DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

He said the lawyer wasn't a government lawyer but isn't that incorrect? Don't the emails say otherwise?

That was the claim in the email but that lawyer says it's false. Not relevant though. Jr thought he was meeting with someone connected to the Kremlin, to get information from the Kremlin, in order to help his dad win the election.

• Fire 1

https://www.vox.com/2017/7/13/15958230/donald-trump-jr-russia-collusion-republican-party-david-french

National Review columnist David French:

"Look, I think this is a product of the fact that as of right now there is no sign that the core of the Republican base support for Trump is cracking. There was something that was really interesting that happened in Tennessee. Republican Sen. Bob Corker said that the Trump administration seems to be descending into chaos, and a poll was done of Tennessee GOP primary voters that showed a whopping 60 percent of them said that that comment made them less likely to want to vote for Bob Corker in the primary.

"So long as that base wall holds, this is what we’re going to get."

It's the voters.

In another email, Kasowitz wrote: “Call me. Don’t be afraid, you piece of sh#t. Stand up. If you don’t call, you’re just afraid.” And later: “I already know where you live, I’m on you. You might as well call me. You will see me. I promise. Bro.”

Bruh. You're not twenty.

Also: this guy is Trump's lawyer? Wow. I take back whatever I said about how Trump must be getting good legal advice at least. That's no longer clear.

https://www.vox.com/2017/7/13/15958230/donald-trump-jr-russia-collusion-republican-party-david-french

National Review columnist David French:

"Look, I think this is a product of the fact that as of right now there is no sign that the core of the Republican base support for Trump is cracking. There was something that was really interesting that happened in Tennessee. Republican Sen. Bob Corker said that the Trump administration seems to be descending into chaos, and a poll was done of Tennessee GOP primary voters that showed a whopping 60 percent of them said that that comment made them less likely to want to vote for Bob Corker in the primary.

"So long as that base wall holds, this is what we’re going to get."

It's the voters.

I keep saying the conditioning of the Republican base by Fox News and the greater conservative media is a problem that affects all of us. They're being taught by the Hannitys, O'Reillys, Coulters, Bannons and Rushs of the world to want this type of leader.

What can be done? How do we break through that type of media bubble directive?

That lawyer Trump Jr met with suddenly had a case she was leading get settled by the Justice Dept in May.

That attorney, Natalia Veselnitskaya, represents the family of Pyotr Katsyv, the former vice governor of the Moscow region, whose son, Denis, owns the real-estate company Prevezon. The DOJ had been investigating whether Prevezon laundered millions of dollars through New York City real estate when the case was unexpectedly settled two days before going to trial in May.
"Last summer, Donald Trump Jr. met with a Kremlin-connected attorney in an attempt to obtain information 'that would incriminate Hillary,'" the Democrats wrote, citing the emails he published. "Earlier this year, on May 12, 2017, the Department of Justice made an abrupt decision to settle a money laundering case being handled by that same attorney in the Southern District of New York.
"We write with some concern that the two events may be connected — and that the Department may have settled the case at a loss for the United States in order to obscure the underlying facts."
The Prevezon case garnered high-profile attention, given its ties to a $230 million Russian tax-fraud scheme and the Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, whose suspicious death aroused international media attention and spurred the passage of the Magnitsky Act in 2012. Denis Katsyv and Veselnitskaya have become the face of Moscow's lobbying efforts against the Magnitsky Act in recent years.
  • Fire 2

Trump's Russia legal team seems to be handling things well

Kasowitz replied with series of angry messages sent between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Eastern time. One read: “I’m on you now. You are f@cking with me now Let’s see who you are Watch your back , b@tch.”

In another email, Kasowitz wrote: “Call me. Don’t be afraid, you piece of sh@t. Stand up. If you don’t call, you’re just afraid.” And later: “I already know where you live, I’m on you. You might as well call me. You will see me. I promise. Bro.”

021417-news-cash-her-in-a-lawsuit-hanes-

Classy!

• Fire 1