DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Judging by the live twitter reaction this thing isn't going to get us anywhere. The right thinks he is all over the place and this is a disaster for the Dems, while everyone else is being told what they already know. Its more of the same 2 realities we have been living for awhile now. Trump supporters will say this helped Trump while those who want him out will say this shows exactly why he must be impeached. 

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I try and give most politicians the benefit of the doubt that they are following their beliefs, however rigid and backwards some of them might be, but Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz are just pure, unadulterated a$$h@!es licking at the heels of Trump.  

Agreed.  Mueller looks and sounds feeble, but the GOP looks worse while they are in attack mode.   

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Judging by the live twitter reaction this thing isn't going to get us anywhere. The right thinks he is all over the place and this is a disaster for the Dems, while everyone else is being told what they already know. Its more of the same 2 realities we have been living for awhile now. Trump supporters will say this helped Trump while those who want him out will say this shows exactly why he must be impeached. 

I do think that the Dems are doing a good job of bringing up obstruction issues.  Publicly showing that Trump was mingling wt the investigators, witnesses, DOJ.  This should strengthen the Dems claim that Trump is unfit for office and unfit for re-election.  No chance Trump gets kicked out by impeachment, however, this evidence will be shown over and over again in the public impeachment- our 2020 election.   So it will have some benefit - if not now -- later

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I do think that the Dems are doing a good job of bringing up obstruction issues.  Publicly showing that Trump was mingling wt the investigators, witnesses, DOJ.  This should strengthen the Dems claim that Trump is unfit for office and unfit for re-election.  No chance Trump gets kicked out by impeachment, however, this evidence will be shown over and over again in the public impeachment- our 2020 election.   So it will have some benefit - if not now -- later

The fact that Mueller said, point blank, that Trump could be prosecuted for OoJ after he leaves office should be the biggest point taken away from this, as well as on virtually every Democratic ad that comes out during the general election. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

The fact that Mueller said, point blank, that Trump could be prosecuted for OoJ after he leaves office should be the biggest point taken away from this, as well as on virtually every Democratic ad that comes out during the general election. 

agree 100%.  The Dems should do the following in those ads IMHO:

1. Repeat the line that no one is above the law

2. That Trump could / should be prosecuted after he leaves office.

3. Show that any other American would have been tried in court.  

4.  Appeal to the public's higher value of justice versus partisan political considerations. Justice hasn't prevailed in this case but needs to. The public has an opportunity to be the judge and jury with their vote. 

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

The president already has a tweet out about how Mueller said there was no obstruction. That is very clearly not what he said.

What he said was that due to a single opinion, he's not allowed to do anything about the obstruction that occurred.

You're right, Dems should run with this and acknowledge him as the criminal he very clearly is.

• Thanks 1

While the Democrats are hitting on the obstruction issue, it doesn't mean anything unless they are going to impeach imo. As far as I have seen this testimony just has people digging in on their sides further. People who think Trump is innocent don't care about the obstruction because they don't think the investigation had merit in the first place. I don't know, but I think if this is just for campaign fodder it is a waste. 

I'll say it again. Impeachment proceedings better begin soon or this was all a big circus. Trump voters do not care that he obstructed justice and see Mueller as unreliable. We cannot sit back and let this be an election issue because that gives Trump more breathing room to win again. Full court press needs to be put on. Given the circumstances, it is Congresses DUTY to impeach, as Moiraine said. It's not a luxary or tactic they can use, it is their duty to the American people. I don't care about the damn politics. Trump broke the law and must be held accountable now, not when he leaves office because honestly we might be waiting until 2025. 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'll say it again. Impeachment proceedings better begin soon or this was all a big circus. Trump voters do not care that he obstructed justice and see Mueller as unreliable. We cannot sit back and let this be an election issue because that gives Trump more breathing room to win again. Full court press needs to be put on. Given the circumstances, it is Congresses DUTY to impeach, as Moiraine said. It's not a luxary or tactic they can use, it is their duty to the American people. I don't care about the damn politics. Trump broke the law and must be held accountable now, not when he leaves office because honestly we might be waiting until 2025. 

Agree.  Even though I mentioned in a post above that the Dems have plenty of points to use in campaign ads and to encourage the voters to impeach him with their vote, the Dems have a responsibility to impeach specifically for the crimes committed - regardless if the Senate convicts or not (or even if they refuse to bring it to the floor of the Senate under control of The Turtle). 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Agree.  Even though I mentioned in a post above that the Dems have plenty of points to use in campaign ads and to encourage the voters to impeach him with their vote, the Dems have a responsibility to impeach specifically for the crimes committed - regardless if the Senate convicts or not (or even if they refuse to bring it to the floor of the Senate under control of The Turtle). 

ALL CONGRESSMAN HAVE THIS RESPONSIBILITY.

• Thanks 5