DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Among the many mysteries surrounding Donald Trump’s finances as a real-estate mogul—and the conflicts of interest that might be revealed by his tax returns, were he ever to release them—is his long history of debt. The issue is not merely what Trump owes, but who he owes. As critics noted on the campaign trail, Trump’s habit of reneging on contracts and suing his lenders meant that virtually nobody on Wall Street wanted to work with him, with one exception: Deutsche Bank, which had loaned him hundreds of millions of dollars when no one else would, even after he sued the firm. Now, investigators probing the ties between the Trump campaign and Russia are wondering why—and they’re beginning to take a closer look at the president’s accounts with his favorite bank, which also happens to have strong ties to Russia itself.

The New York Times reports that banking regulators are currently “reviewing hundreds of millions of dollars in loans made to Mr. Trump’s businesses through Deutsche Bank’s private wealth management unit . . . to [see] if the loans might expose the bank to heightened risk.” Meanwhile, the Guardian reports that executives at Deutsche are “expecting that the bank will soon be receiving subpoenas or other requests for information from Robert Mueller,” and that the special counsel’s investigative team and the bank have “already established informal contact in connection to the federal investigation.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/donald-trump-deutsche-bank-russia

And update...Deutsche Bank will be turning over their records.

Among the many mysteries surrounding Donald Trump’s finances as a real-estate mogul—and the conflicts of interest that might be revealed by his tax returns, were he ever to release them—is his long history of debt. The issue is not merely what Trump owes, but who he owes. As critics noted on the campaign trail, Trump’s habit of reneging on contracts and suing his lenders meant that virtually nobody on Wall Street wanted to work with him, with one exception: Deutsche Bank, which had loaned him hundreds of millions of dollars when no one else would, even after he sued the firm. Now, investigators probing the ties between the Trump campaign and Russia are wondering why—and they’re beginning to take a closer look at the president’s accounts with his favorite bank, which also happens to have strong ties to Russia itself.

The New York Times reports that banking regulators are currently “reviewing hundreds of millions of dollars in loans made to Mr. Trump’s businesses through Deutsche Bank’s private wealth management unit . . . to [see] if the loans might expose the bank to heightened risk.” Meanwhile, the Guardian reports that executives at Deutsche are “expecting that the bank will soon be receiving subpoenas or other requests for information from Robert Mueller,” and that the special counsel’s investigative team and the bank have “already established informal contact in connection to the federal investigation.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/donald-trump-deutsche-bank-russia

And update...Deutsche Bank will be turning over their records.

WOW. :o and WOW backwards! :)

So down and dirty Knapp - what does this really mean? If he decides not to go he can be arrested? I feel like there are so many empty threats right now I can't keep track of what actually might be aggressive movement (anything by Grassley is somewhat noteworthy I know)

Well...it's stupid to have them testify not under oath and in private. What benefit would that be? The questions asked would lead them to understand where the investigation is going and they would have absolutely no negative ramifications that would force them to actually tell the truth.

• Fire 1

It is not plausible that three exceedingly high-up people in the Trump campaign would all attend a meeting they didn't know the content of, which turned out to be about nothing relevant to winning an uphill fight against a better-known and better-polling opponent.

Show me proof that Manafort, Kushner and/or DT Jr. attended other meetings that were similarly time-wasting and irrelevant to the election and maybe I'll believe his story.

Absent that evidence, and knowing the content of that meeting, I'll believe that Kushner is lying.

• Fire 2