DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

5 hours ago, QMany said:

i've been thinking about this.   if it's true that a president can't self pardon himself....wouldn't that extend to not being able to pardon those who break the law defending him from prosecution?  i am no lawyer so maybe way off base but it seems to make sense to me.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I think they could. But couldn’t imagine they wouldn’t be impeached. 

36 minutes ago, commando said:

they imagined someone like trump.  they didn't anticipate the complicit senate protecting him.

BINGO 1 AND 2

2 hours ago, commando said:

i've been thinking about this.   if it's true that a president can't self pardon himself....wouldn't that extend to not being able to pardon those who break the law defending him from prosecution?  i am no lawyer so maybe way off base but it seems to make sense to me.

No.  The malcontents are back to alleging there was a quid pro quo, and it even then has to be a bribe outside of normal government operation.   Many Presidents such as Ulysses S Grant pardoned their buddies.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

No.  The malcontents are back to alleging there was a quid pro quo, and it even then has to be a bribe outside of normal government operation.   Many Presidents such as Ulysses S Grant pardoned their buddies.

stone said he could have easily turned on trump to make his life easier.      to turn he would have had to offer evidence against trump.  if he didn't have that evidence he would have went to jail for his crimes.  he clearly implied in that statement  that he had the goods on trump.   

• Plus1 3

5 hours ago, commando said:

stone said he could have easily turned on trump to make his life easier.      to turn he would have had to offer evidence against trump.  if he didn't have that evidence he would have went to jail for his crimes.  he clearly implied in that statement  that he had the goods on trump.   

The turncoat speaks his own 'evidence.'  Every day there are criminal suspects facing the choice between certain jail time or say what we want to hear

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'll have to double-check, but I think a lot of the militarization of local police forces came from the U.S. military and contractors looking to off-load surplus assault vehicles, flack-jackets, and firearms at discount prices. 

Were you complaining when Mueller sent a paramilitary swat team into Stone's house on a pre-dawn raid to arrest him for a white-collar crime?  What integrity can the government have after that?

• Plus1 2
On 7/13/2020 at 6:47 PM, commando said:

Trump pardoning Stone was the biggest admission of guilt we'll ever get from a guy with no conscience. 

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Were you complaining when Mueller sent a paramilitary swat team into Stone's house on a pre-dawn raid to arrest him for a white-collar crime?  

Actually yes. Yes i was. I thought it was horribly unnecessary and bad optics. 

Doesn't really alter my previous point though, does it?

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Were you complaining when Mueller sent a paramilitary swat team into Stone's house on a pre-dawn raid to arrest him for a white-collar crime?  What integrity can the government have after that?

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Actually yes. Yes i was. I thought it was horribly unnecessary and bad optics. 

Doesn't really alter my previous point though, does it?

If they can no-knock raid, and open fire at will for someone simply suspected of harboring narcotics, I would sure as heck support a pre-dawn raid for someone committing or conspiring to commit treason. Just saying.  

• Plus1 6

6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

If they can no-knock raid, and open fire at will for someone simply suspected of harboring narcotics, I would sure as heck support a pre-dawn raid for someone committing or conspiring to commit treason. Just saying.  

The trick is being better than "they." 

Like his benefactor, Roger Stone is a narcissist. I'm sure he was thrilled by the cinematic show of force to bring him in. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

And yet, @Notre Dame Joe has nothing to say against the raid that killed Breonna Taylor. That silence speaks volumes.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Trump pardoning Stone was the biggest admission of guilt we'll ever get from a guy with no conscience. 

Pardons-by-President.jpg

7 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The charge was lying to congress and generic obstruction of justice.  FYI the normal way is to indict so the accused can get a lawyer and turn himself in.  Guns are supposed to be for when there is a chance the arrestee will be violent and actually for when the government wants to flex its muscle in public?

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

And yet, @Notre Dame Joe has nothing to say against the raid that killed Breonna Taylor. That silence speaks volumes.

wanna bet?

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The charge was lying to congress and generic obstruction of justice.  FYI the normal way is to indict so the accused can get a lawyer and turn himself in.  Guns are supposed to be for when there is a chance the arrestee will be violent and actually for when the government wants to flex its muscle in public?

Or you know, if there is a risk that the suspect will destroy evidence before turning themselves in. Yeah, I don't think Stone would have done that.... Nah, not him. Roger Stone is not a crook.... 

The Funniest Tweets About Roger Stone's Arrest - Paste

• Plus1 3