DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

This gave me a laugh. Since when is ignorance ever been a defense? Jr., Kushner, and now Flynn have all either used this defense or inexplicably been saved by it as it relates to the investigation.

Flynn’s misgivings about the case were already on display when his then-attorneys pointedly noted in their sentencing memo that the FBI had not warned him that it was against the law to lie when they interviewed him at the White House in January 2017.

I'm sorry, but you have to be absolutely stupid not to know this.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This gave me a laugh. Since when is ignorance ever been a defense? Jr., Kushner, and now Flynn have all either used this defense or inexplicably been saved by it as it relates to the investigation.

At some point we're just led by utter morons who are nonetheless smart enough to know the "law guy" in charge won't care.

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

"Candidate X really needs to concede to my political beliefs so I can vote for them" is becoming a hollower and hollower argument every day.

The idea that people will just vote for a candidate despite that candidate not aligning with that voter's political beliefs has always been a hollow argument.

24 minutes ago, ZRod said:

“I’m sorry officer… I didn’t know I couldn’t do that (but I did know!).“ Dave Chappelle. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, QMany said:

“I’m sorry officer… I didn’t know I couldn’t do that (but I did know!).“ Dave Chappelle. 

We should examine the motives of the prosecutors in that instance (and frankly, every instance) because that's apparently how law is done now.

39 minutes ago, ZRod said:

well, for clarity, it is not against the law to lie (to the FBI or anyone) unless it is in the narrow confines of involving Federal Government matters while being questioned by a Federal agent...according to 18 U.S.C.1001(1)

• Plus1 1

at this point i am starting to think the republican coup of the american system is already over.  they don't even try to look not guilty anymore and totally ignore any inconvenient rules and regulations that they don't want to obey.