DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

8 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

Such a nothing burger its insane. I don't know if the FBI agent is biased or just a nornal person with values and standards for the POTUS. This secret society stuff is absurd and its crazy congressmen are even entertaining that idea as a reality. Have they done any critical thinking about these texts or are they just looking to take things out of context to stir the pot and misdirect? I'm thinking the latter

• Plus1 3

Trump says he will speak to Mueller under oath. That should be interesting.  :snacks:  

Arrogance meets reality. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/370620-trump-fighting-back-against-russia-probe-is-not-obstruction

“You fight back, oh, it’s obstruction,” Trump mockingly told reporters.

Trump also told reporters that he plans to speak with special counsel Robert Mueller in two to three weeks, but said his lawyers are working out the specifics.

“I'm looking forward to it," Trump said about being questioned by Mueller. "I would do it under oath.”

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Such a nothing burger its insane. I don't know if the FBI agent is biased or just a nornal person with values and standards for the POTUS. This secret society stuff is absurd and its crazy congressmen are even entertaining that idea as a reality. Have they done any critical thinking about these texts or are they just looking to take things out of context to stir the pot and misdirect? I'm thinking the latter

At this point, someone "in the know" could make the claim that each weekend a spaceship picks up Christopher Wray and takes him to Mercury to meet with James Comey (who obviously has a second home there), and 90% of the Trumpsters would probably believe it.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I don't think he really knows what "oath" means.

You got that right - outside of oath to self.  There is no one bigger, better than himself.  Pride comes before the fall.  I think we might see that scripture come to pass.

• Plus1 2

51 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

“You fight back, oh, it’s obstruction,” Trump mockingly told reporters.

Trump also told reporters that he plans to speak with special counsel Robert Mueller in two to three weeks, but said his lawyers are working out the specifics.

“I'm looking forward to it," Trump said about being questioned by Mueller. "I would do it under oath.”

Yes. Yes it is.  By definition actually.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Trump says he will speak to Mueller under oath. That should be interesting.  :snacks:  

Arrogance meets reality. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/370620-trump-fighting-back-against-russia-probe-is-not-obstruction

And now the Adults in the room are backing Trump away from his remarks.  :facepalm:

Trump was speaking 'hurriedly' per his lawyer.  Translation:  Trump has no idea of the mess he'd be in if he testified

under oath.  He is a dufus and we have to protect him from himself.  He could be heard whispering as he walked by

Chief of Staff Gen Kelly "Who roped us into this gig and why did we listen?? :dunno"

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/ty-cobb-walks-back-trump-remarks-robert-mueller/2018/01/25/id/839350/

White House attorney Ty Cobb appeared to temper President Donald Trump's remarks about his willingness to speak under oath to special counsel Robert Mueller.

Cobb's comments came in a New York Times story published on Wednesday.

"He's ready to meet with them (Mueller's investigators), but he'll be guided by the advice of his personal counsel," Cobb said.

He cautioned Trump was speaking hurriedly when he made his comments about his willingness to be interviewed under oath by Mueller and his team and intended to just say he was ready to meet with them, according to the Times.

Edited by TGHusker
1 hour ago, dudeguyy said:

This is one of the chief bootlickers in the House trying to push back agains the deep state & support President Trump.

Amazing that these are the type of people we send to Washington to make laws.

So true! So much for the "best and the brightest". Then again, maybe Rep. Gaetz is just catering to his base.