DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

So, just before Cohen is going to testify, this brilliant gentleman steps up to the plate with this gem:

Screen shot, because I'm guessing this will be taken down soon:

5Ej2Ue8.png

In case you're not familiar with Mr. Gaetz:

Matthew Louis Gaetz II is the U.S. Representative for Florida's 1st congressional district since 2017, where he serves on the Budget, Armed Services, and Judiciary Committees. He is a member of the Republican Party.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So, just before Cohen is going to testify, this brilliant gentleman steps up to the plate with this gem:

5Ej2Ue8.png

Matthew Louis Gaetz II is the U.S. Representative for Florida's 1st congressional district since 2017, where he serves on the Budget, Armed Services, and Judiciary Committees. He is a member of the Republican Party.

My Lord. 

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

5Ej2Ue8.png

These people are unbelievable.  I never would have thought I would live in America where threats and coercion are so blatantly out in the open from our elected officials.

What a time to be alive....

This also really makes me believe Cohen is going to say something Republicans are NOT going to like.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This also really makes me believe Cohen is going to say something Republicans are NOT going to like.

I think so, too. "He has the receipts" is a phrase I've heard a couple of times.

Cohen has already lied to Congress, so his testimony is going to be suspect. Nobody's going to put him on the stand unless they have some way to verify the info he's going to provide.

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think so, too. "He has the receipts" is a phrase I've heard a couple of times.

Cohen has already lied to Congress, so his testimony is going to be suspect. Nobody's going to put him on the stand unless they have some way to verify the info he's going to provide.

This is the issue.

He needs actual evidence and not just his word.

8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Politico got ahold of a copy of Cohen's opening statements from tomorrow:

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000169-2d31-dc75-affd-bfb99a790001

I'll be honest, if this is going to be his testimony, it's not earth-shaking. Yeah, it shows criminal activity on the part of Trump while in office, but we already knew or had reason to strongly suspect that this was the case vis a vis Stormy Daniels.

This won't move the needle on polls. This isn't Trump shooting a guy on 5th Avenue.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'll be honest, if this is going to be his testimony, it's not earth-shaking. Yeah, it shows criminal activity on the part of Trump while in office, but we already knew or had reason to strongly suspect that this was the case vis a vis Stormy Daniels.

This won't move the needle on polls. This isn't Trump shooting a guy on 5th Avenue.

I can't get over how insane it is that Trump is leading the Christian base and they continue to stand behind him with all that is known.  It is incomprehensible.

33 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yep.  I agree.

This has the makings of being fairly anticlimactic.