DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

GOP Response is crickets.  :facepalm:  But not surprising as they have their brown boots squarely on their feet following dear leader. 

The Dems on the other hand:  :cheers  The article link below has the reaction of many.  I think it is safe to assume that they smell blood in the water

and rightly so.  Trump and team are proving to be the corrupt group most people not in the Trump cult can easily see.  The GOP may not win a national

election for many terms when this is all said and done. The blind loyalty to Trump can only be explained by a group deception brought on by  greet, and a power hungry attitude.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  The GOP thought they were on the top of the hill wt the election of Trump and proudly thought they were unbeatable.

That hill turned out to be their downfall and I think we'll see it played out in 2020 and beyond.  GOPs only hope is their hold on State Legislatures and the gerrymandered voting districts - and the electoral college - which won't save them in 2020. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/congressional-dems-say-roger-stone-indictment-likely-coming-attraction-n962661

Leading Republicans were mostly silent on the arrest. Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., noted that the FBI agents who arrested Stone on Friday are not being paid because of the partial government shutdown, which is now in its 35th day.

“That’s how much of a bad guy he is. They went out and got him for free," he tweeted. "Now let’s end this shutdown so these heroes and other working people get their paychecks!”

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I love this simply because I'm dying to know what's in them.

However, I'm OK with this only if Mueller is OK with it.  If something here is a detriment to his investigation, I'm not for releasing it.

I would guess it could be disallowed if he wanted it to be.

This story is making some waves, rightfully so.

The truth seems pretty damn far from "I have nothing to do with Russia" and this:

Consider that he did not, in fact, stay away. He was trying to get a Trump Tower Moscow done through Election Day 2016. Him appearing to act as Putin's useful idiot thereafter was likely actually him trying to leverage his presidential power into expanding his own business empire. 

We cannot re-elect someone who this flagrantly lied to us and abused his power for personal gain. Many Trump lies are silly and innocuous. This was not. This strikes at the heart of our democracy.

• Thanks 1

This may have been posted here before, but it's a really good read. It's also something you should think about whenever you hear about the Trump Tower meeting about adoptions.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/07/magnitsky-act-kremlin/535044/

Let’s get something straight: The Magnitsky Act is not, nor has it ever been, about adoptions.

The Magnitsky Act, rather, is about money. It freezes certain Russian officials’ access to the stashes they were keeping in Western banks and real estate and bans their entry to the United States. The reason Russian (and now, American) officials keep talking about adoption in the same breath is because of how the Russian side retaliated to the Magnitsky Act in 2012, namely by banning American adoptions of Russian children.