DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The White House responding to Roger Stone's arrest:

PukUbAu.gif

As a member of the press in that situation, how do you not audibly laugh? Maybe that's a section taught in journalism schools around the country. Like the rubber chicken exercise with the Honor Guard.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Its very possible that CNN was there due to the fact a warrant was put out for his arrest.

It might not be a bad idea to have a camera guy following around every known Trump associate anyway. If they haven't already been arrested, odds are $h!t is going down sooner or later. Might as well be prepared.

Sort of like Fox News having a graphic ready to go for RBG's death, media outlets should already have their graphics ready to go for the next Trump stooge to be arrested or indicted.

• Plus1 3

CNN could have been tipped by the FBI or Mueller's office (which are two separate entities, despite what van Susteran appears to insinuate), but that's unlikely. As careful as Mueller has been in methodically putting together his indictments, it's not likely he'd suddenly decide throw caution to the wind and start colluding with CNN. He understands it's imperative to keep his work as above-board as possible.

CNN's explanation is they noticed "unusual activity" at the grand jury. I think if they were tipped off, they'd have sent a bigger name to the arrest. I don't even know the guy they sent down there.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

CNN could have been tipped by the FBI or Mueller's office (which are two separate entities, despite what van Susteran appears to insinuate), but that's unlikely. As careful as Mueller has been in methodically putting together his indictments, it's not likely he'd suddenly decide throw caution to the wind and start colluding with CNN. He understands it's imperative to keep his work as above-board as possible.

CNN's explanation is they noticed "unusual activity" at the grand jury. I think if they were tipped off, they'd have sent a bigger name to the arrest. I don't even know the guy they sent down there.

Yep.

I can't imagine the FBI wanting TV cameras at an arrest.  I would assume they are not a big fan of publicity like this.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That makes sense. I'm just surprised there wasn't more than one news agency. I'm sure they all have reporters camped out watching for this kind of stuff.

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, Fru said:

Well there ya go. 

I applaud Greta for walking back her accusation after getting additional information/evidence and using critical thought processes. :thumbs

7 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

That makes sense. I'm just surprised there wasn't more than one news agency. I'm sure they all have reporters camped out watching for this kind of stuff.

I think the news agencies have their focus split between covering the airport closures (including LaGuardia as of this AM) and other impacts due to the Government Shutdown, and they just weren't on the ball with this one? :dunno

23 minutes ago, Ulty said:

It might not be a bad idea to have a camera guy following around every known Trump associate anyway. If they haven't already been arrested, odds are $h!t is going down sooner or later. Might as well be prepared.

Sort of like Fox News having a graphic ready to go for RBG's death, media outlets should already have their graphics ready to go for the next Trump stooge to be arrested or indicted.

This was my thought. Seems you would have someone at least in the area of these people.

I think we have to leave open the possibility CNN was tipped off. But they may have just had some lackey down there, just in case, and it was a case of right place/right time. Or they may have done some sleuthing based on activity they saw, as they say, but then the question is how dense is every other news agency (cable TV/Newspaper/Radio/interwebs) that they didn't figure it out, too.

It's a curiosity, to be sure.  But a tiny wave compared to the tsunami of Stone's arrest.

EDIT - this was, apparently, on CNN last night.  This being the case... why weren't more news outlets at the Stone residence?  CNN laid out their suspicions pretty clearly here.