hope people don't question my motives if I ever decide to leave the U.S. I don't see why we should do it to others.

Durbin is one of two people who headed up an immigration bill that could possibly muster enough votes to become law. That's his intent. Trump torpedoed that bill for one his hard-right flank is pushing on him, even though the former is broadly popular & the latter is extreme & will never get 60 votes.

Trump said it in a close door meeting. Durbin is a coward. That bill had no chance of passing. Fortunately President Trump has offered a great compromise, actually more than the Democrats claim they wanted! Lets see if they care about immigrants. My bet is no. Elected democrats are heartless thugs that thrive on using people and groups as pawns.

40 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Trump said it in a close door meeting. Durbin is a coward. That bill had no chance of passing. Fortunately President Trump has offered a great compromise, actually more than the Democrats claim they wanted! Lets see if they care about immigrants. My bet is no. Elected democrats are heartless thugs that thrive on using people and groups as pawns.

double-facepalm1.jpg

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

you should be specific and cite a singular court case if you wish to make a point. President Trump has an extensive history of paying a lot of people. Heck he pays 22,000 every year in payroll!

that's very comforting to all the contractors he has stiffed over the years.  and everyone hurt by his numerous bankruptcies. he even stiffed puerto rico with his golf course taxes. 

Edited by commando
  • Plus1 1

Good article on the GOP's attack on the FBI.

Republicans voted down a Democratic motion to have the F.B.I. brief the committee on risks posed by releasing the memo. They also voted down a motion to release a classified 10-page memo written by Representative Adam Schiff, the committee’s ranking Democrat, and Democratic staffers about the Republican memo’s errors and distortions. (Unlike most of his colleagues, Schiff had read the underlying intelligence.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/01/opinion/dont-believe-the-liberal-fbi.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-right-region&region=opinion-c-col-right-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

Edited by Moiraine
Just now, commando said:

that's very comforting to all the contractors he has stiffed over the years.  and everyone hurt by his numerous bankruptcies. he even stiffed puerto rico with his golf course taxes. 

President Donald Trump has an exceptional success record. It is absolutely laughable to cite the 4-6 bankruptcies as "proof". I believe his businesses have a 98 or 99% success rate! Awesome isn't it! Now if you would like to link the court proceedings regarding his failure to pay a contractor we could discuss that. I am sure you know that sometimes a contractor does not meet their contractual obligations, and either don't earn the full price, or any. Its impossible to discuss without being specific and providing the link. Otherwise it just sounds like a petty attack!

4 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

you should be specific and cite a singular court case if you wish to make a point. President Trump has an extensive history of paying a lot of people. Heck he pays 22,000 every year in payroll!

This article does a good summary: The Many Scandals of Donald Trump: A Cheat Sheet

Among the lowlights:

The Department of Justice sued Trump and his father Fred in 1973 for housing discrimination at 39 sites around New York. ... the Trumps settled with the government, promising not to discriminate and submitting to regular review by the New York Urban League

Many of the “students” have since complained that Trump U. was a scam. ... In November 2016, Trump agreed to settle a series of lawsuits related to the school for $25 million.

Trump used every trick in the book to get them out. He tried to reverse exceptions the previous landlord had given to knock down walls, threatening eviction. Tenants said he cut off heat and hot water. Building management refused to make repairs; two tenants swore in court that mushrooms grew on their carpet from a leak. ... Trump also sued tenants for $150 million when they complained. ... Trump gave in. He settled with tenants and agreed to monitoring. 

In order to construct his signature Trump Tower ... managers hired 200 undocumented Polish workers to tear it down, paying them substandard wages for backbreaking work—$5 per hour, when they were paid at all. The workers didn’t wear hard hats and often slept at the site. When the workers complained about their back pay, they were allegedly threatened with deportation. ... In 1991, a federal judge found Trump and other defendants guilty of conspiring to avoid paying union pension and welfare contributions for the workers. The decision was appealed, with partial victories for both sides, and ultimately settled privately in 1999. ... Massimo Calabresi shows that testimony under oath shows Trump was aware of illegal immigrants being employed there.

There's tons more in the article, so feel free to peruse it for additional evidence.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Now its not an attack on the "FBI" its just demonstrating how corrupt the 7th floor is. The rank and file are great, honorable people and will be much happier when they are no longer associated with the political hacks at the top! Its hilarious that the FBI wants to critique a memo that likely shows members of the FBI to be lawless pawns of the obama admin and working to undermine a political campaign first, then a duly elected President second.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

This article does a good summary: The Many Scandals of Donald Trump: A Cheat Sheet

Among the lowlights:

There's tons more in the article, so feel free to peruse it for additional evidence.

Sweet! Glad to see you toss that racism implication out right away! Now point out which one was the contractor he stiffed. You made the claim, why would I research it?

1 minute ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Now its not an attack on the "FBI" its just demonstrating how corrupt the 7th floor is. The rank and file are great, honorable people and will be much happier when they are no longer associated with the political hacks at the top! Its hilarious that the FBI wants to critique a memo that likely shows members of the FBI to be lawless pawns of the obama admin and working to undermine a political campaign first, then a duly elected President second.

That must be based on your reading of the memo and the accompanying evidence that supports the conclusions in the memo. Right?

6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm confused. Colin Kaepernick kneels during the national anthem, and it's an inexcusable affront to the brave men and women in our military and police forces.

Donald Trump recklessly undermines the most respected law enforcement agency in America in an attempt to save his own ass, and the flag-wavers  line up behind him.

This is exhausting. 

A few individuals do not make an institution.

3 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Sweet! Glad to see you toss that racism implication out right away! Now point out which one was the contractor he stiffed. You made the claim, why would I research it?

Nice try to deflect about the racism. Do you have anything other than empty comments with exclamation points?

Try reading my post and/or the article I linked to. I'll copy it again here from my post:

In order to construct his signature Trump Tower ... managers hired 200 undocumented Polish workers to tear it down, paying them substandard wages for backbreaking work—$5 per hour, when they were paid at all. The workers didn’t wear hard hats and often slept at the site. When the workers complained about their back pay, they were allegedly threatened with deportation. ... In 1991, a federal judge found Trump and other defendants guilty of conspiring to avoid paying union pension and welfare contributions for the workers. The decision was appealed, with partial victories for both sides, and ultimately settled privately in 1999. ... Massimo Calabresi shows that testimony under oath shows Trump was aware of illegal immigrants being employed there.

Edited by RedDenver
typo