DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

There is no way Trump's lawyers want him sitting down with Mueller.

With the possibility now looming that the president himself could be subject to an interview by the FBI or Mueller's investigators, Trump's legal team has been debating whether it would be possible to simply avoid it.

In addition to the possibility of suggesting the president submit written responses in place of an interview, a second person familiar with the president's legal strategy said another possibility being contemplated was an affidavit signed by the president affirming he was innocent of any wrongdoing and denying any collusion. It was not clear what such an affidavit might state regarding the president's firing of former FBI Director James Comey in May 2017 at a time when Comey was leading the Russia probe. 

It's laughable they'd even consider a signed affidavit from Trump, the most prolific political liar of our lifetimes, as a stand-in for an actual interview.

Also, apparently Mueller would want to interview Trump himself:

Justice Department veterans cast doubt on the possibility that Mueller,who served as FBI director for 12 years, would forgo the chance to interview the president directly. 

"Prosecutors want to see and hear folks in person," said Chuck Rosenberg, former U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia and chief of staff to FBI Director Comey. "They want to probe and follow up. Body language and tone are important," said Rosenberg, now an NBC News analyst. "And they want answers directly from witnesses, not from their lawyers. The odds of prosecutors agreeing to written responses are somewhere between infinitesimally small and zero." 

Interesting stuff.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The guy better be listening to good lawyers and those lawyers had better bet telling him facts and not sugar coating it to make him happy.

seems like the trap is being set.  Mueller knows what he knows, Trump doesn't.  One false statement and we have 'wack a mole' - Trump would be done. 

Keep in mind Trump arguably admitted obstruction of justice in an interview with LESTER HOLT... when he WASN'T even being pressed on the matter. He just CHOSE to talk about why he fired Comey (Russia investigation).

Imagine what a seasoned no BS career professional & sharp legal mind like Mueller could do to him. Donald would be lucky to not pee his golf Dockers.

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep.

Remember, Flynn's lawyers stopped corresponding with Trump's quite a while ago now.

Yes, and Flynn realized he needed to throw in the towel and cooperate.  Flynn knew they had him and what they have

him tied with probably applies to Trump. 

12 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

Keep in mind Trump arguably admitted obstruction of justice in an interview with LESTER HOLT... when he WASN'T even being pressed on the matter. He just CHOSE to talk about why he fired Comey (Russia investigation).

Imagine what a seasoned no BS career professional & sharp legal mind like Mueller could do to him. Donald would be lucky to not pee his golf Dockers.

I actually think Trump would melt down and explode in the questioning.  He would not handle being sat down under other people's rules and being strictly controlled to the point where he has to answer questions he doesn't want to answer.

I've been in depositions before when I had nothing to hide and they still were uncomfortable.  I can't imagine if I knew I had to hide something or I was in big trouble.

Edited by BigRedBuster

^^^ If he really knew they had the goods on him before hand and that he could only claim 5th amendment defense, He may desire to resign under guise of sickness vs falling under the pressure of a prosecutor.  Or he may go in c$%k sure of himself and get slammed to the floor .... which is the more likely outcome.

Edited by TGHusker

Would Mueller be lambasted? Of course! It would be ridiculous to think otherwise when the Republican Party stands with Trump, an individual who would have been impeached on Day 1 if he had a D by his name. Mueller would probably be disowned by his own party but I'm not sure he'd be bothered since he clearly puts justice first.

• Plus1 2

Feinstein subverts Chairman Grassley of Senate Judicial Committee by releasing the full transcript of Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson. Grassley was sitting on it so Republicans could continue to peddle the nonsense Trump-Russia is a lie because it was built on a phony dossier paid for by Democrats and aided by Fusion GPS.

Very little of this is true. It was originally financed by Republicans. The investigation into Trump didn't start because of the dossier. But we wouldn't want truth getting in the way of a good narrative.

Good for Feinstein.

• Plus1 4
16 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

Feinstein subverts Chairman Grassley of Senate Judicial Committee by releasing the full transcript of Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson. Grassley was sitting on it so Republicans could continue to peddle the nonsense Trump-Russia is a lie because it was built on a phony dossier paid for by Democrats and aided by Fusion GPS.

Very little of this is true. It was originally financed by Republicans. The investigation into Trump didn't start because of the dossier. But we wouldn't want truth getting in the way of a good narrative.

Good for Feinstein.

I'm so glad this was finally released. The amount of misinformation being spread in regards to the dossier is crazy*.

*NOTE: Nothing is truly crazy in this day and age. 

From what I've seen, Steele sought out the FBI himself because he was so concerned that Trump may be vulnerable to blackmail. He shared his findings that made him believe this & they confirmed they thought it was plausible because they had a source from WITHIN the Trump campaign that told them the same thing.

Natasha Bertrand is hearing the Trump source was Papadopoulos: